2005 Ford GT #1456 sold (to Doug DeMuro), 2019 Ford GT Due in January

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
As I mentioned in the marketplace section, I sold my 2005 Ford GT yesterday. If you watch YouTube at all you have probably heard of Doug DeMuro. He's a genuine car guy and successful enough that my 18-year-old daughter knows him (my current yardstick for how young people attribute fame, since I'm old and totally out of touch now...).

I'd expect to see Doug join the Forum shortly and potentially be looking for guidance, though he's less than 100 miles south of me in San Diego and I hope he calls me with any questions. You can see a short (102-second) video I put together from the transaction yesterday, including a quick look back at my 13 years, 31,000 miles in my 2005 Ford GT. http://www.karlbrauer.com

Ford GT Sold to Doug DeMuro.jpg

I've bought and sold at least 40 vehicles, if I include motorcycles, over the past 34 years. Most of them I let go when I was fully ready, with zero regrets at the time or since. But my Ford GT joins an elite group, with my 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T SE (440, Plum Crazy, all original and loaded with options) and my 1990 Honda RC30 (less than 10,000 miles, also all original and unmodified, making it very rare) as the three vehicles I had to let go for financial reasons, not because I wanted to or was ready to wave goodbye.

Karl Brauer's 1970 Dodge Challenger R:T.jpg

Honda-RC30-Driveway.jpg

BUT -- I have locked my order and sent my 50% deposit to Pat Milliken Ford for a 2019 Ford GT, which makes seeing my 2005 GT drive into the sunset with Doug a little easier. Also, I told Doug that, depending on finances and other circumstances, I might be banging on his door to buy that car back in the next few years.

Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Bittersweet I’m sure, but after following Doug for several years, I believe you couldn’t have sold your GT to a better guy! I do hope he joins us here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Very cool! Doug seems like a great guy. I get a kick out of watching his videos, and my 12 year-old son knows them all by heart. Whenever we put gas in our Alfa Romeo 4c spider, we give the little rubber seal on the fuel door a "DeMuro waggle" in tribute to his video review.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have to admit initially I didnt know who he was but recently I have been watching his videos as well. there is something genuine and entertaining about him. He seems to have found a niche in reviewing all different sorts of cars and showing the little odd things about each car. He figured that would be interesting to watch and he was right. Im glad he got your 05 GT it only means he knows cars very well and has good taste.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Doug came to Scarsdale to do a video on the Focus ST, featuring a car owned my a friend of my son (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgyAPbw0_7M). Good guy, and I'm sure he'll do some more video of our fantastic 2005-06 cars! Glad the car is going to someone who will really appreciate it!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Tomy, myself, Enzo Btr & others had to sell our '05-06 cars to be able to afford the NGTs. Like Enzo Btr I sold to a good guy who wanted a high mileage car since he wants to drive it a lot. To be able to follow the continuing adventures of our cars is so cool. I may buy another high mile '05-06 someday. It is all good!

Ed

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
It’s funny when you think of it Ed. I bet all of us thought we’d NEVER sell our GTs. When we finally did, it was only because Ford went back and built another one. I think that counts for some level of brand loyalty, right?

Tomy, myself, Enzo Btr & others had to sell our '05-06 cars to be able to afford the NGTs. Like Enzo Btr I sold to a good guy who wanted a high mileage car since he wants to drive it a lot. To be able to follow the continuing adventures of our cars is so cool. I may buy another high mile '05-06 someday. It is all good!

Ed

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I love Doug's videos. He's a good guy. Wish he were still here in Atlanta.

Glad to see you keeping it in the Cox Automotive family

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats Doug!

Glad you kept the RC30.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
RC 30 what? I once owned an RC30, RC45, and RC51 all at the same time. All have been sold.... Regrets.

Also, good choice buying your NGT from Kevin. Best service ever!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I really Like Doug Demuro. Partly because he is a genuine fan of the GT.

Congratulations to both, I hope he joins the forum.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If Doug joins the forum, he will definitely find a lot of quirks.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I still think the 05/06 GT is the coolest and most reliable supercar on the road. He bought a true legend. I think once the NFGT are all bought the GT' with jump to 350k range. Bad to the bone, bulletproof 1000HP capable and so good looking you cant go 1/4 mile without getting 50 thumbs up.

Congrats on both ends.

Your 2019 will be awesome as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It’s funny when you think of it Ed. I bet all of us thought we’d NEVER sell our GTs. When we finally did, it was only because Ford went back and built another one. I think that counts for some level of brand loyalty, right?

I definitely had no intention of selling until the NGT came out. It's so cool to those who can keep both but, old or new, the GT is one amazing car!

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
[video=youtube;xJUOKi-pdbk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJUOKi-pdbk[/video]

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Great video. Doug is a good guy.

Ed

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Doug,

When I think of all the things about this car that are "Ford", it makes me proud that the car is American and made by the company I have been a loyal fan of for 40+ years.

It doesn't embarrass me (and shouldn't you) that the wiper stalk is common with other Ford cars. These cars speak for themselves. Be a humble owner, but be proud.

FGT's rock. :usa

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
what was most surprising about his assessment was that the seats were uncomfortable? I think perhaps he just had to find something negative to say about the car so people dont accuse him of being biased. I suppose he could have said something about the gas milage but honestly even thats not really bad either.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
To me, Doug alternates between being annoying for the sake of annoyance and entertaining for the sake of entertainment. That said, he does seem like a genuine fan of the GT and I am supremely happy for him! He's earned it. His GT already has a storied past, I remember reading all of Karl's post back in the Edmund's days.

Wheels sticky side down Doug, no traction control!

Enjoy in good health sir!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I too am surprised by the seat comments. I think the seats LOOK very uncomfortable. But Ford did a great job of capturing the 1960s design without hurting comfort. The surface area of the seats still provides sufficient and even support. As someone who drove my GT from Los Angeles to Denver and back, without stopping for more than gas both directions, I never had an issue. Same for my recent non-stop from Los Angeles to SLC and back for the NFGT press launch. Car is very comfortable on the open road for long distances.

I will miss that among many other things.

To me, Doug alternates between being annoying for the sake of annoyance and entertaining for the sake of entertainment. That said, he does seem like a genuine fan of the GT and I am supremely happy for him! He's earned it. His GT already has a storied past, I remember reading all of Karl's post back in the Edmund's days.

Wheels sticky side down Doug, no traction control!

Enjoy in good health sir!