2011 Rally Site

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Do you have a site already picked for the Rally next year? I know it's 12 months away but I have to plan that far out sometimes so I can attend it. I really wanted to make it this time but already had another trip set up. :frown

Last edited by a moderator:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Do you have a sight already picked for the rally next year? I know it's 12 months away but i have to plan that far out sometimes so i can attend it. I really wanted to make it this time but already had another trip set up. :frown

Yeah, I feel your pain. the last few years I have "penciled" it in just to have either business or injury take it off the calendar for me. "Well maybe next year" is a phrase that has started to piss me off. lol

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Perhaps socal?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
My vote is for Road America.

H

HHGT

How about 2 or 3 days along Route 66

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
How about a run on the salt flats?

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
How about 2 or 3 days along Route 66

I like that idea, too!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
Barber is beautiful

Barber Motorsports in Brmingham rivals VIR. It's new, clean, and beautiful. And the museum is a must see.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

A Rally VI site will not be chosen for some time but when that time comes I will be voting for Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. The Millers have the best Ford GT track in the nation according to DBK and they have a couple original Ford GT40s in their museum. I will be flying up there in the near future to check it out.

Chip

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I was flown out there for the one day Spyker show and tell earlier this year. Great track.

I vote we do the Texas Mile again. We had a great turnout and I think it is something ALOT of GT owners liked to do.

Gentlemen,

A Rally VI site will not be chosen for some time but when that time comes I will be voting for Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. The Millers have the best Ford GT track in the nation according to DBK and they have a couple original Ford GT40s in their museum. I will be flying up there in the near future to check it out.

Chip

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Already done CA. East coast, Detroit, Tx...all done.. I am going to guess Florida. I prefer AR, at Shelby's. Just a short drive for me and I'm sure he would love all the GTs.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Drove on Barber Motorsports Park three times, it is a great track for the GT's, beautiful setting, close to east Birmingham and good fall climate. Miller Motorsports Park in Utah would be great but would need to be earlier in the year same for Road America in Wisconsin. Have car will travel!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I would think it would have to be Fla..... (not that helps me out geographically any...) Sebring is rough, but still a lot of fun, Homestead, Moroso (what ever it is called now), the long runway where there was the mile event in April, South beach......

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Drive to Key West would be nice!

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
There are actually two race tracks right here in the mid west, Motorsport park Hastings and Mid america motorplex just south of Omaha.

Hastings has garages and places to stay right on sight. It's equal distance from each coast, Visit The Stratigic air comand museum between Omaha and Lincoln, It's probably even possible to do both race tracks in one weekend.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
RoadAmerica is not a good choice. There is no place to stay. We have investigated this.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Here are a couple of shots of the Ford GT40 room at the miller motor sports park at SAAC 30

bondurantGTforum2.jpg
larrymillerbobbondurantsaac30.jpg

It is about 25 miles west of SLC. Weather in September is excellent. SLC is not Vegas for sure. Decent restaurants, some good hotels. Viper Owners International #11 is being held there Sept 30-October 3 this year at the Grand Hotel. I have a home in Deer Valley Park City area so I am quite familiar with the city and have been to the MMS Park a few times. People are very nice int he area. Spectacular vistas, but it is definitely not Vegas for things to do at night, restaurant choices, etc.

How about Napa and Infineon Race Way - Sears Point was the 1965 venue when the Cobra coupe won the FIA world constructors championship?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
MMS is a beautiful facility. However, at SAAC 30/SVTOA Experience, I thought that the track lacked terrain features, very flat - varies about 3 feet in altitude over the full 4.5 mile course and a few turns are replicated on the full course which can lead to some confusion. More info at http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
RoadAmerica is not a good choice. There is no place to stay. We have investigated this.

What?? One of the finest hotels in the Midwest, the Ostoff, if right down the street! Its four star and plenty large with underground parking. What more could you want?