Ahlman Engineering Ohlins Coil-Overs

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who has purchased my coil-overs for their Ford GT.

I am posting to give the FGT Forum a heads up that my coil-over pricing will increase 15% on August 1, 2015. Therefore, anyone wanting to purchase them before the price increase should contact me with their order and deposit before August 1.

Delivery timing for planning - it usually takes about 6 weeks from deposit to shipping the product.

Scott

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Fantastic product!! Glad I have them.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Andy-

Did you get the 2 way or 4 way adjustables?

Also, do you know which of the above versions were tested by Mark on his GT?

Thanks!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
2 as I really don't change them. I had Scott set them, and I bolted them on. I figured he has forgotten more about the GT suspension than I will ever know, so he would know how to set them up. I cant remember for sure, but 95% sure they would have worked with the 4 way for testing.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Also, do you know which of the above versions were tested by Mark on his GT?

Thanks!

Hey Rex,

Mark and I tested all four configurations I sell for maximum handling and ride. The four configurations involve springs and damper settings.

The two-way shocks allow low speed adjustment the same as the low speed adjustment on the four-way shocks, but with less clicks (more fine adjustment on the four-way). And then the four-way shocks have high speed adjustment. The RT-1 and RT-2 configurations are only available in four-way. 90% of my sales have been on the SL-1 package, two-way, which is what SpecRacer has on his car.

Scott

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hi guys

What are the typical signs that the oem shocks/springs might be on its way out and should be replaced? From all the accolades from owners on Scott's set up, I'm sure that's what I'll put on my car when time comes.

thx

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Hi guys

What are the typical signs that the oem shocks/springs might be on its way out and should be replaced? From all the accolades from owners on Scott's set up, I'm sure that's what I'll put on my car when time comes.

thx

Fluid leakage around the seals. You'll see dark stains around the tubes.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
They sure are a beautiful work of art in looks and performance........
No affiliation! I don’t even like the guy!
But I am keen on his wife!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
They sure are a beautiful work of art in looks and performance....

I just want to thank Scott for putting forth all of the efforts that significantly improve the handling of our cars!!

Note the difference!

View attachment 38662View attachment 38663

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hi guys

thx

GTED - the time is now. You will be getting them eventually so instead of waiting for the OEMs to die & leak get the Ahlman Ohlins now. Plus you'll save 15%.

Special Ed

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
GTED - the time is now. You will be getting them eventually so instead of waiting for the OEMs to die & leak get the Ahlman Ohlins now. Plus you'll save 15%.

Special Ed

This is spot on advise. I bought mine before any signs of trouble with my OEM's and realized that I got one of the most noticeable upgrade improvements I could have ever done. Big difference.

Vince H

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
My car is heading out to GTG tomorrow, and the Ohlins are going to be installed before R10!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
My car is heading out to GTG tomorrow, and the Ohlins are going to be installed before R10!

:thumbsup :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who has purchased my coil-overs for their Ford GT.

I am posting to give the FGT Forum a heads up that my coil-over pricing will increase 15% on August 1, 2015. Therefore, anyone wanting to purchase them before the price increase should contact me with their order and deposit before August 1.

Delivery timing for planning - it usually takes about 6 weeks from deposit to shipping the product.

Scott

Hi Scott , I want o get in before the price increase can you add the link to your site so we can find and view the options. Thnaks !! B.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Stormy
2 ways are the way to go

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Do these affect overall ride height?
Reason I ask, I can just barely get in/out of my driveway without scraping.
For me, might be nice to have at standard OEM height, but still have ability to lower them...?

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Then you need to install a KW V3 together with the HLS (hydraulic lift system). It allows to adjust the height approx 1 1/2 inch by pressing a button while driving slowly or standing.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Do these affect overall ride height?
Reason I ask, I can just barely get in/out of my driveway without scraping.
For me, might be nice to have at standard OEM height, but still have ability to lower them...?

Yes to everything. You can lower the car or leave at stock height. I believe Ralphie left his at stock ride height.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Stormy
2 ways are the way to go
Yes sir do you have the SL-1 package??

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I just want to thank Scott for putting forth all of the efforts that significantly improve the handling of our cars!!

Note the difference!

Love the pic, Ralphie, of the RT-1 package vs stock. Glad to do it.