Anyone know about this Dark Slate Grey one??

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
No stripe, no Mac (!!!), no wheel option, no painted caliper. Pretty rare car. Priced pretty reasonably, no?

Last edited:

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Been for sale for a while. Here is a Youtube video from November 2016 from the seller : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYpF5zBavF4

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Interesting choice of lighting, as it doesn't look like tungsten (unless a respray, but they don't mention that). Not the factory radio (its not the Sanyo).

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Interesting choice of lighting, as it doesn't look like tungsten (unless a respray, but they don't mention that). Not the factory radio (its not the Sanyo).
I agree with spec racer. the color looks a little off plus the sheen is pretty high compared to factory paint or maybe it's just the lighting. definetley a pre-inspection required before purchase but the price is right. jmho

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks good. good price, def need a PPI

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Car is NOT tungsten. I have been offered this car many times over the years. Its definitely NOT a stock color.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
I spoke to the sales manager at this dealership when they first listed it around Christmas. Right after they put it up, he realized it didn't have stock cats and couldn't pass emissions. He pulled the ad and then the car was at a Ford dealer for several weeks getting stock exhaust and other repairs and servicing. Manager said he told the dealer to "make everything right" and was in over $10k.

During the 2 calls with him, I meant to ask if he knew the color was called Tungsten Grey Metallic, not Slate Grey - hadn't occurred to me that it was a re-paint. :ack.

Given all that, not such a reasonable price at all imo.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
If it was a full repaint, I am assuming it was for a reason that would make the car a very bad deal...

I spoke to the sales manager at this dealership when they first listed it around Christmas. Right after they put it up, he realized it didn't have stock cats and couldn't pass emissions. He pulled the ad and then the car was at a Ford dealer for several weeks getting stock exhaust and other repairs and servicing. Manager said he told the dealer to "make everything right" and was in over $10k.

During the 2 calls with him, I meant to ask if he knew the color was called Tungsten Grey Metallic, not Slate Grey - hadn't occurred to me that it was a re-paint. :ack.

Given all that, not such a reasonable price at all imo.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Like Shelby, I've seen this car advertised many times from different dealerships over the last 24 months or so. Frankly, I like the color on the car but it WAS a total repaint and it is quite a bit darker than the Tungsten. When advertised previously there was a picture showing that whoever painted it had taped off one of the OEM door stickers - not so precisely - and it was easy to see the original (Tungsten) color contrasted with the new color.

Obviously some "event" precipitated the total re-paint and one can only imagine that the damage had to have been to a number of panels in order to consider a full re-spray. Who knows, maybe the owner really wanted this darker gray but if it was an attempt at matching the Tungsten - then (for me) it calls into question the quality of the repairs in general.

At the asking price, it sure doesn't seem like a bargain.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
color is a bargaining tool for sure. $10K +- for another repaint. but what else?

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
No stripe, no Mac (!!!), no wheel option, no painted caliper. Pretty rare car. Priced pretty reasonably, no?

Very rare indeed. Looks cool without the stripe.

At least, based on the photos, I like it!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Car is NOT tungsten. I have been offered this car many times over the years. Its definitely NOT a stock color."

Shelby:
Since you have some prior experience with/knowledge of this car, do you know why it was repainted? And since it was a repaint, what kind of discount does that apply to the car given the other factors (rarity of options, etc.)?

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
FYI here's a old listing of the same car by a dealer in Texas.

http://www.2040-cars.com/Ford/Ford-GT/rare-no-option-only-4k-miles-andy-1-936-414-2295-99085/

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Paul, your still "out there" I see, ever consider getting another one?

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Yes, I am periodically tempted by no-stripe blue, silver, and tungsten cars.

But not that one.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I'm curious about your avatar. no sonic blue??

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
When the cars were new I had a website, fordgtprices.com, that helped drive the prices down to MSRP quicker than would have otherwise happened.

I bought an 06 blue, no stripes, no options, for MSRP. Pic in my avatar.

For various reasons, I sold it a few months later. Hence the universal "NO" symbol superimposed on my avatar.

I periodically do think about getting another one. (But I still really hate the doors!)

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
For sale in Lufkin, TX. Hmmmm