Application for New GT's Coming in November???

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Got mine too!! Well, we will all be awaiting April 5th! Good luck. 2nd time’s the charm...right?? [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Got mine too. Super excited for a second chance. And It's going to be a a tough wait from Nov 8 to April 5th....

Dear Marcus,

We are writing to inform you that the Ford GT application site will reopen on November 8th, 2018 at 1:01 PM GMT through December 7th, 2018 at 12:01 PM GMT. The link to the application can be found at www.fordgt.com

Please note, if you applied in 2016, you will need to login and accept the Terms and Conditions for your application to be reconsidered for an upcoming allocation. You will also have the ability to update your application, if you choose to do so.

Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by Ford Motor Company, and all applicants will be notified of the results by the Ford GT Concierge Team by April 5th, 2019.

Sincerely,

Ford GT Concierge Team

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I didn’t get the email, but coincidentally the iCloud email server has been screwed up all day. Don’t want to miss out on this correspondence!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Got mine for second chance aswell! The results come April 5th 2019 on my 40th birthday! wish me luck!!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Got mine too!! Well, we will all be awaiting April 5th! Good luck. 2nd time’s the charm...right?? [emoji1696]

I got my email too. I have 2 questions if anyone can help.
1) Will the application link apear on Nov.8th? Because at the moment I cant find it on fordgt.com
2) Are they still looking for people big on Social Media and require videos or would just a die-hard GT fan be a qualifier?

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I got an email as well. Except, the letter said Ford is accelerating my process by granting me an allocation on Nov 8th!!! Really.....;)

Ok gang, let's sharpen our pencils and turn in a great application for all of us who were not selected last time!

Ed

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
The heart rate increases.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Got mine too today...excited! Hoping I get one to partner up with my '05!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Ok gang, let's sharpen our pencils and turn in a great application for all of us who were not selected last time!

Ed[/QUOTE

Great idea. A team application

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Crossing my fingers too

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I received the same email today. I was so excited they remembered me. Sure got my blood flowing. Best of luck wishes for all.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
I received the email today as well. Hope I am lucky this time.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
You guys are lucky the date to know the results isn’t April 1 or dr frank and Blake would be having a field day. As it is I bet they will prank one of you for sure.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Awsum news for all that are still on the outside looking in. I hope you all get one of the new GT's. You will love it! Good luck!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Haven't heard something from Ford yet here in Europe, but there is still one week left. Again the excitement level is rising ...

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I would expect even more applications this time. Even taking out the 750 already allocated I imagine everyone who applied before will reapply and with all the hype generated by the media and with the recent auction sales the speculators will come out in mass. Kind of like buying a lottery ticket. Ford's allocation process will weed out these guys and hopefully everyone who applied before and GT owners on this forum will be represented in allocations similar to the first round.
Long wait until April but keep up the faith.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The excitement is renewed! It's like early 2016 all over again. I'm happy that 600 more units are available. Better chances for folks on this board.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I got my email too. I have 2 questions if anyone can help.
1) Will the application link apear on Nov.8th? Because at the moment I cant find it on fordgt.com
2) Are they still looking for people big on Social Media and require videos or would just a die-hard GT fan be a qualifier?

1 - Yes. It will reappear on the 8th.

2 - I would like to take this opportunity to attempt to stab this notion in the heart for good, at least here. The social media thing is the most persistent but verifiably false perception about the car and I see it constantly.

As a matter of record 69% of the first ~750 cars went to people on the basis of being part of one group: 05/06 Ford GT owners. Beyond that, a number of additional Ford GT owners got cars on the basis of other criteria (supplier, dealer, technical partner, fleet customer etc) and didn't even count against number. The vast majority of 17+ cars have thus far gone to 05/06 owners, just as promised.

Out of the remaining cars, the majority went to those dealers, suppliers, motorsports & technical partners, motorsports drivers, fleet customers, etc. It was not videos or social media that got these people allocations. 87% of the allocations went to people that were Ford owners of some kind.

So the starting point for the allocations of about 70 out of 100 cars was "owns an 05/06 GT." I think it would be charitable to say 1-2 out of 100 cars went to people for being big on social media. But which one do you hear about all the time? Definitely the latter, which is insane based on the facts. Point here is that the social media/videos thing was wildly overblown, and is a persistent reason for people to grouse despite being factually incorrect. If people were told in 2015 at launch that 70% of the cars were going to people purely on the basis of being GT owners, and at MSRP, everyone would have been supremely thrilled and not cared who the rest went to. A handful of social media people (literally, like a single digit number out of 750) getting allocations has transmogrified into "they only gave cars to YouTubers."

If people really feel like they can make a nice video that will somehow differentiate, have at it. But it is and was optional, and you can see the relevance (or near total lack thereof) in the above breakdown. Social media mattered for the tiny amount of people who received allocations out of the "social media bucket."

There is good news on multiple fronts though. I know they hope to get even deeper into the well of GT enthusiasts with the remaining cars, and a lot of dudes went ballistic after the first round so you can write them off as competition! :lol

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Dave, thanks as always for the clarification. I’m even more excited and encouraged!! Good luck guys!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
......and a lot of dudes went ballistic after the first round so you can write them off as competition! :lol

The poetic justice in this gives me a smile. A really, really big smile.