50000 miles so far

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
3 minutes or 30 minutes ,its still wonderful!
At the LAS VEGAS rally, a pay for fun girl came up to me and asked if I was horny.I said of course I’m a guy.I than asked her if she was.She said for the right price.I than asked how much? Her response, 500 dollars for a half hour! I looked at her and said no way!Thats 100 dollars a minute !
I couldn’t wait to tell my wife!

Last edited:

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Mmmm.... Vegas.

rdjmp

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2011
DFW Texas
Beer?

In contrast, if you were living/sleeping with a gorgeous model, most of us would ride her a fraction of the time in contrast to being in her company looking at her and admiring her beauty 16 hours a day. You could say minutes with a model is similar to looking at your GT.

Some math...

If you owned the GT for 5 years (24 hours a day) and have put 30000 miles on her with an average speed of 60 mph, then what is the percentage of actual time riding her vs. total time of owning her. I know there is quite a bit of engineers here on the forum. So.... for the first guy to post an answer gets me to buy him a beer.

Plugging those figures into my always-handy iPhone calculator I get about 1.1% driving time.
You are absolutely correct - Looking out into my garage, cruising a backroad or blasting a track I get 100% enjoyment. If the GT would fit through the door it would be in my living room right next to my wife's and my favorite motorcycles.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats on 50,000 Miles!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Got a little over 11K on my first one before the uhh...."incident" :wink......only 100 so far on the new one.....but I have been traveling a bit this summer. I actually drive more in the winter than summer though for some reason. :biggrin :cheers

Ya, but those were some really high speed miles on your GT Skyrex!

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Ya, but those were some really high speed miles on your GT Skyrex!

Ed

Exactly what I was thinking Ed... Lets see, at 11k @ roughly 200mph average... :rofl

I think for all of us - Whatever the numbers are, they are well worth it!:thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Waldo,
You coming to the rally?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Got mine just over a year ago with 4,000 miles, on the way up to Watkins Glen, I turned 10,000 miles, on the way home 10,300 miles. I've enjoyed the car every mile!!!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
CanadaGT Congrats!!!! Way to go Canada!!!
I am just under 13,000 miles up to yesterday having put over 350 miles yesterday alone getting to the track, ON the track (a full tank and a half used on the track), then to a car show and then back home.
Who says these go down in value as the miles go up???!!!!(unlike the red F cars). Ford GTs are like wine, they get better with age/miles!!!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo,
You coming to the rally?
No, I can't make it this year. I'll be wrapped up in a pre-deployment exercise.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
3 minutes or 30 minutes ,its still wonderful!
At the LAS VEGAS rally, a pay for fun girl came up to me and asked if I was horny.I said of course I’m a guy.I than asked her if she was.She said for the right price.I than asked how much? Her response, 500 dollars for a half hour! I looked at her and said no way!Thats 100 dollars a minute !
I couldn’t wait to tell my wife!

:eek:eek:eek:eek

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I have 5000, already exceeded 2011 limit

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I have 5000, already exceeded 2011 limit

We have limits?

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
16 000 plus miles and climbing.. all smiles :banana I guess I need to retire so i can drive more.. Oh shut up Frank !!! :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
16 000 plus miles and climbing.. all smiles :banana I guess I need to retire so i can drive more.. Oh shut up Frank !!! :biggrin

In the last 2 years how many miles have you put on your other FGT on the lift?

I reckon less than EP did on his car.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
In the last 2 years how many miles have you put on your other FGT on the lift?

I reckon less than EP did on his car.

Ok Clinton you got me on that. I have 450 some odd miles on the Red car. It seems to always be apart for R&D and various projects.. :biggrin For the record how many miles did EP actually put on his car ?? I guess they were equally erased by backing up back into his garage .....:lol

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
For the record how many miles did EP actually put on his car ?? I guess they were equally erased by backing up back into his garage .....:lol

I ran my car on the lift in reverse, the odometer still counts forward. Just an electronic pulse sensor; it doesn't care which direction it is turning.