Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I believe it’s a McLaren Elva.
That is it. McLaren is using the time tested business model of taking a standard production car and changing the body panels to try and justify a ridiculous premium. Lamborghini also has this figured out.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Installed my brand new Power Steering hose as part of pro-active preventative maintenance and also new Mobil 1 full synthetic 15-50W oil and filter by GT Tech aka Ford Assembly Alumni Rich Robak. Old oil looking pretty good, but nothing like fresh honey for my 2006. While the aero under cover and diffuser were off, I took the opportunity to clean them off. Nice to know it's clean under there, even if no one sees it.

Had fun chatting with Rich about all things Ford GT and learning quite a bit about his experiences with the project. Always a joy.

RichGT-0467.jpg

RichGT-0482.jpg

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Shiny! You have a knack for photography (y)

Reactions: steved57

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Extrap, I appreciate the compliment! Most just compliment the camera. And here's a snap of Rich aka Ford GT Tech with my iPhone 11. (Yup it's true, my teenagers have better phones than I do...

IMG_0273.jpg

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Not often we get a day just below 70 degrees at the end of December here in Kansas.
Had to get out, putting on about 115 miles today.

IMG_3044.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Man you're lucky but I think it's headed your way. The Denver area got slammed today with a storm. And there's a western-slope storm that's headed that direction too.

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
HREs mounted.

20221229_103606.jpg

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
What color is your car?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
HREs mounted.

I have the same wheels but in 19” diameter (I love tire sidewall) that I have never mounted. Forgot they look so good. Good motivation to get them mounted and on the car.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I have had the exact same ones since 2014, with the same tyres. Not only has the car become safer, but also even much more pleasant.1672382207835.jpeg

WhippleGT

GT Owner
May 23, 2022
I have had the exact same ones since 2014, with the same tyres. Not only has the car become safer, but also even much more pleasant.View attachment 67342
You have modified your fillercap to the old GT40 style. Looks great. Was the conversion difficult?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I love Michelins but 30% profile tires is a deal breaker for me.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I'm glad so many owners drive their babies. That is why we built them. Just hope everyone has gotten their upgraded power steering hose. Very important thing

Reactions: roketman

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
What color is your car?
Vinyl. Closest I could get to Sonic blue.

I have the same wheels but in 19” diameter (I love tire sidewall) that I have never mounted. Forgot they look so good. Good motivation to get them mounted and on the car.
Solid choice (y)
I have had the exact same ones since 2014, with the same tyres. Not only has the car become safer, but also even much more pleasant.View attachment 67342

I sacrificed a bit of concave for more lip on my setup
20221226_180111.jpg

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
You have modified your fillercap to the old GT40 style. Looks great. Was the conversion difficult?
Good morning WhippleGT.

Fitting the 'Le Mans' style fuel cap requires just a bit of the very exceptional care that we all devote to our wonderful Ford GTs.

I did it, in 2014, for two reasons :

The strongest was purely aesthetic and to recall the era of the mythical GT40s.

The other was practical.
With European gas pumps, filling the tank took an infinite amount of time. Because of the backflow that cut off the distribution, it was almost necessary to put the gasoline drop by drop, which provoked mockery and protests, behind, in the queue.

Attached you will find a sketch I made with the mechanic at the time. I had translated it into English, for a member of my European Club. ( Mesures are in mm. )

As time passed, I can't be more specific, and I lost contact with the mechanic at the time.

The cap itself has an interior key lock, and was from "Finish Line".

The certain thing is that I am totally satisfied with the look and use.

Best regards.

Saint Ho.
1672475029340.jpeg

Reactions: extrap

WhippleGT

GT Owner
May 23, 2022
Good morning WhippleGT.

Fitting the 'Le Mans' style fuel cap requires just a bit of the very exceptional care that we all devote to our wonderful Ford GTs.

I did it, in 2014, for two reasons :

The strongest was purely aesthetic and to recall the era of the mythical GT40s.

The other was practical.
With European gas pumps, filling the tank took an infinite amount of time. Because of the backflow that cut off the distribution, it was almost necessary to put the gasoline drop by drop, which provoked mockery and protests, behind, in the queue.

Attached you will find a sketch I made with the mechanic at the time. I had translated it into English, for a member of my European Club. ( Mesures are in mm. )

As time passed, I can't be more specific, and I lost contact with the mechanic at the time.

The cap itself has an interior key lock, and was from "Finish Line".

The certain thing is that I am totally satisfied with the look and use.

Best regards.

Saint Ho.
View attachment 67345
Good morning Saint Ho
Thank you for the info and the sketch. Indeed filling the tank with the euro-gaspumps is a problem.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Good morning Saint Ho
Thank you for the info and the sketch. Indeed filling the tank with the euro-gaspumps is a problem.
The cap is from a cobra replica.

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
Could you give me the wheel sizes please and possibly include the tyre sizes. Have you lowered your car ? It looks lovely.
I love my factory BBS lightweights ( including the 19inch look), but the availability and cost of the rear tyres is making me think of changing. I have no plans to lower the car, and want to keep as close as possible to the factory wheels look and the HRE wheels look pretty close. I understand they can be bought in 19inch as well. If anyone has a pic of their car with 19 inch silver wheels on it would be very helpful 🙂.
Thanks.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Could you give me the wheel sizes please and possibly include the tyre sizes. Have you lowered your car ? It looks lovely.
Good morning Dudlow, and happy new year.

On my Ford GT 2005, no other intervention, than removing the original BBS wheels, and fixing the new HRE 19 and 20 inches, with adapted bolts.

The superior driving pleasure was immediate.
The decoration of the tires was just for the pleasure of the eye.

The references of my HRE wheels are :
Front : 9 x 19 et 28 S101
Rear : 13 x 20 et 40 S101

For the tires :
Front : Michelin Pilot Super Cup 245 x 35 zr 19 t
Rear : Michelin Pilot Super Cup 345 x 30 zr 20 t

I just sent a « Private message » to you.

Best regards from France.
1672562812385.jpeg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'm glad so many owners drive their babies. That is why we built them. Just hope everyone has gotten their upgraded power steering hose. Very important thing
Yes and yes 60k