2013 GT 500 the best yet!

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I hope the painting goes well. Ford really took their time and painted all the pieces off the car, making sure the stripes were tucked underneath where needed or ended well under the plastic pieces. Mine is a convertible but other than that it looks just like yours. I get as many looks in this one as I do in the GT believe it or not. Great choice!
View attachment 27007Well DELEXJB you stole my glory, just took my new GT 500 to shop to get tuxedo black metallic stripes painted on with lots of clear coat. Here is a before shot, will update when completed. Car is awesome and a blast to drive.

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Have over 900 miles on ours now. This thing is a blast to drive!

Even took the mother-in-law for a ride last weekend with top down. She was like a little kid on a carnival ride!

I think the GT is starting to feel left out though, so we'll be trying to squeeze some more time in for her before putting them both away for the winter.

Jeff
It has been raining here in Portland for the last couple of weeks so I have not been able to driver anything in the collection. I put about 1300 miles on mine before I had to put it away but it quickly became one of my favorite cars. Now I just need the sun!

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
That looks gorgeous with the perfectly painted stripes. Cleverly done. Really adds a nice finishing touch.

Thank SYCO...you would not believe the number of people looking at the car that notice the stripes are painted and comment on it.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I need the drivetrain out of one of these for my '67

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I need the drivetrain out of one of these for my '67

That would be cool.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Ordered mine in November, build date is Jan 07, 2013

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Ordered mine in November, build date is Jan 07, 2013

Wow, they're down to quicker turn around times.

It will still feel like forever, but well worth the wait.

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Wow, they're down to quicker turn around times.

It will still feel like forever, but well worth the wait.
Mine was about four and a half months from order to delivery so they have obviously sped the process up.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
Another stock run, this time at Orlando Speed World:
11.380 @ 127.28
timeslip1138.jpg

I also ran a few 11.6's on ~2.0-.1 60's. Trap speeds on several passes were well over 127 mph with a best of 127.47. Tire spin at top of first and second was a problem today.
Running LC7 with 3100 rpm launch and light set at 6900 rpm.

I will start modding this car soon and running silver car up at tracks in New Jersey. I hope to go faster up at Atco or E-town.
S.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
GT500 Ready for Summer

Strip progress in December.

Attachments

• Shelby 1.jpg
    Shelby 1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Shelby 2.jpg
    Shelby 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Shelby 3.jpg
    Shelby 3.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Shelby 4.jpg
    Shelby 4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 147

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
GT500 Stripes Completed

Finally, Picked up 2013 GT500 Grabber Blue no stripes in October got to put a couple hundred miles on it before winter set in. Hauled to paint shop to paint on stripes in December, car was disassembled over the holidays and the stripes painted on, picked it up last Saturday. The Tuxedo Black metallic paint is great with tons of clear coat. Been raining and over cast until yesterday so I finally got some photos in the sunlight.

Attachments

• Shelby 5.jpg
    Shelby 5.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Shelby 6.jpg
    Shelby 6.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Shelby 7.jpg
    Shelby 7.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 318
  • Shelby 8.jpg
    Shelby 8.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Shelby 9.jpg
    Shelby 9.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 280

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
GT500, Last Photos

Last two photos of car.

Attachments

• Shelby 10.jpg
    Shelby 10.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 384
  • Shelby 11.jpg
    Shelby 11.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 298

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Blake,

Absolutely love my GT500. Has 4500 miles with almost 500 of those on the track. On second set of rear tires and took it to the grocery store last night. haha Had a close racer friend of mine drive it wednesday evening for the first time and when he was sideways in second, sort of by accident, he laughed the rest of the drive. He was super impressed with instant power. I am headed to C.O.T.A. two weeks from today. Will drive 6 sessions with it over 3 days. Can not wait for the back stretch. Should be able to hit 170. Had it to 160 at NOLA for Rally 7.

Thugboat

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Would have loved to be able to attend COTA, I posted the sign up on the forum, but have vacation scheduled. Drove the car on cold payment with cold tires, you have to stay on your game at all times.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Strip progress in December.

Thanks for not posting the picture with that "model" posing in front of it. I about dropped my phone the other night when I received that message. No one else needs to see that. :biggrin

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I know that would make a man that worked on a gut wagon vomit! Sory you had to see that.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Blake,

Yeah we owe you for the reminder. Do have issues with the OEM tires when cold. But us Ford GT drivers know about that. lol
Hope to see you next time. The gut feeling in our area is that COTA will honor the few rentals they had booked and paid and shut it down for track days after that.

Larry

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Blake and Jeff, you guys are REAL funny. Your buddy Frank

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Regarding the cold tires. After taking delivery of my 2010 GT500, I read the manual and was shocked to see that Ford said not to drive the car if temperature is below 40 degrees. I expect with the tires on the new ones, the recommended temp may be even higher. I was able to talk to Ford, and it was a CYA statement because the rubber compound hardness goes up below that temp, as does the power which could make for a bad situation. As FGT owners know, be careful when the tires are cold.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Regarding the cold tires. After taking delivery of my 2010 GT500, I read the manual and was shocked to see that Ford said not to drive the car if temperature is below 40 degrees. I expect with the tires on the new ones, the recommended temp may be even higher. I was able to talk to Ford, and it was a CYA statement because the rubber compound hardness goes up below that temp, as does the power which could make for a bad situation. As FGT owners know, be careful when the tires are cold.

I haven't confirmed this yet, but someone on the Shelby site said there is also a warning sticker in the door jamb.

There was also a TSB from Goodyear posted about these tires and temperatures, showing cracking as a result of the low temps. One guy has already had a blow out driving in cold weather. ( not sure of the exact temps.)