Performance modifications

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Have at it! We look forward to hearing about your mods and gains!

As suggested consider that these cars have been around now in private hands just shy of 3 years (April 2017 if I recall) and NO one is going there? The one exception that I recall, that DBK referenced, went no where and has fallen off the face of the earth.

You have been here since 2006 so you must have seen that this group is all about mods, big blowers, twin turbos, both etc!

The new one........ crickets.

Keep us posted on what you choose to do with your car.

Reactions: ScottK

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Have at it! We look forward to hearing about your mods and gains!

As suggested consider that these cars have been around now in private hands just shy of 3 years (April 2017 if I recall) and NO one is going there? The one exception that I recall, that DBK referenced, went no where and has fallen off the face of the earth.

You have been here since 2006 so you must have seen that this group is all about mods, big blowers, twin turbos, both etc!

The new one........ crickets.

Keep us posted on what you choose to do with your car.
Yes, no cats deleted...no one increasing boost 2 pounds...Concerning. Lol Just a coment... A friend of mine is a very respected tuner of everything from GM to Ferrari. I think he told me the nfgt uses bosch ecu and to him easy to work with. I cant imagine Multimatic or ford had to work the engine or drivetrain internals to get 700hp out of the MkII

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We look forward to hearing about how you make out,

Reactions: Ed Sims

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We look forward to hearing about how you make out,

Yup. 😄

Reactions: ScottK and Ed Sims

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
(y):oops:Happy to entertain you!!

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Has anyone weighed their GT? some conflicting numbers out their

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Within 24 hours of receiving the car. 3295 wet, with light delivery fuel load. Car has CF wheels, standard edition (not comp or carbon)

Last edited:

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Within 24 hours of receiving the car. 3295 wet, with light delivery fuel load. Car has CF wheels, standard edition (not comp or carbon)
its actually pretty heavy for carbon tub and a V6, dont you think?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Actually considering the aero features & aero support systems the weight is light. But you knew that.

Ed

Reactions: Sinovac

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This is a flash back discussion from 2017. The car isnt a hero in the light weight dept. Heck by today's standards it isnt even in the super fast category. The hydraulics are heavy (wing, suspension etc.). However its an engaging fun driving experience, that is also visually stimulating.

ScottK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Have 2020 HP numbers been released?

Nope. But the intercoolers are bigger! Sorry for the sideways pic.

1945688E-213A-41B2-BC82-222A2CD68C57.jpeg

Last edited:

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
This is a flash back discussion from 2017. The car isnt a hero in the light weight dept. Heck by today's standards it isnt even in the super fast category. The hydraulics are heavy (wing, suspension etc.). However its an engaging fun driving experience, that is also visually stimulating.
I agree...I guess they did the best they could. I scaled my Saleen S7 TT competition, big car with a wing obviously no hydraulics it weighed under 2900

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Already in Toronto. Tour of Multimatic tomorrow noon. Exciting!!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Nope. But the intercoolers are bigger! Sorry for the sideways pic.

View attachment 58664
Seems they utilize the entire opening now and adds about five or six inches of intercooler at the lower section. That's times two. One on each side....:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottK

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Just call Jason Heffner!
Mark

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
What’s your number? We must be close. I’m L070.
Hi. Just saw my car being built. About halfway done...number 61. Youre coming up soon!!!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Hi. Just saw my car being built. About halfway done...number 61. Youre coming up soon!!!
They said it hits the floor Wednesday, so I’m not far behind! Sh!t$ gettin’ real!! 😎

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
They said it hits the floor Wednesday, so I’m not far behind! Sh!t$ gettin’ real!! 😎
LoL$!!! I know the feeling!...Are you going to the factory tour?

CincyKen

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2013
There will be a "official" announcement from Ford on the 2020 hp.
That is all that I know for now. We did the tour of Multimatic with Pearce and we loved every minute of it. If your trying to decide if you really want to go or not............ GO! It is well worth it. I wish I could go back and see what I missed the first time.
I have L0042 with delivery date around the first week in February. I used the extended palette paint. Im one of the older guys (71) on here. I come from a race oriented back round so my GT will reflect it. The GT will stay at Northgate Ford in Cincinnati for a month or so. I hope it generates a lot of traffic for them. They were instrumental in helping us raise over a $1,000,000 the last 2 years for the Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Cincinnati. They allowed us to display my Ford GT race car and the Teal colored Hot Rod Thunderbird that we auctioned off with every penny going to the Ovarian Cancer Alliance. Wonderful people there.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
LoL$!!! I know the feeling!...Are you going to the factory tour?
Yep, on the 26th.