Barrett-Jackson Ford GT Dinner-Scottsdale

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Thursday nite they auctioned a Daytona Cobra repro from Superformance for $37K. I expected someone from the Forum to buy it. Sounded cheap, unless it was beat looking. Just wondering if anyone attending the auction saw the car.

You really had my heart beating! Whew....

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist_Details.aspx?&In_LotNumber=735

^^ That is a factory five chassis. IMHO, no where near the quality of a Superformance. Also, the dimensions didn't look quite right.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Nice job Chip. :thumbsup

Good to see the group again. We only get together once or twice a year, but sure feels like a lot of friends.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Fantastic evening. Thanks Chip, Larry and all. Great dinner with the best and most enjoyable group of guys you could ever expect to have so much in common with. :cheers

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Furlong, Prices are way down. Last night a Daytona Cp, nice one went for $55,ooo. A STEAL. The one your asking about was not too nice but was way too cheap. Yesterday a Cobra Kit sold for $28,000 with 289 and webbers and a great car with consigner crying off the stage! There are absolute steals here. On thurs night the auction was off some 6 Million, I don't know about yesterday but looked way off. Tomy PS 68 GT350 Shelby Conv. Nice nice car sold $90,000. 1970 Mach one very rare car yellow with great history sold for $47,000. STEAL.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Guys I wish i could be with you all.

Good Friends
Good Food
Cheap prices

Sounds like heaven, life is tough this week but the sun did come up today so I guess it will get better.

From what I have seen on the TV was shocking low prices compared to last year. 45K cars going for 20K other than the black GTO with webers that Tony Stewart bought.

Someone raise a toast for me as I really planned on making this event and miss being their.

Tomy buy everything in site. When the market comes back everyone will sell and buy durable goods again (like classic cars). Last time this happened the T-bolts went for 55K and 3 years later were 200K

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Furlong, Prices are way down. Last night a Daytona Cp, nice one went for $55,ooo. A STEAL. The one your asking about was not too nice but was way too cheap. Yesterday a Cobra Kit sold for $28,000 with 289 and webbers and a great car with consigner crying off the stage! There are absolute steals here. On thurs night the auction was off some 6 Million, I don't know about yesterday but looked way off. Tomy PS 68 GT350 Shelby Conv. Nice nice car sold $90,000. 1970 Mach one very rare car yellow with great history sold for $47,000. STEAL.

Tommy, I've watched nearly every hour from a sick bed:bored, couldn't agree more!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Did everyone forget cameras? Let's see who's out there! None of you guys have shown up on the tube yet.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sitting here at B-J, bloody mary in hand.

I am not at all surprised. Haven't seen anything that surprised me so far this week.

Like the stock market this year we are seeing a needed correction.

The folks that are crying are the speculators and the auction houses. Of course B-J is all no reserve.

Having a good time. Sorry your sick Steve.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey Thanks Chip for organizing the two great dinners and all the great forum people who came out. :cheers

Thanks to AZGT for always dragging us around and Jason for the executive transport service as well.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Tonight should be really intertesting. Couldn't believe yesterday. The Roadrunner Daytona for $200k, the 70 Cuda AAR for $90K.... about 35 - 45% off last year alone.

Bont, have one for me!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
If anyone see's my old 429 SCJ Falcon let me know. I heard it was going to B-J

image013.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Just left Russo Steele, the cars that don't meet reserve go back to the tent with the high bid price and the price the owner would let it go for. Clearly you see many cars that failed to meet the socalled reserve by 20% to 30%. Looks like the market has rolled back to where it was 2 to 3 years ago. Which is a worthy adjustment.

What you will see tonight at B-J is not reflective of the true market for the average collector. The great cars will demand big prices. The middle of the road, restomods, clones and pastic hot rods are taking big hits.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Watched a Boyd Custom Ford ( 34 I think) very very low miles go for 60k. Thats less than half of what you would have paid him a few years back.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Anyone see a modern Ford GT cross the auction block this year at B-J?

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Red/White 2005 scheduled for tomorrow.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That guy is gonna be bummed. I can't think of a worse place or environment to sell a GT right now. I bet it goes 140s, max.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I hope Bony comes to his senses and bids on it. He really needs a RED car.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I agree with DBK. I looked at the car yesterday afternoon. What a mess. Seemed to be in good shape overall, but there was an inch of dust covering it, and thousands of finger prints just grinding all that dust into the paint.

How sad to see the worlds only wondercar in such shape. It's too bad hanging is not P.C. Some people are only alive because it's against the law to kill them.

IMHO :thumbsup:thumbsup

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Rich...what / who allows the car to look like that? Is not the owner there to keep the vehicle 'detailed' as it is being viewed and then bid upon? I hope to attend BJ with you guys next year to see all of this..
andy

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Scottsdale GT Dinners

Glad to hear that you all had another great GT get together.

40% larger than the '07 Chipster "event".

Wish my schedule allowed me to attend.

Have a safe trip back home.

Jeff