2019 24 Hours of Le Mans

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Wonderful win with memories of prior victories for Ford GTs at LeMans!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Safe travels back to the U.S. for all our Forum friends. Wish I could have been there to celebrate Fords great run at LeMans.

Reactions: Special K

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The Wynn's #85 had a lap lead reduced to almost nothing by a forced (by ACO) pit stop to change the nose bodywork. The CGR guys went to the Keating pits and did the exchange, which is legal. Then they got a stop and go penalty for leaving skid marks in the pits....total BS. Ben also had a spin on cold tires at the Dunlop curves but recovered from that. A win truly deserved!

As for the 4 factory cars, they all ran like clockwork and finished 4-7th. Interview with Tinknell...they had no power off corner and it was difficult to get up to the bumper of the car ahead. BOP'd and safety car'd again.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Those wheels look great! Would be a nice option on the road car to do the center lock wheel from the race car. And the Michelin billboards, too!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The checkered Flag!

Attachments

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Our new forum hero, Wynn/Keating team wins Ls Mans GTE AM!!!

Reactions: canibl

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Ben's got a great history at LeMans in Vipers and now the NFGT. Congratulations to Ben, his entire driver lineup and the whole team!!!

The Forum was, indeed, with you!!!!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
great video recap

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Concusion? Conclusion? Maybe Collusion!!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Great results! Congrats to all! Looks good for private teams for at least the next 2 yrs! Somewhat like 68/69! History repeating itself! Happy for all forum members and supporters who were there to witness it! (I did in 16 and was incredible experience!”).

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Let me introduce you to the man that Ben Keating vanquished. On a serious note, after the race, Patrick walked up to me, because I was wearing a Ford GT shirt and said “you guys should be really proud of your win and go out and celebrate with champagne.” I had absolutely less than nothing to do with any of this and yet he was beyond class class class class. What a truly awesome human being.
893AA43F-D9F5-4354-93B5-44DC42FD03A2.jpeg

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congratulations Grandpa!
This will be our first in a row due to the timing of the birth of our first grandbaby. I discussed this issue last year and told my kids don't have any kids in June 2019...it was more of a threat. Jovette and I are looking forward to this big time!!!

Reactions: Special K

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Glad to see the GTs do so well, especially Keating. Hope we see him back in a GT soon.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Such great pictures and beautiful liveries.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
For the lady’s, Carole Anhalt with Tint World walked up to Patrick Dempsey and said “Hi Patrick, my husband and I are sponsors of the winning Ford GT and he grabbed her and told he to keep being a sponsor, that’s good”. There is something for the lady’s in Racing!

Attachments

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
question...since Ferrari (AFCorsa Team) won in our class...and we were 4,5,6,7,
is the Ferrari vehicle that won based on the 488 Pista ??
andy (ajb)
Yes, based on a 488.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I have notoriously bad luck with airlines losing my luggage (literally more than 50% of the time on both domestic and international flights) so this morning I checked our bags 2.5 hours before our flight out of Phoenix and we allowed a 3 hour layover in Atlanta so there wouldn’t be a problem transferring our bags there. Didn’t help as both of our bags are lost. But we are in Paris. In the 1970’s the first time I came here the people were less friendly and the city was much cleaner. Lately you can see this city deteriorating year by year. Looking forward to heading to Le Mans Thursday morning. Hopefully we’ll have bags by then!! The view from the room is lovely, at least there’s that. Cheers.

Chip

B6AE63FC-202C-4A0E-AC88-AD9CB587C85E.jpeg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
I remember the joke where the guy is at the airline check in counter... I would like this bag sent to Alaska and this one sent to Hawaii. The agent says sir, we can't do that... you are traveling to Paris... I said yes you can, you did it on my last trip without me asking!

Last edited:

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit