Belt harnesses for new GT

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Click to open for info on new GT racing harnesses and order forms.

Attachments

• GTharnesses.pdf
    169.5 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: DakotaGT

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sounds like a great option. Really appreciate the effort from you, BigInch, and Stormcat! Thank you.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Should be getting my set in a couple weeks. This is a very cost efficient alternative for a first class safety harness system. As a track junkie, no matter what set up you have I can’t say enough about the importance of a HANS device on the track.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Agreed!!! I have a Hans that I use with harnesses.

What a lot of people dont know, it there is also a head restraint system that is available for use with "normal" 3 point OEM belts. Simpson Hybrid. I have one of these also when the car doesn't have a harness.

I can’t say enough about the importance of a HANS device on the track.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Is there a picture of them installed?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Anxiously waiting on my set, I put a rush order on them because I need them in time for next week’s Big Bend Open Road Race. Will post pics when they’re in

Frank and Blake did a great job organising this!

Reactions: Ed Sims

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I am on my way out of town will post in a couple days unless Stormkitty has the inclination. He seems to be MIA.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What a lot of people dont know, it there is also a head restraint system that is available for use with "normal" 3 point OEM belts. Simpson Hybrid. I have one of these also when the car doesn't have a harness.

There is a Hybrid S, Hybrid Pro & a Hybrid Sport. Is one better than the other?

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If I recall the "S" is specific for 3 point belts.

There is a Hybrid S, Hybrid Pro & a Hybrid Sport. Is one better than the other?

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Is there a reason other than cost for not buying the Sparco belts?

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Should be getting my set in a couple weeks. This is a very cost efficient alternative for a first class safety harness system. As a track junkie, no matter what set up you have I can’t say enough about the importance of a HANS device on the track.

Big Inch is right. This is especially important if one is fully restrained with a racing harness with extra weight/helmet on ones head. A flexion cervical spine injury is devastating and typically results in quadriplegia. Attached is an animation of the mechanism of injury.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
That's a pretty sobering video!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Is there a reason other than cost for not buying the Sparco belts?

I think cost is one reason and the ease of removing the lap belts when not needed is another. These can also be somewhat customized. The cam locking devise is easer to use than others.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Talked with SA Belt yesterday and mine are on their way from Italy, should reach me on Saturday. I ordered mine with the non-slip section for the HANS. In my case the reason for not going Sparco was timing, but I’ve heard from a couple of guys that the Sparco belts (depending on your size) are difficult to cinch up because of their stiched-on logo location.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
SpecRacer, I do not have my service CD yet. Can you look up the torque value for the side bolts on the seat back. Thanks.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
SpecRacer, I do not have my service CD yet. Can you look up the torque value for the side bolts on the seat back. Thanks.

Attachments

• idont-always-cross-thread-bolts-but-when-ddo-run-that-31859572.png
    idont-always-cross-thread-bolts-but-when-ddo-run-that-31859572.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 10

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Mine had yellow paint marks so I just tightened them back to where they were

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Put both sets in yesterday. First side took a couple of hours while I figured things out but the other side was done be in45 minutes. You’ll need a 13 mm wrench for all the bolts, a 6mm hex head for the harness brackets, and a T32(?) for the seatbelt bolts. Easy-peasy554235542455425

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Total mystery why multiple images were inserted

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Mine will be in today. Will post installation photos.