Americas Supercar Ford GT SAE Event April 5, 2017

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
To All:

TODAY I PURCHASED A TABLE OF TEN (10) seats for FordGTForum Members FOR THIS EVENT.
Of the ten(10), five are already used ....so I have five (5) available.

Background:
Over the past several days we have had a lot of discussion on the Forum regarding this event. In talking to SAE, I was unable to guarantee, with the "open seating tickets", that we could group together or save seats for each other. (sorry Chip).
So I bought a table. I do not know the location of the table as of yet.

I realize that, like me, many of you have already purchased single tickets. But if you have not purchased or if you want to spend another $75.00 , Let me know.. Keep the tickets you have purchased as 'insurance".

Send an email to: andybenedict@att.net
First six get the tix.

The Event:
I was advised that this event will grow to over 1000 attendees !! Details are on the link Raj sent to us or you can check the SAE Site.
So, it will be a bit of a zoo... but fun !
Even if we cannot all be at the same table, we will at least have this one table as a 'location' to meet up before or after the event rather than not connecting at all.
The table will be listed as "BENEDICT CONSULTING LLC." I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be an acceptable location.

I will add info to this thread as time goes by.

andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I already bought tix.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Please keep a spot for Indy GT.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
When and where?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Ron...
Wednesday April 5, 2017
COBO Hall Detroit
SAE World Congress
5:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Title : America's Supercar - Ford GT

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Thanks Andy, that was a very nice gesture to step-up and buy a table.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Please keep a spot for Indy GT.

Andy, I am in. Will pay you in Detroit or send me a PM for other arrangements.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's about time you showed up Bill.

Andy, I'll take one.

Thanks,

Paul

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I sent you an email Andy. Thanks for doing this.

Chip

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
It's about time you showed up Bill.

Andy, I'll take one.

Thanks,

Paul

Yea, apologize. I've been told you have been "bashing" me for my absence. I'll try to do better going forward.

Looking forward to seeing you at the SAE meeting next month.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
In for the table group !!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Thanks for the positive feedback guys!! We have filled this table of Ten (10) !

I have confirmations from the following:

1. AJB Andy (me)
2. Cobrar Rex
3. DBK Dave
4. DBK Guest
5. IndyGT Bill
6. Stormcat Brian
7. Chip Beck
8. Sinovac Paul
9. GtGuy Rich
10. Nick Smither

I also noted a few others from the threads who will be there on individual tickets:

--Vince H and Susan
--Frank the Tank
--Enzo Btr
--Specracer Andy

Remember , we will use this table as a 'ground zero' but individual tickets are still available. We should plan to gather as a group at the least at the beginning of the meeting to say hello at this table.

Also , I would be happy to keep this thread updated if others plan to attend with individual tickets. Let me know.
I know some folks "lurk on the forum" ..... who knows maybe a celebrity or two will come over to visit us.....:):)

andy (ajb)

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Wish I could attend but my brother is visiting from Texas that week. Great to see forum representation for event.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I have my ticket squeeze me in please.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
any suggestions for hotel.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
I just spoke to SAE again. The overall event is termed 'WCX-17' .... SAE World Congress Experience 2017.
As of this AM., the Marriot RenCen Hotel is the 'closest in' Hotel and they still have rooms available.
...Downtown Detroit , close to COBO hall.
Remember, this Event, WCX-17 is the week long SAE Congress so rooms will become a premium.

I am also working on possibly tying in another table for those who have purchased individual tickets to be located adjacent to this "Table of 10".
I will keep all posted...

andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think downtown Detroit has some nice hostels.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Andy,

Susan has taken the liberty to contact the event people and has some good news. She used her "Susan Magic" and has convinced them to combine those of us who have purchased individual tickets onto another table or tables as needed. All we need to do is provide them the names for the additional tables providing they have purchased them at the $75.00 cost. I can forward you the email if you wish to continue to take the lead on this or I can provide them the names as long as those that want to do this respond to this thread. Which ever is easiest. I think we should finalize the list by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week so that they have time to make this happen. Right now it looks like we have five people so I don't think filling the remaining 5 will be and issue. Don't ask me how she does these things because I have stopped trying to figure it out and I just go with it.

Vince H

I don't want to speak for anyone but I believe Susan, Mr. & Mrs. Specracer, Enzobtr and myself fills half a table.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Andy,
Thanks very much for your (and DBKs) efforts on this event.
As I communicated to Dave, I have two other individuals who would like to attend as well in addition to my earlier table seat commitment.
Thanks!

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Vince and Susan.. Yes,, I am fully aware. I spoke to SAE this morning . They wanted to confirm that we were truly 'linked' and part of the same group. I asked them to have you call me , but this note will suffice. This will all work out fine. Forward the email so I have for reference.
--I will let you take care of filling this table but please keep the details attached to this thread so that we are co-ordinated. Let me know the "company name" you are using for your table.
--I think you can add CJ428 and Frank the Tank to your list, but they both need to confirm with you.
--I am working with SAE, since we are now 'funding' two tables of people, to hopefully obtain a priority location and make sure they are both next to each other.

thank you,

andy (ajb)