8 GTs in for service

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I posted this in the regional as well. Dropped off my GT today@ Galpin Ford and as I pulled in there were 4 GTs sitting right infront of me. Once I got out of my car and stood up I saw 2 more. With mine there, that made 7 and with one in the bay out back, made a grand total of 8 GTs sitting at Galpin for regular service and minor repair. They are going to check my transaxle bolts and make sure I have the heat treated washers as well as my tranny plug (so I'm told). So hey to you guys out there. Apparently I was the last to get to Galpin today.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I posted this in the regional as well. Dropped off my GT today@ Galpin Ford and as I pulled in there were 4 GTs sitting right infront of me. Once I got out of my car and stood up I saw 2 more. With mine there, that made 7 and with one in the bay out back, made a grand total of 8 GTs sitting at Galpin for regular service and minor repair. They are going to check my transaxle bolts and make sure I have the heat treated washers as well as my tranny plug (so I'm told). So hey to you guys out there. Apparently I was the last to get to Galpin today.

Happy New Year Tim, glad to see you posting again! How is your dad enjoying his GT?

Question, any idea what the GT's where in for at Galpin? Just curious.

Hope to see you soon.

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
You guys should check out their galpin race shop across the street.

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
yeah, it's nice definately check out the starbucks across the street in the jag-you-waaar bldg... why is that? For years its been jag-whar... now it jag-you-blah!!! what's up?

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Happy New Year Tim, glad to see you posting again! How is your dad enjoying his GT?

Question, any idea what the GT's where in for at Galpin? Just curious.

Hope to see you soon.
So I was told minor things like the infamous door panel and oil changes.. Not one was said to be in for "recall" items.... axle bolts...tranny plug etc...

Bony thanks for the greeting back.. Happy new year to you too my friend....

Aug 25, 2006
So I was told minor things like the infamous door panel and oil changes.. Not one was said to be in for "recall" items.... axle bolts...tranny plug etc...

Bony thanks for the greeting back.. Happy new year to you too my friend....

What is the reference to tranny plug?

Thank you

Shadowman

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
What is the reference to tranny plug?

Thank you

Shadowman

I believe that somewhere here in the reading of this forum that it was a similiar problem as to the washers on the transaxle bolts.. That is, that as the tranny fluid gets hot the tranny plug would too and then loosen and eventually you would lose all your fluid and render you and your GT motionless.. I know it has happend to someone here and I know that I got the info off of this thread... Though it was a while ago, my facts could be off.. but only a little:thumbsup

GO's

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 10, 2007
Thousand Oaks
thumping noise

My white/blue gt was just in the shop at Galpin. I was having a thumping noise. Galpin said they tightened the wheels and rotors. The noise is gone so I guess they fixed it. I have about 450 miles so maybe they got loose, but I suspect it was missed at the dealer I bought it from (not Galpin).

Greg

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
My white/blue gt was just in the shop at Galpin. I was having a thumping noise. Galpin said they tightened the wheels and rotors. The noise is gone so I guess they fixed it. I have about 450 miles so maybe they got loose, but I suspect it was missed at the dealer I bought it from (not Galpin).

Greg

Greg,
Here is your car (#1704) in the finished goods inventory at Wixom waiting to be shipped (8/12/06). It's the white/blue under plastic. Enjoy.

RickM

Attachments

• Wixom-1704d.jpg
    Wixom-1704d.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 296
  • Wixom-1704d2.jpg
    Wixom-1704d2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 279

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

I'm "seconding" Bony's comments. Welcome back, anxious to hear about your Dad's impressions! Got both my cars to the dealer in December for the axle bolt kits. Good Luck, hope to see you soon!

Aug 25, 2006
I believe that somewhere here in the reading of this forum that it was a similiar problem as to the washers on the transaxle bolts.. That is, that as the tranny fluid gets hot the tranny plug would too and then loosen and eventually you would lose all your fluid and render you and your GT motionless.. I know it has happend to someone here and I know that I got the info off of this thread... Though it was a while ago, my facts could be off.. but only a little:thumbsup

Thank you very much

Shadowman

GO's

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 10, 2007
Thousand Oaks
thanks for the photo

Greg,
Here is your car (#1704) in the finished goods inventory at Wixom waiting to be shipped (8/12/06). It's the white/blue under plastic. Enjoy.

RickM

Thanks for the photo. Can you tell me more about the picture? Why is mine the only GT in plastic? By the way, how did you know that mine was 1704?

Greg

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Shit...a new QuikDraw...

QuickDraw2....
'06 450

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I'm "seconding" Bony's comments. Welcome back, anxious to hear about your Dad's impressions! Got both my cars to the dealer in December for the axle bolt kits. Good Luck, hope to see you soon!

Thanks for the welcome back... Dad loves the car. He could not believe the response he wass/is getting when he drives it. You guys know.... the cell phone pics.. the conversations at the gas station etc... And of course he loves the performance of it too.

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
Thanks for the photo. Can you tell me more about the picture? Why is mine the only GT in plastic? By the way, how did you know that mine was 1704?

Greg

Greg,
You have 1704 listed in the GT registry.
The picture was taken during our tour of the Wixom facility in August (during the GT Convention). :thumbsup

It's been interesting watching some of the last cars that were in the plant being built while we were there eventually show up at the dealers, on ebay, on the forum, etc.

To date, I've posted the pictures of 2-3 fellow forum member's cars (being built or in the waiting area) that were taken during our August factory tour. (I simply cross-checked the VIN# in the picture with the online GT Registry to see if the owner was a member of this forum.)

I don't know why your car was covered with plastic...several cars were...but I don't know the significance. :confused Maybe someone from Ford can elaborate.

Thanks,
Rick M (05 #2032)

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Plastic covered cars

The reason some of the cars were covered was because they were ready to be shipped to the dealers. After final assembly, the cars were gone over by a clean up guy to remove any dirt or polish residue, and give the car a last look over.

Cars that were not covered had not been cleaned yet.

hope this helps:thumbsup

GO's

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 10, 2007
Thousand Oaks
Thanks for the explanation

The reason some of the cars were covered was because they were ready to be shipped to the dealers. After final assembly, the cars were gone over by a clean up guy to remove any dirt or polish residue, and give the car a last look over.

Cars that were not covered had not been cleaned yet.

hope this helps:thumbsup

That makes sense. I started searching the internet and saw other factory pictures showing many cars covered in plastic. I thought it was strange that all those GT's on the floor and just my Ford was wrapped. It's so cool seeing my GT in the factory where it was made. Thanks again.