Application for New GT's Coming in November???

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
Thank you Dave. This is excellent information. This definitely helps boost one's confidence and hopes! Good luck to everyone applying this time around. Cheers to some great news coming this Spring!

1 - Yes. It will reappear on the 8th.

2 - I would like to take this opportunity to attempt to stab this notion in the heart for good, at least here. The social media thing is the most persistent but verifiably false perception about the car and I see it constantly.

As a matter of record 69% of the first ~750 cars went to people on the basis of being part of one group: 05/06 Ford GT owners. Beyond that, a number of additional Ford GT owners got cars on the basis of other criteria (supplier, dealer, technical partner, fleet customer etc) and didn't even count against number. The vast majority of 17+ cars have thus far gone to 05/06 owners, just as promised.

Out of the remaining cars, the majority went to those dealers, suppliers, motorsports & technical partners, motorsports drivers, fleet customers, etc. It was not videos or social media that got these people allocations. 87% of the allocations went to people that were Ford owners of some kind.

So the starting point for the allocations of about 70 out of 100 cars was "owns an 05/06 GT." I think it would be charitable to say 1-2 out of 100 cars went to people for being big on social media. But which one do you hear about all the time? Definitely the latter, which is insane based on the facts. Point here is that the social media/videos thing was wildly overblown, and is a persistent reason for people to grouse despite being factually incorrect. If people were told in 2015 at launch that 70% of the cars were going to people purely on the basis of being GT owners, and at MSRP, everyone would have been supremely thrilled and not cared who the rest went to. A handful of social media people (literally, like a single digit number out of 750) getting allocations has transmogrified into "they only gave cars to YouTubers."

If people really feel like they can make a nice video that will somehow differentiate, have at it. But it is and was optional, and you can see the relevance (or near total lack thereof) in the above breakdown. Social media mattered for the tiny amount of people who received allocations out of the "social media bucket."

There is good news on multiple fronts though. I know they hope to get even deeper into the well of GT enthusiasts with the remaining cars, and a lot of dudes went ballistic after the first round so you can write them off as competition! :lol

blkfxstc

Nov 27, 2016
1 - Yes. It will reappear on the 8th.

2 - I would like to take this opportunity to attempt to stab this notion in the heart for good, at least here. The social media thing is the most persistent but verifiably false perception about the car and I see it constantly.

As a matter of record 69% of the first ~750 cars went to people on the basis of being part of one group: 05/06 Ford GT owners. Beyond that, a number of additional Ford GT owners got cars on the basis of other criteria (supplier, dealer, technical partner, fleet customer etc) and didn't even count against number. The vast majority of 17+ cars have thus far gone to 05/06 owners, just as promised.

Out of the remaining cars, the majority went to those dealers, suppliers, motorsports & technical partners, motorsports drivers, fleet customers, etc. It was not videos or social media that got these people allocations. 87% of the allocations went to people that were Ford owners of some kind.

So the starting point for the allocations of about 70 out of 100 cars was "owns an 05/06 GT." I think it would be charitable to say 1-2 out of 100 cars went to people for being big on social media. But which one do you hear about all the time? Definitely the latter, which is insane based on the facts. Point here is that the social media/videos thing was wildly overblown, and is a persistent reason for people to grouse despite being factually incorrect. If people were told in 2015 at launch that 70% of the cars were going to people purely on the basis of being GT owners, and at MSRP, everyone would have been supremely thrilled and not cared who the rest went to. A handful of social media people (literally, like a single digit number out of 750) getting allocations has transmogrified into "they only gave cars to YouTubers."

If people really feel like they can make a nice video that will somehow differentiate, have at it. But it is and was optional, and you can see the relevance (or near total lack thereof) in the above breakdown. Social media mattered for the tiny amount of people who received allocations out of the "social media bucket."

There is good news on multiple fronts though. I know they hope to get even deeper into the well of GT enthusiasts with the remaining cars, and a lot of dudes went ballistic after the first round so you can write them off as competition! :lol

Thanks for this feedback!!!

I know now not to waste my time and resubmit my application. I have owned 12 Fords over the last 25 years and currently own 4 (had 3 at the time of the last application), but can't afford an 05/06 and a new FGT just to be in the 70th percentile. Ferrari does the same thing with certain models. I don't understand how either company can expand their client base using this methodology, but maybe they do not want to.

Good luck to all the current 05/06 owners on this forum, I hope you get an allocation!!

Thanks DBK (Dave) for the clarification of the application process.

I know I’m repeating what others have said but speaking for myself and probably most everyone else who frequents this forum the passion we have towards the GT is just over the top!

Every time I see or think about this incredible engineering masterpiece my heart flutters! LOL :)

I know I’m truly blessed to own my 05 GT and do love everything about it but to be chosen for the NGT would be pure nirvana!!

So.....I raise my “virtual” glass of wine, or whatever you drink, in a toast, to all of us who have this burning passion for the NGT and wish us all Good Luck with our applications next week. Thursday the 8th can’t come fast enough.

May the Force (Ford) be with us all!!

Regards,
Dave I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micah442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 24, 2018
This is great news. Wish I applied the first go round but missed it. I’m applying this time and good luck to all.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
It reminds me of the first round of excitement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dana and I didn’t own a GT during the first round. Always longing for a FORDGT we were fortunate to acquire a 2005 Quicksilver earlier this year. Attending the Atlanta event (our first GT event) we were enamored with all the genuine folks we met. Like playing with my first set of cars as a kid, I have been to FORDGT.COM and built and rebuilt a NFGT so many times... With this new news the build could become a reality... We hope for the best and want to wish ALL good luck... Hope to see you all in 2019.... Happy Holidays!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Looks like www.fordgt.com is up and running for applications already as opposed to November 8th. Site mentions Nov 1 in one place and Nov 8 in another. Odd.
Good luck everyone. I am very excited at the possibility.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181104-204122_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181104-204122_Samsung Internet.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I don’t see it open. It just says: watch this space for application information.

Last edited:

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Odd.

Last edited:

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
You are right. Gone already. Maybe I caught it during testing phase.

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I don’t see it open. It just says: watch this space for application information.

That’s what I was going to say.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California

Im getting the same message since early this morning when I woke up just in time!!!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The 8th is the date it will open... today is the 7th!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
The 8th is the date it will open... today is the 7th!

Dahhh? I got the dates revered Its til Dec 7th and starts Nov 8th!!! Thank you. Now I have to wake up again at 430am tomorrow!!! :)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
.... Now I have to wake up again at 430am tomorrow!!! :)

There is no advantage in getting your applications in early. The applications won't even be reviewed until after Dec 7.

Ed

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
There is no advantage in getting your applications in early. The applications won't even be reviewed until after Dec 7.

Ed

Ahhh. Good to know Ed. How are you buddy? Hope all is well with you and family.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
8AM EST tomorrow, if I'm doing my math right.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There is no benefit to filling it out immediately. I would imagine based on what happened the first time, it may be overloaded.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ahhh. Good to know Ed. How are you buddy? Hope all is well with you and family.

All is good. NGT coming soon. Hope all is well down south.

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
--deep breath ,, calm.
--Handwrite first.
--make sure to have the Full VIN's for your Ford GT and all other Ford's in your 'stable'.
--know where to go for the Notary.
--have fun.
Best of luck.

andy (ajb)

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Not working for me yet?