Application for New GT's Coming in November???

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Anyone who puts bare chested Frank Putin in their video are screwed...

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
My info is the base price is now 500k USD. Also some of the options have also have a price increase.

I’ve told you a million times not to exagerrate! It’s $494,500

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
Just like many Forum members the fact ford is building additional cars is welcome news to us all!! Wishing everyone the best on the application process.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I’ve told you a million times not to exagerrate! It’s $494,500

Ha, actually I heard 500K. But if you are right that's great. A savings of $ 5500 USD!!!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I’m happy for my forum friends who will now have a fantastic shot at getting a new GT. Many of you guys are more than worthy of receiving an allocation. Best of luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly is more promising for us that didn’t get selected initially. Keeping my fingers crossed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
DBK: Any new performance tweaks to keep the car fresh and state-of-the-art over a 6 year run- more hp, supplemental electric motors like the NSX, light weighting etc?

Turning the GT into a hybrid will not happen - funny. Ford already has a lightweight version of the GT. The performance is tweeked as far as possible.

Ed

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Turning the GT into a hybrid will not happen - funny. Ford already has a lightweight version of the GT. The performance is tweeked as far as possible.

Ed

6 years is a long run in the supercar world and as ENZO BTR noted in his recent blog (link below) "...the long production run means the Ford GT will be going up against cars engineered and developed well after it was engineered and developed." It is not unreasonable to ask if Ford is considering any updates to the base model to keep the car at or near the top of the competition.
http://www.karlbrauer.com/ford-gt/more-ford-gts-how-many-too-many/.html

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
If you’re turned off by the fact that the newer cars will be faster, then please don’t buy it. Let someone else have it.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
If you’re turned off by the fact that the newer cars will be faster, then please don’t buy it. Let someone else have it.

Great, that helps us even more...those that want the latest, greatest,fastest will not want this car.

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014
I have a question (sorry if this may be a repeated question since I am not certain of the answer): so with this round of application, is there a total of 600 or 350 cars to be allocated?

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I have a question (sorry if this may be a repeated question since I am not certain of the answer): so with this round of application, is there a total of 600 or 350 cars to be allocated?

From what has been shared, I believe there will be 600 cars to be allocated thru 2022

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
Great, that helps us even more...those that want the latest, greatest,fastest will not want this car.

And a LOT of patience is required, if you are not, better do not apply:frown

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Read the entire thread. The exact numbers are posted.

Ed

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Anyone who puts bare chested Frank Putin in their video are screwed...

Frank Putin...now that is a name I think should stick.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
You guys are pretty funny. Must be a prerequisite for a GT owner allotment.

I figure if Mark Martin had to wait until this week to order his GT then Ford must be really tough on who they chose. Mark, I feel had all the bases covered. Ford man, top 10 Ford racer of all time, family man, big time charitable, IROC multiple championships, NASCAR Hall Of Fame, big Ford dealership...ect. Yes during the ression and into his retirement he like most racecar drivers drove for other brands. But he is synonymous with Ford Racing.
Video well, one can assume there is a few hundred hours he could have chosen so the one posted was pretty humorous.

So getting a NFGT is still special even if they are now making a bunch of them. At least its more likely they will have a greater amount of spare parts in stock with 1350 now to justify the inventory.

That said....onto the future....will the next Ford GT have 4 electric 250hp motors and have hover mode? Just my wild guess. Imagine the possibilities

And yahooo my roof was painted last week. I'm so excited.

Babble over, Tom

Last edited:

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
That was fantastic news, best of luck to all forum members!!! Can’t wait for the process to begin.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
We are writing to inform you that the Ford GT application site will reopen on November 8th, 2018 at 1:01 PM GMT through December 7th, 2018 at 12:01 PM GMT. The link to the application can be found at www.fordgt.com

Please note, if you applied in 2016, you will need to login and accept the Terms and Conditions for your application to be reconsidered for an upcoming allocation. You will also have the ability to update your application, if you choose to do so.

Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by Ford Motor Company, and all applicants will be notified of the results by the Ford GT Concierge Team by April 5th, 2019.

Sincerely,

Ford GT Concierge Team

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I just got it also. Good luck everyone on the Board!!!

Joe

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Got it too. Game on !

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
so you saying there still a chance got my email today

Dear Dave,

We are writing to inform you that the Ford GT application site will reopen on November 8th, 2018 at 1:01 PM GMT through December 7th, 2018 at 12:01 PM GMT. The link to the application can be found at www.fordgt.com

Please note, if you applied in 2016, you will need to login and accept the Terms and Conditions for your application to be reconsidered for an upcoming allocation. You will also have the ability to update your application, if you choose to do so.

Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by Ford Motor Company, and all applicants will be notified of the results by the Ford GT Concierge Team by April 5th, 2019.

Sincerely,

Ford GT Concierge Team