"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'll be at Amelia (Sunday only.....long drive from Venice), and Sebring. See you there.

Howard (the other Howard)

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
You pick. We will adjust our schedule to accomadate(for those of us that can)

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Pre Europe inspection

Update, plans have begun planning the European part of the trip.......
This is a very large undertaking as the small items are the biggest hurdle.......
Just got off the phone with Grundy's , Jim is a long time friend........he thinks we can do it....:thumbsup
Any suggestions or ideas, please pm......
Shipping by Boat is far less costly but a longer time span.......
Hopefully by the time Amelia comes and goes we will be completely booked and done for the other side of the pond!
Before that we must have another weekend at the barn for service and photo shoots........I just got a call from the GTGUYS.......
Hows late april mid may for the barn this year......have a big send off and away we go..............
Remember we have the lift and they can do anything when they arrive in New York...........
Pm guys if those dates look good.............enjoy gtjoey1314:thumbsup

We are thinking about after April 18, 2012. After Easter, after tax day, and hopefully nicer weather there in the east. How long we stay will depend on how many cars we have. Looks like we have at least 7-8 so far and counting. Send me or Joey a pm or email richbrooks@thegtguy.com

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I'll be at Amelia (Sunday only.....long drive from Venice), and Sebring. See you there.

Howard (the other Howard)

To go or not to go. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Thinking about it.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Richie,

Is that my old ride with Red stripes now?!?!??!?!:confused

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Pretty cool Joey and quite a feat.

Be safe my friend.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Guys, April or early May would work for me concerning a Barn visit. Anything later may get in the way of our move to Wyoming.

John

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
What?Wyoming....there's some news.Retirement, job, change of scenery? Very nice.

Stu

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Stu, just sick of paying taxes in NY!!!

John

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Me too...except I am sick of Connecticut. Though I also pay to NY since one of the hospitals is in NY. Plus CT property tax on cars.

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Handsome GTJoseph- Just called your cell and left you a voice-mail.. Please do the "Barn" on a Sunday.. Would make your fellow GT brother's life a lot easier.. also dont want to miss The GT Guys. Love to all KurtGT

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Hi Rich- Please mark me down as your 9th booking for GTJOEY's BARN Day.. thanks in advance.. Best KurtGT

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I recieved your messages my friend, been busy, planning ALOT of things..........since this is your first time.......you will see we average around 25 GT's per day, just hanging around, so you can leave it from the day before or we will schedule what you would need..........Remember, the date is almost set because we are trying VERY HARD to wrap up the trip across Europe.........hope your having a great holiday my friend........gtjoey1314

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I'm in, got lots of things besides the oil change I need done, nothing big, just little things!!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Lots going on......got my confirmation at Amelia Island........they are over booked and a waiting list of 300 people.........HUGE....
Another good note is that it looks like 2 ORIGINAL gt40's will be on hand to compete against the ferraris...............sounds great..........enjoy gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Update...thanks to Nardo our insurance for "EUROPE" is done......this is a big concern if you ever attempt this trip....... Chris, thanks again............Will keep you informed if we get accepted to Amelia Island..........even if not, my suite is set........2,700 dollars for 3 days and worth every penny baby.......
Cannot wait................360 is snug on the showroom floor in heat/ac controlled building.......taking many pictures for alot of well wishers........Happy new year and hope all is well in 2012 .....enjoy gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys, at Amelia this year they are having and ENDURANCE SEMINAR, Brian Redman, Sam Posey, Derrick Bell, Bobby Unser sr. and many more , its a seminar and photo shoot, 30 dollars each, anyone want to go, its in the hotel, most of these guys drove through the 60's ran gt40 or porsche /ferrari, great group.....anyone in? gtjoey1314

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Joey, I have my hotel room all set for Amelia, but not sure I will actually make it. Too soon to know. I'll keep you updated as we get closer.

GTman2005

GT Owner
Oct 8, 2011
Massachusetts
Sounds like a great trip. Sorry you aren't making up to Mass., but I would be happy to help you with the Europe and China plans as they materialize. I know Germany very well (lived there 9 years), know lots of gearheads there (read: accommodations all through Bayern and up through Koeln.). Also know my way around Beijing and the Great Wall in that area (Ba-da-Ling) spending most of my days there now..and if you ever go "Down Under", that's my second home.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
GTman, welcome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.