2019 24 Hours of Le Mans

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Gentlemen,

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for France, will meet up with DBK on Wednesday, Chris C. will arrive on Thursday. I know several more are on the way or about to depart to see the factory Ford GT team do battle one last time on the circuit that the new GT was built for. After all the speculation, anticipation, and enthusiasm leading up to the new GT and the Ford/Ganassi Team it's hard to believe that on Sunday the four Le Mans efforts will be over and part of racing history. I'm both excited and melancholic on this 4th and final trip to Le Mans. All good things come to an end, so here's to Ford winning this damn thing one more time.

So post up here and let us know if you're going and when you'll get there. And post photos and stories in this thread that we can all enjoy. I'll see you in France!

Chip

View attachment 56011

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Will see everyone on Wednesday at some point. Landing in Paris Wednesday morning.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just got these an hour ago and looks like Ben Keating And his team are ready to go just hope they don’t wear their flop flips during the race!

Attachments

Reactions: canibl

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
My view of the guys on the top step of the podium 56161
Amazing achievement for a first attempt in a hotly contested class. I hope this means that we’re going to see more privately entered GTs in the future.

Reactions: THamonGT

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Again thanks for the great photos. Since I like black, go number 66 car for the win.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Congrats Keating/Wynn Motorsports! Awesome achievement!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I can't wait for the race! Ford to win!

Ed

Reactions: Cobrar

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Congratualtins to Keating/Wynn for a truely exciting und unexpected win as a privateer Team. Also Congrats to Ford/Multimatic and Chip Ganassi for the development of the NFGT and the efforts racing them for 4 years.

The 2016 visit to LeMans was one of the Most remarkable events in my life and I hope that it will be remembered comparable the adventures of the GT40 ..

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
It's going to be good to see you all!!
Safe travels and godspeed they retrieve your luggage if it's lost. The airline misplaced mine last year and I was really concerned It was possible I would never see it again because it took 4 days to get it back. It's easy to replace a pair of 501 jean's, but rally shirts and original GT apparel etc, not so much.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Best looking cars of the field IMO.

Reactions: 93extxdps

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
This will be our first in a row due to the timing of the birth of our first grandbaby. I discussed this issue last year and told my kids don't have any kids in June 2019...it was more of a threat. Jovette and I are looking forward to this big time!!!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Spectacular pictures. Thanks DBK for sharing. I wish I could have been there with you all. Ill be watching from Mexico City and rooting for Ford all the way (y).

Reactions: Vince H

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Nice video from Ford Performance

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
On my way. Storming the beach at Dieppe.F5AE09CF-EEC0-474F-9255-08E61DDF11D2.jpeg

Reactions: THamonGT

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Well, we have no bags so I’ve lost all my Ford Racing gear but LUCKILY there are a lot of clothing stores near by!! I bought all new stuff and I’m ready for Le Mans!!!

Chip

948FABCC-A63C-4A8F-BC71-CE2B5B6FB134.jpeg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
BA6BCB7C-1E34-49C9-B5CF-117D5FC9C088.jpeg
1A7C24B4-EA05-4272-B368-0DF9864456D7.jpeg

Julie hitching a ride.
Not a bad view.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Gentlemen,

Well, we have no bags so I’ve lost all my Ford Racing gear but LUCKILY there are a lot of clothing stores near by!! I bought all new stuff and I’m ready for Le Mans!!!

Chip

View attachment 56042
When I think of Paris I think “Fashion”. From this day forward, Paris and Chip Beck are synonymous with “Fashion”.

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
From Ford Performance:

Spread the word! Our annual Le Mans YouTube LiveStream, featuring in-car cameras in each car, interviews, live chat and more.... coming Saturday at 9 am ET in the US, and 3 pm CET. Link will be live at fordperformance.tv later this week....

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Air France = “Air Chance”. They’ve lost my stuff twice on trips to France. They are good at finding you later on though, even out in the boonies.

Reactions: Special K

DanM

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 31, 2006
Stillwater, MN
Just received this amazing illustration reminding me of the last race for Ford in 2019. It was nice to have Ben Keating‘s car in as well.
6900DE5C-01B4-4A9C-9A13-718574F1AFA2.jpeg

Last edited: