2013 GT 500 the best yet!

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I can't add much more than DBK said in his thread. This is the best one by far, and is significantly improved over my 2010 SuperSnake. I can report that it takes 35mph sweepers easily at twice the speed, with little to no body roll while eating up potholes and expansion joints. I love the longer gears, (contrary to the R&T review), and I think the shift throws and linkage are perfect. As far as I am concerned this is the first car that I enjoy driving as much as my GT...in fact I may enjoy this one a little more! The power is incredible and is as quick as anything I have driven. And the rumble...I'm so glad I bought the convertible so I can listen to the exhaust. Fords best yet in my opinion.

Sorry about the crappy pictures but I have been too busy driving it to take some real ones.

[/ATTACH]2012-09-28_Shelby3.jpg2012-09-28_Shelby4.jpg2012-09-28_Shelby.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-09-28_Shelby.jpg
    2012-09-28_Shelby.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 966

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Great color combo. I have the 2013 coupe now (will also have it at the rally with me), but want the convertible and this is the color I want although I would like to have white stripes

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Congratulations on a beautiful car

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Did you have your stripes PAINTED on? They look like paint and your car looks like its at a paint shop, so I figured thats what is going on here. Looks good

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Correct...they are painted by ford. I ordered it as a stripe delete and had ford paint the stripes. I'm not a fan of the stripes but these are under the clearcoat and came out fantastic.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Correct...they are painted by ford. I ordered it as a stripe delete and had ford paint the stripes. I'm not a fan of the stripes but these are under the clearcoat and came out fantastic.

Looks like a great way to do the stripes. Much better than a sticker.

holy grail

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2010
queens
i'm thinking of buying one as well. is there a difference between the 2012 and 13 models?
congrats and enjoy.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Holy Grail

Alot. but mostly the 200 horsepower and great brakes.

Larry

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What option did you use to get painted stripes or was this a special favor? There are some that would like to do that.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
i'm thinking of buying one as well. is there a difference between the 2012 and 13 models?
congrats and enjoy.

Holy Grail

Alot. but mostly the 200 horsepower and great brakes.

Larry
Makes no difference to him, either way it'll be dirty!!!!

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
It was a favor but your local dealer should be able to do it for you. If you are as picky about your cars as I am you need to make sure they have a great painter. Ford did these to exactly match the location of the stickers and removed all the pieces before painting them. This is really a great way to do this if you are like me and don't like the taped stripes.

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
congrats and enjoy.

I would buy the 13 as it has many new parts, not to mention the 5.8 motor and 200 more HP. I have a 10 SuperSnake and this 13 is much better than it even with it's upgrades.

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Looks like a great way to do the stripes. Much better than a sticker.

I agree...in fact my GT is a stripe delete car, as is my 2010 SuperSnake. The snake was more difficult because Shelby refused to do the car without adding the stripes, (it came from Ford as a Stripe Delete Shelby). So when they delivered the car it was painfully apparent the stripes had to be redone. None of the cuts were even, Shelby did not tuck the tape into the body, and also left it longer in some places and shorter in others. So the dealer was going to redo the stripes, and once they had them off I had them buff the paint and not put them back down.

I hate to say this but I have rarely seen a perfect set of taped stripes from the factory.

Delexjb you have a PM.

holy grail

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2010
queens
its called patina.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
Just in case others may not have seen this....stock(including oem tires) 13 GT500 at Atco this past weekend: 11.25 @ 127.9 mph with 1.8 60 time! Smoking:) DA was negative 2200ft though.
Took my bone stock including tires shelby to atco tonight for the test and tune. Forty degrees and clear skies left me hopeful for some good runs. First run I accidentally deep staged. Launched good with a 1.9 and made sure to not miss any gears. Figured with that sixty and a clean run I had an 11.5 or so. Time slip shows an 11.69 at 125. Think the staging and shifting a hundred or two before redline cost me. Came right around to the box again. Turned the Lc up to 3400 from 3200 and staged correctly. Launch was awesome and I made sure not to screw up. Pulled up to the time slip guy and looked down: 11.25@127.9 with a 1.80 sixty foot. Had a smile a mile wide. Don't think I can improve those numbers so I was done for the night. Next stop is drag radials. Time slip will be posted sat hopefully.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
It was a favor but your local dealer should be able to do it for you. If you are as picky about your cars as I am you need to make sure they have a great painter. Ford did these to exactly match the location of the stickers and removed all the pieces before painting them. This is really a great way to do this if you are like me and don't like the taped stripes.

That looks gorgeous with the perfectly painted stripes. Cleverly done. Really adds a nice finishing touch.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
2013 Shelby.jpgWell DELEXJB you stole my glory, just took my new GT 500 to shop to get tuxedo black metallic stripes painted on with lots of clear coat. Here is a before shot, will update when completed. Car is awesome and a blast to drive.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Looking good Blake!!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Have over 900 miles on ours now. This thing is a blast to drive!

Even took the mother-in-law for a ride last weekend with top down. She was like a little kid on a carnival ride!

I think the GT is starting to feel left out though, so we'll be trying to squeeze some more time in for her before putting them both away for the winter.

Jeff