2013 GT 500 the best yet!

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I'm watching too much Food Network.
:lol:lol

Larry it was a tough call between coupe with track pack and convertible. The deciding factor was the 45 year difference between my '69 GT 500 Convert and the new one. Should look sweet sitting side by side - especially once I implement your advice on the exhaust. :thumbsup

shelby.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Larry it was a tough call between coupe with track pack and convertible. The deciding factor was the 45 year difference between my '69 GT 500 Convert and the new one. Should look sweet sitting side by side - especially once I implement your advice on the exhaust. :thumbsup

That is one awesome car there Trent.

The GT500 is surprisingly loud stock. The GT was a loud car overall for the db test because the tires made a lot of noise. The GT500 tires are much quieter, so while the exhaust is much louder, on a meter I don't think the GT500 is much higher.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
DBK, Not 4N

At COTA, agreed there were quite a few race cars, I was voted quietest car down the front straight except for Dave's McClaren and maybe the audi A4. I am working on Dave to get the upgraded exhaust. What was funny is that inside the car I really thought it was loud. I was thinking man this sounds good. Talked to a couple guys in Dallas that have done this upgrade and like it. I removed the mufflers this week to check it out and it will definately sound more like a muscle car. Flowmaster has them on Back Order.
Since High School I have always been about 1. Look good 2. Sound good 3. Go fast in that order. The GT500 handled #1 and #3 now I will work on #2.

Larry