Ahlman Engineering Ohlins Coil-Overs

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Do these affect overall ride height?
Reason I ask, I can just barely get in/out of my driveway without scraping.
For me, might be nice to have at standard OEM height, but still have ability to lower them...?

You can adjust from stock height (like Jeff and Ralphie) to ~1" lower.

Scott

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Hi Scott , I want o get in before the price increase can you add the link to your site so we can find and view the options. Thnaks !! B.

Hi Brian, No problem - www.AhlmanEng.com

Scott

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I believe Ralphie left his at stock ride height.

You can adjust from stock height (like Jeff and Ralphie) to ~1" lower..

Scott

Yes, I wanted mine at stock ride height for traveling across the country with my Goodyears. I lose ~1/2 to 3/4" in ride height when I mount my Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, and I didn't want to go lower than that.

Love the pic, Ralphie, of the RT-1 package vs stock....

Photo credit to Steven (Matech GT1)

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Scott,

Can I put a set on lay away and make monthly payments for a year or two? I'm gutting my house right now, new floors, ceilings, bathrooms, kitchen, deck, furnishings, etc. and am not ready to deal with car mods at the moment although I'd like a set.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Scott,

Can I put a set on lay away and make monthly payments for a year or two? I'm gutting my house right now, new floors, ceilings, bathrooms, kitchen, deck, furnishings, etc. and am not ready to deal with car mods at the moment although I'd like a set.

Ha! We just sold our CO house and are going to take a sledgehammer and jackhammer to our Las Vegas kitchen! We already did the pool, etc. but it's time to ditch the $200 fridge we had in the CO garage for something that has a water dispenser :)

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
This is spot on advise. I bought mine before any signs of trouble with my OEM's and realized that I got one of the most noticeable upgrade improvements I could have ever done. Big difference.

Vince H

Good to hear Vince.
Can you explain the difference in ride, comfort, handling, etc.?
I probably will need to make a change in the near future.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
You can do anything, I didnt want to go the full 1" so did 1/2" to not give up the ride clearance.

You can adjust from stock height (like Jeff and Ralphie) to ~1" lower.

Scott

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ha! We just sold our CO house and are going to take a sledgehammer and jackhammer to our Las Vegas kitchen! We already did the pool, etc. but it's time to ditch the $200 fridge we had in the CO garage for something that has a water dispenser :)

That's exactly what I'm doing with my new frig. Finally got tired after many, many years of using an ice tray and water from the sink. Don't know why I waited so long. LOL

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I made up some cool Ahlman Öhlin stickers if anyone wants some. Just PM me your address. No posers please - if you don't have them on your car then you don't want to have the sticker! LOL

Ed

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
I made up some cool Ahlman Öhlin stickers if anyone wants some. Just PM me your address. No posers please - if you don't have them on your car then you don't want to have the sticker! LOL

Ed

Ed: Can you bring one to the rally for me? Will have them installed by then! Thanks! Eliot

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Better remind me right before the rally Tachy since I'll forget by then. Or just give me your address & I'll send them now. One less thing to remember!

Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Ed
I have the shocks and stickers and am still a poser!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I have the shocks and stickers and am still a poser!

5D3_8305.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Yup - those are Boston legs!

Ed

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Man.....wear long pants.

Howard

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida

Best to have Mandy do all the posing!

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Better remind me right before the rally Tachy since I'll forget by then. Or just give me your address & I'll send them now. One less thing to remember!

Ed

pm sent. thanks!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Looks like a walking billboard for Lime disease.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Looks like a walking billboard for Lime disease.

you are so cruel... funny but cruel !! :lol:lol