GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Brad, Sebastian, I wonder how many other drivers will put their cars up for sale. I think there might have been 1-2 already just this past year. Too bad these drivers don't put miles on their cars because I believe they would actually be worth more.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
One of the many problems with the wimpy new breed of drivers. Some old school NASCAR I know some still have their 05s -06s. May be reflective of today’s driver salaries

Last edited:

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Sad when so many of us were denied.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
A shame it was a heritage. I am sure there were real GT enthusiasts who would of liked that allocation and kept it!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Another great choice for a very Rare Car by Too many people choosing who would get one! Ridiculous! I know a lot of people more desirable of this vehicle'

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And Ganassi (not a driver, but relavent in the racing effort)

Brad, Sebastian, I wonder how many other drivers will put their cars up for sale.

We were denied this, and we wanted it badly.

I am sure there were real GT enthusiasts who would of liked that allocation and kept it!

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida

Hand too

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

We were denied this, and we wanted it badly.
you can sell yours and buy it!LOL

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sébastien Bourdais, Joey Hand & others have their GTs for sale currently. When I asked one of them why they aren't interested in driving their GT: "I drive fast cars for a living. The last thing I want to do is drive one when I'm at home." However, some racers like Lewis Hamilton can't get enough of cars & have large collections that they drive frequently.

Ed

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Sébastien Bourdais, Joey Hand & others have their GTs for sale currently. When I asked one of them why they aren't interested in driving their GT: "I drive fast cars for a living. The last thing I want to do is drive one when I'm at home." However, some racers like Lewis Hamilton can't get enough of cars & have large collections that they drive frequently.

Ed

Not to mention...... All the BENJAMINS!!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI

Ed

Sorry, I'm not buying it. So they like driving slow cars when they are not racing? LOL You can drive the GT at legal speed if you desire.
Ask them what they "like" to drive on the street?

E-Man

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2020
USA
Nice going Ford.

-A guy denied an allocation

Reactions: Johntpr

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'd say there pissed about the program ending.Kinda like rubbing salt in the wound for them

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sorry, I'm not buying it. So they like driving slow cars when they are not racing? LOL You can drive the GT at legal speed if you desire.
Ask them what they "like" to drive on the street?
Joey drives beat up old SUVs. Anything to tow his & his son's karts. He's all about the karts. Cars - that's his job.

Ed

Reactions: KennethClay

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
it is just about making a "big $$sack of money" in a short time....
andy (ajb)

Reactions: Iconic GT

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It is super funny to me that people have opinions to offer on whether or not guys who literally risk death on behalf of Ford should be sold cars by that company, and what they should do with those cars. Everybody saw what happened to Ryan Newman yes? Remember what the Ford GT looked like after Stefan Mücke crashed at Spa? How about Seb when he crashed at Indy and it was so terrifying people thought he might be dead? I’d say unless you’re willing to strap in weekly and risk a fiery death with a blue oval on the hood for the public’s entertainment, maybe chill.

And It’s absolutely true that a lot of these guys aren’t motivated by road cars. Bourdais’ only other car is a Hyundai.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Just sayin...if you're willing to endure this, you earn some leeway in my opinion. Realistically, what do many of these drivers get paid? I read once in Racer that Sebastien Bourdais was estimated to earn base pay of $500k a year in IndyCar. He's won the 24 Hours of Le Mans and Rolex 24, won many ChampCar and IndyCar races, raced in Formula One, ALMS, etc. If THAT guy makes $500k, which is a lot less than a great deal of people on this site, what do you really think guys like Dirk and Joey got paid? Personally I think they should literally have just given the car to Joey, Dirk and Seb for free, and that's before I even get into what happened to all these guys' racing careers with the slow-motion deflation of the GT race program.

Obviously Nascar guys can make a lot more money than Sportscar drivers.

Either way, not many people do work that periodically leaves you with a pit in your stomach waiting to see if they survived. For the record, basically everyone that ever drove the GT in competition got an allocation. Hand, Bourdais, Mueller, Westbrook, Briscoe, Dixon, Tincknell, Priaulx, Pla, Mucke, Johnson, Kanaan, Derani. I'm sure many of them will be sold and I hope those dudes get a nice bonus out of it.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
It is super funny to me that people have opinions to offer on whether or not guys who literally risk death on behalf of Ford should be sold cars by that company, and what they should do with those cars. Everybody saw what happened to Ryan Newman yes? Remember what the Ford GT looked like after Stefan Mücke crashed at Spa? How about Seb when he crashed at Indy and it was so terrifying people thought he might be dead? I’d say unless you’re willing to strap in weekly and risk a fiery death with a blue oval on the hood for the public’s entertainment, maybe chill.

And It’s absolutely true that a lot of these guys aren’t motivated by road cars. Bourdais’ only other car is a Hyundai.
Agree completely

Reactions: Awsum GT and JWZ

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I was watching the race on TV when Joey flew his BMW, and I have never forgotten that image.