05 vs 06

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
The 05's are slightly less $$$ but do they have issues compared to 06's, each in the 10-15k mile range?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
None, same cars (ignoring SUPER early handful of cars). Only minor differences, some giving the nod to 05 (rad screen up front, billet control arms), 06 has heritage paint, and clam shell springs. Search will give you the other differences, not coming to my mind.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Virtually same car. Very minor, mostly cosmetic differences but from a drivetrain and reliability perspective, I'd call them identical.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Splitting hairs...……..
2005 Vin 1,000 to end of 2005 WERE the best cars overall quality fit and finish with the ORIGINAL build team.
2006 carry over the same but finish started to fall off with the project ending and PINK SLIPS coming.
06 plus, generic control arms , less drama as early 05 .
Its really a toss up. Theres not one car you say STAY AWAY as we drove 2005 / vin 360 around the world almost......
13,000 plus miles in in 40 days driving .
They are all bullet proof.
IMHO, If your driving and mean driving 5 10 20,000 miles a year get an early 2006, The parts are all generic at that point.
Drive on baby!
gtjoey1314

Reactions: Iconic GT

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Kind of what I was thinking.
Thanks

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
SOME '05's have;

-'band-aids' on rear clamshell
-if I recall properly, some had a different carbon fiber skeleton for the clamshell - (this I need to verify)
-sleeved engines
-aluminum door trim required improved fasteners
-billet aluminum 'A' arms
-most '05's have front radiator screen, whereas '06's do not.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Pre production prototypes had a CF weave, vs the "chopped" look of production cars. Dont think any production cars have anything other than the "chopped" appearance.

-if I recall properly, some had a different carbon fiber skeleton for the clamshell - (this I need to verify)

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Kingman , LONG TIME MY FRIEND......What your referring to with the front hood was...
2005 were complicated to process , the inside that you see had a rough or fiberglass black finish raw.
ACR / JOE TAVERNAS company got AWARDED the second batch or 2006 hoods using his process that save 4 steps and save 35%
per hood and gave the inside hood a SMOOTH FINISH...….Another reason if you see a 2005 with a smooth inside trunk that it was hit and replaced.
Like the billet control arms...….acs never remade or Ford the first series hoods....
Another reason if your buying a DRIVER for an early 2006.
Again IMHO vin 1,000 to end of 2005 was the best overall built with the billet arms , front grill and all the rest.
Another memory lane story.....
GTJOEY1314

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
Another memory lane story.....
GTJOEY1314
Thanks for the memories Joey! I don't think I'm going to make it/see you at Amelia this year. But if you get close to Perdido Key, Fl. you are welcome!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Bill want s the XK120 again for the 25th bash....
I think Lance is working on something with DBKand the rest for Ford Carlisle and the 15th for the 05/06 GT.
Maybe I see you either way!
Enjoy

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I found something like these a while ago. "Wire me deposit and I'll ship to you for inspection".
If somebody is bored, have fun.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Both cars marked sold already....

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
They listed yesterday. Wonder what the deal was. Flood cars?

Reactions: Iconic GT

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Cheap and GT together to me sounds like a reason to run away

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Are they a seller (with possession) or just a lister? I'd suspect they were scams posted from nigeria and got caught.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No such thing as a free lunch

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Definitely a scam - clicked on the link yesterday and then today and the seller and address are different from yesterday

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Back in LA until you check the address.

I was scammed last summer by this company out of Houston

I wonder if it's the same group of people.
If anybody knows of ERSGears could you please put a bag of dog crap on their front porch and you know what to do.
Better yet if you know some authorities that might put a stop to these scams, that would be fabulous!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
How did Autodynamics hose you over? They are pretty well thought of here, and they had the car I really wish I had bought.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
How did Autodynamics hose you over? They are pretty well thought of here, and they had the car I really wish I had bought.
Autodynamics did not scam me.
ERSGears did scam me. They were supposed to remake some gears for me. I sent them the gears and $$$. Thankfully I got the gears back but no money.