A big thanks and a shoutout to a great asset to our community!!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
After 100 miles with the wife for some nice driving (the GT runs flawlessly as always for all these years) BBQ oysters, wine, and long chat with about 25 Harley riders about American pride in our bikes and GT....., I was about a mile from home and decided to fill up the tank before I get home. Got to the gas station, turned off the engine, filled her up, got back in the car, turned the key, but nothing......, no lights on the dash...., pushed the start button...., nothing!! Admittedly, I'm mechanically challenged to the extreme... My thought..., shit the battery is dead!! But, how could it be..., since I religiously hook up the battery conditioner when the car is parked.

So, sitting at the gas station, I called AAA, and while waiting for the AAA guy, I decided to call Shadowman at almost 8pm (feeling bad to trouble him on a Saturday night). After a few ring, just like a Maytagman who can always be depended upon, a friendly voice came over the phone, " hi Ed, how are you?" I proceeded to describe what happened, and Bill asked me a series of questions.. Bill said, it could be the battery, but before we deal with the battery, tell me what you see at the battery terminals..., to which I said they look clean and prestine. Bill, then, said try to loosen up the 10mm bolt where the neg is mounted to the frame of the car, wiggle it and re-tighten. Like a good grasshopper, I did, and holy Batman, voila, lights came on on the dash!! I jumped in the GT, started it up! Shadowman is a great asset to our community for always being helpful and willing to assist, even on a weekend night! Thank you, again, Bill!

GTED

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks Bill (Shadowman), for staying the course and keeping everyone running.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Good story. What's Shadowman's cel # ?
Just kidding, haha

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Excellent story! Bill has helped out a lot of people including myself.
Truly a good guy! Great story

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Same here

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
countless times

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Same here. Bill is the man.

Aug 25, 2006
GTED, you are very welcome.

You remained relaxed taking the awkward situation in stride as we worked through it resulting in you successfully completing your drive with your sweetie. GTED, you did a great job of being my hands from afar.

Thank you and everyone else for the kind words.

I always remain available to help in any way I can.

Takes care

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And I thought I was the only guy who carried a 10mm in the car. Good thing you had it with you. Good to have the "Takes Care" man on our side.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
And I thought I was the only guy who carried a 10mm in the car. Good thing you had it with you. Good to have the "Takes Care" man on our side.

Like this? It even has red on the grips.

Colt_Delta_Elite_with_10mm_Auto_ammunition.jpg

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I have that same 10mm Delta Elite but in stainless - and the same ammo. Just in case.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

But, no attachment slide for a laser ????????????

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Colt_Delta_Elite_with_10mm_Auto_ammunition.jpg

"Black Talon" hollow points? They must be a 'day or two' old! I thought they'd been outlawed years ago.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But, no attachment slide for a laser ????????????

A Crimson Trace laser grip will remedy that...

http://www.crimsontrace.com/products/type/lasergrips

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Whoa, where did you get the black talon ammo? Haven't seen that for years. Sig just started making thier own ammo. Looks good with the V pattern.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
A Crimson Trace laser grip will remedy that...

http://www.crimsontrace.com/products/type/lasergrips

Crimson trace doesn't work with some of the ambidextrous safeties that have a tab that rides under the grip. I happen to have a weird ambidextrous safety on on of my 1911 that doesn't have a tab, but instead uses a extended pin with a slot to retain the right side safety lever. That gun does have a Crimson Trace.

That isn't a photo of my gun or ammo, I only have 1911 in 45ACP.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
"Black Talon" hollow points? They must be a 'day or two' old! I thought they'd been outlawed years ago.

Not sure if it was outlawed, but possibly voluntarily removed from the market in 1993, and then discontinued around 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Apparently there are similar designs currently available.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
One example of marketing being too "good" and not PC for many.