"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTman2005

GT Owner
Oct 8, 2011
Massachusetts
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I'm not a frequent visitor to the site, but saw this thread tonight. Sounds like a real trip, that's for sure. I spend a lot of time in those areas for work and play, so would be happy to see if I could help out on any local arrangements and fun

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Gtman, thanks for the help and well wishes.....Glad your on the forum.........If I need you, believe me I will call.......thanks again...On another note come on down to the barn around aprilish...we always do sept. before a national rally , but because of the trip we pushed everything up......your always welcome, just dont eat for a couple of days....its a food/car fest, mostly food........Since your new, there a complete ford gt owners book for sale and membership to the forum, get both they are more than worth it.........Mj Im not missing one single day of anything my friend.....come on down, If 360 is on the field, we can get HOBBS/REDMAN for a photo shoot......yeah baby.....gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Does anyone have a "PRIVATE CORPORATE JET" or someone on the forum , who flies one.....We are thinking of going all out with the trip to europe. It will be for the end of july early august.........Looks like amsterdam is going to be our starting point....
Please any info just pm me.......its still a go.......Thank in advance GTJOEY1314

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Does anyone have a "PRIVATE CORPORATE JET" or someone on the forum , who flies one.....We are thinking of going all out with the trip to europe. It will be for the end of july early august.........Looks like amsterdam is going to be our starting point....
Please any info just pm me.......its still a go.......Thank in advance GTJOEY1314

Are you still doubling up with the Shelby 50th group? They are trying to recruit me for the trip on the Shelby forum but I explained in another topic here why not.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You guys are gonna spend over $100k on a private plane to get across the Atlantic when you can fly first class on a commercial jet for $5k? I'm sure! :lol

Don't forget, London 2012 is from 27 July-12 Aug 2012 so if you go those dates that the same time the Olympics will be occurring in Europe. I assume the continent will be packed with visitors taking advantage of the proximity to the UK.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
There is so much going on ......Looks like Virgin is the best so far, but we have to see....The cobra group has the right idea for shipping and all.........Its the countries paper work that are the hardest to get done......
Just throwing out every idea, olympics/nuclear threats/invasions......its gonna be fun...........
We are also hooking up with the Original GT40 group in England and hopefully do some pace laps at the historic LeMans......
Remember our loving wives will be coming through the Europe part.......fun...fun...fun............

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
There is at least one Concorde left at the Airbus factory in France. I suspect you all could contact Air France and see if they will handle the trip. Given all the publicity surrounding this extravaganza I suspect they will do it.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Looks like Virgin is the best so far........

Do it!!! GT in the Airbus....You in the SPACE SHIP

virgins-spaceship-and-airbus-over-san-francisco.jpg

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
3652650645_db2548441d.jpg

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
MJ/CHRIS A / GTDRUMMER, Im going where ever they are..........Yes , I would pay the mint for one ride in the SST/CONCORDE.....Remember dreaming about the future?, that plane everydy past our house and office at 3:30 every day, it never got tired...like the GT and GTJOEY, never got tired.........enjoy gtjoey1314

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Flights to Europe

JOEY,

Bend over and grab your feet if you are thinking about a 1-way on a corporate jet.:eek:ack Like $100k-$120k. Are you frikin nuts?:screwy::frown ,,or are your nuts just hanging out the window?!?!!?
Having sampled most of the airlines flying the Atlantic I can say Virgin will be best suited for you. :thumbsupPamper,pamper,pamper...etc..... You will have a ball with those skimp-a-ly dressed girls. Unlike others, they have a great deal of fun. Kind of like the old days. Food is OK, nothing to goo-goo over, but eatible. The seats do turn into a full 180 degree flat bed.

And , red, is your color Big Peep!!!!!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Lil Peep, thanks as it looks like either Virgin or luftonsa or possible klm as we start in Amsterdam.............Chris is putting together the travels for this part........We have to ship 360 BACK TO TEXAS......as the port will load all 15 cars from their..............enjoy gtjoey1314

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
You only have to stary in Amsterdam if you fly KLM. Have the car land in the U.K. (maybe take a quick 3 hour trip to Poole to see the McLaren factory & F1 facility or Oxfordshire to see the Aston-Martin facility. Simon could hook you up!),,,,,Then, take the Chunnel to France. from there,,,off to LeMans and the rest of your European trip.

Just a suggestion..........

JL

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Jimmy,

I just love that longislandnese you speak..........it's almost like a coded message....:lol

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Yah, It's like a Bacala , Uh, I mean Bacalah!!!
Kinda like Beer in Boston. You know,,,Beeeeyah!!!!

PS: Had some guys over the house to watch the Giant game and enjoy a pot of Pene & meatballs with gravy. They were in town on a project for me and were from Ponchatoula, LA.
Took them in the gerarge to see the cars and one guy looks at the GT and says....." Wow, is that the new Mustang?".....He said that inbetween the spits of chew from his mouth!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

I have access to one I use from time to time. $5000 an hour in fuel alone, not to mention pilot, price to lease jet, etc. Pretty sure this is not the route you are gonna take unless you are gonna give the GT up for payment once the trip is complete.....

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I have access to one I use from time to time. $5000 an hour in fuel alone, not to mention pilot, price to lease jet, etc. Pretty sure this is not the route you are gonna take unless you are gonna give the GT up for payment once the trip is complete.....
Thanks for the offer my friend....I had 3 friends with the lease deals, all have been terminated. The cost is way out there.....Virgin/KLM/EL AL....what ever, as long as we go , we are sending deposits tomorow for the hotels and all............if any of you are SVT/SVTOA MEMBERS, just wait till you get this months magazine, the forum/360 and lucas ford are all in it....great shots from the american trip..................thanks again...gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Email from fred goodnow!

Guys, I just recieved an email from Fred......he said he is at the Detroit Auto show and they are handing out the new issue of AUTOWEEK.......Does anyone have it or can post it as GTJOEY and crew are in it with 360 going around the world........
Thanks if someone can do it......GTJIMMY?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Everyone see Joey in Autoweek?

It was in the "I drive a supercar as a daily driver" article.

Joey strikes the "thinker's pose" to show everyone why he drives a FGT (he has brains) :biggrin

Looked Good Joey! You sure now how to get out and about.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
It was in the "I drive a supercar as a daily driver" article.

Joey strikes the "thinker's pose" to show everyone why he drives a FGT (he has brains) :biggrin

Looked Good Joey! You sure now how to get out and about.
The article was supposed to include Chris and I going around the world, I havent seen it yet, but I think they are doing by region , People who drive exotics alot...starting with the northeast...
How are the pics?, enjoy gtjoey1314

Status
Not open for further replies.