2018 Petit Le Mans Ford GT Owner Hospitality REGISTRATION

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Tickets to this are sold out.

The following are tentatively scheduled to attend. The bottom row should be around quite a bit on Saturday. Michelin will also be sending a representative to discuss tire tech and other related topics. Good time to hammer that it would be very, very nice if there was an OEM-sized Michelin tire for the 2005/2006 cars.

People.jpg

Friday

1:15 PM - Mike Hull, Managing Director Chip Ganassi racing
1:30 PM - Drivers of the #66 Ford GT, Joey Hand, Dirk Mueller, Sebastien Boudrais

Saturday

9:00 AM - Q&A with Mark Rushbrook, Global Director, Ford Performance Motorsports

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Michelin will also be sending a representative to discuss tire tech and other related topics. Good time to hammer that it would be very, very nice if there was an OEM-sized Michelin tire for the 2005/2006 GT's

Yes, and a '4S' or 'SS' type tire for the new GT. :)

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Yes, and a '4S' or 'SS' type tire for the new GT. :)

yes 4S for sure.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks so much to DBK, Chip, FORD and others for putting this sold out forum event together.

Kirk

Last edited:

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Thanks Dave, Chip, FORD and all involved for putting this together.

Dana and I are booked, please add us to the list.

Doug.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I cannot believe I missed this. Not sure how because I check the taptalk often.

Oh well we'll be in the area on our week long bike ride based in northern Atlanta. So if we see some GTs running around we will be the 2 on a Gray and Black Indian beeping and waiving frantically.

My NFGT is being built and my new matching InTech trailer so I won't miss another event.

Have fun and please share pics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Hello.

Wishing everyone a safe trip into Atlanta.

I know we have a ride planned for Thursday. Anyone in town for Wednesday and are there any rides planned?

Thanks

Doug

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Good time to hammer that it would be very, very nice if there was an OEM-sized Michelin tire for the 2005/2006 cars.
I spoke to two Michelin reps for about 45 minutes at Exotics on Cannery Row during Car Week. I pitched them (begged) on the idea of manufacturing OEM size tires for the 2005-2006 GT. I mentioned that many of us use the 345/35/19s on the rear and we would happy to have either size. They listened to my requests and took lots of notes. They stated it was roughly $30,000 for each tire mold but the biggest issue wasn't the mold costs but if they could make a business case for producing the tires. The reps said they were going to bring the information back to Michelin and see if they could make the case. It would be a great time for someone with some actual pull in the auto industry (obviously not me) to move the ball forward.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Looks like we have room for 30 more cars. Lets fill up all the spots!

Thanks for making this happen guys.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks Dave, Chip, FORD and all involved for putting this together.

Gentlemen,

100% of this event was put together by DBK and Ford. As usual I'm a communications assistant to Il Duce. And I'm REALLY looking forward to this event.

Chip

Gentlemen,

100% of this event was put together by DBK and Ford. As usual I'm a communications assistant to Il Duce. And I'm REALLY looking forward to this event.

Chip

YES !! Thanks DBK, FORD and Chip for allowing us to be a part of all this GT excitement !! See ya next week.....

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Good article on the championship race
https://www.imsa.com/news/102018/weathertech-championship-tale-tape-gtlm

How The No. 67 Can Clinch the Title: There are a several possibilities, but the most straightforward scenario is the No. 67 team would take the championship with a race win AND a result of fifth or worse by the No. 3 Corvette. The No. 67 holds the tiebreaker with three victories to none for the No. 3 team.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The hospitality tent will be located between the grandstands and the chalet. It's a small tent. Romantic even. But it will have beer, wine and a race feed. Looks like we are about halfway between the start finish and Turn 1. There's going to be a lot of loud noises. There is a walkover bridge to the infield just beyond the grandstands at the tower. Since it's a long race with a lot of good views from dirt hill and grass seating we got these sweet fold-up carry GT blankets with vinyl bottoms for all. Spectator Hill at Turn 5 is one of the best views in racing.

location.jpg

b2.jpg

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Nice car!! ;-))

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Even nicer BLANKET##!
Andy (ajb)

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
...although it is a beautiful shade of plaid, I am kinda biased and like the car. Now the blanket will come in handy whenever Pikul is around my car.

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Saw them today up close -- very nice!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Can't agree more on spectator hill vantage point Really need to walk around turn 1 through the esses all the way to the other end of the track. Great views and spectacular elevation changes

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Dang. Sorry I have to miss the race and the blanket :(. But love the new ride that arrived yesterday. Looking forward to putting some miles and smiles on soon.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As usual DBK comes thru like a shining star!
Thanks for all you do! As I say.
You are my all time favorite camp counselor!