2019 24 Hours of Le Mans

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Ben's got a great history at LeMans in Vipers and now the NFGT. Congratulations to Ben, his entire driver lineup and the whole team!!!

The Forum was, indeed, with you!!!!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Great results! Congrats to all! Looks good for private teams for at least the next 2 yrs! Somewhat like 68/69! History repeating itself! Happy for all forum members and supporters who were there to witness it! (I did in 16 and was incredible experience!”).

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Let me introduce you to the man that Ben Keating vanquished. On a serious note, after the race, Patrick walked up to me, because I was wearing a Ford GT shirt and said “you guys should be really proud of your win and go out and celebrate with champagne.” I had absolutely less than nothing to do with any of this and yet he was beyond class class class class. What a truly awesome human being.
893AA43F-D9F5-4354-93B5-44DC42FD03A2.jpeg

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congratulations Grandpa!
This will be our first in a row due to the timing of the birth of our first grandbaby. I discussed this issue last year and told my kids don't have any kids in June 2019...it was more of a threat. Jovette and I are looking forward to this big time!!!

Reactions: Special K

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Glad to see the GTs do so well, especially Keating. Hope we see him back in a GT soon.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
For the lady’s, Carole Anhalt with Tint World walked up to Patrick Dempsey and said “Hi Patrick, my husband and I are sponsors of the winning Ford GT and he grabbed her and told he to keep being a sponsor, that’s good”. There is something for the lady’s in Racing!

Attachments

• 2F9D14E7-33F5-47BE-A45C-C849E7893795.jpeg
    2F9D14E7-33F5-47BE-A45C-C849E7893795.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 32

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
question...since Ferrari (AFCorsa Team) won in our class...and we were 4,5,6,7,
is the Ferrari vehicle that won based on the 488 Pista ??
andy (ajb)

Yes, based on a 488.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
My view of the guys on the top step of the podium 56161
Amazing achievement for a first attempt in a hotly contested class. I hope this means that we’re going to see more privately entered GTs in the future.

Reactions: THamonGT

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Congrats Keating/Wynn Motorsports! Awesome achievement!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Congratualtins to Keating/Wynn for a truely exciting und unexpected win as a privateer Team. Also Congrats to Ford/Multimatic and Chip Ganassi for the development of the NFGT and the efforts racing them for 4 years.

The 2016 visit to LeMans was one of the Most remarkable events in my life and I hope that it will be remembered comparable the adventures of the GT40 ..

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Sitting outdoors having dinner in Paris with DBK, Peggy, Dave & Roz celebrating #85’s win when Dave got the news that #68 had been disqualified. My first comment was “knowing race officials made 3 very questionable attempts to keep Keating from winning wouldn’t it be something if they did it post race”. And that’s exactly what they did.

Le Mans has a great history, and it use to be a great race that proved something about the cars racing there. But it honestly doesn’t anymore. The best and fastest cars have ballast weight added and horsepower lowered until it's the equal of the worst cars. Le Mans no longer drives automobile innovation, nor does it highlight superior design. With a differen't set of BOP rules for every team instead of one set of rules for every team there are endless ways for favoritism. This didn’t just strip this years GT victory for me, it’s stripped this year's Le Mans itself of any meaning. I’m really depressed about it. Ford Motor Company is finished at Le Mans and perhaps I am too.

Chip

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very well said Chip, I’m so sorry you and all my other dear friends have to be there to learn of this situation! Ben is going through a lot of emotions now but he will be back soon! Safe trip to all coming home!

Reactions: Apollo

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I agree. Total BS.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My friend Daryl Thompson Of Houston sent this to me this morning he’s been working on since during the race! He is also working on a rear end shot of Bens winning Ford GT! More to come! This is a digitally enhanced picture that looks very much like a painting! Many of you have seen my GT as it was the first GT he has ever doneFAA3D19E-2637-4A23-B9F6-B955F2782A0B.jpeg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
It was a pleasure to meet Ben in person and the Wynn team who was kind in every respect to our enthusiast group. So happy so see them win in person. In talking over with a great friend from the forum, we both know in our hearts who the true winner is. Nothing changes that.

I will leave France believing Keating Motorsports as the rightful and impressive winners in their class. They made us all proud.

I am saddened and disturbed by the political post race shenanigans, but I will always remember seeing the #85 Championship team drive to an undeniable and beautiful victory.

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Good summary from Ford Performance. Gonna miss these teams.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
great video recap

JRGoens

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2008
Lincoln, NE

Reactions: KennethClay

DanM

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 31, 2006
Stillwater, MN
Just received this amazing illustration reminding me of the last race for Ford in 2019. It was nice to have Ben Keating‘s car in as well.
6900DE5C-01B4-4A9C-9A13-718574F1AFA2.jpeg

Last edited: