Application for New GT's Coming in November???

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Thank you for the excellent explanation and prospective Dave as you are our Master Jedi. This does give me some hope and I will be ready to click away again on the 8th at 6am. May the force be with us all. I can wait to be in the stressful state of picking my color and options. Been a while since I have been on the Forum and its nice to see the gang is all there. Thanks again champ

BTW what do you guys think of that new SuperFormance Future GT which is at SEMA? Its looks like a hell of fun car...

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
That is good to know, Dave. Thank you for the clarification!
Ed

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Pretty sure Dave went through that long explanation just to use the word, "transmogrified".

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
The poetic justice in this gives me a smile. A really, really big smile.

Yes!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Guys those of you getting letters, are you part of the group that rec'd the wait and see letter or brand new acceptance letters? Just wondering.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Guys those of you getting letters, are you part of the group that rec'd the wait and see letter or brand new acceptance letters? Just wondering.

"Waitlist" was a semantic distinction for the ~3rd year list. Everyone that originally received a "waitlist" notification will have long ago received an allocation notification. Anyone getting the e-mail to reapply now received the deferral letter the first time.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Pretty sure Dave went through that long explanation just to use the word, "transmogrified".

I was impressed by "grouse" until I got to "transmogrified"

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
thanks Dave for the input on the selection process and also for putting up with all of us. We get a bit crazy thinking we have a second chance at the NFGT.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Poor Dave puts up with far more than I would. :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Prank? Whatever do you mean? April 1st is in the time frame. Do you have a car yet? Vince went to Canada thinking he had a real appointment. They held his wife at the border. Prank?

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I was impressed by "grouse" until I got to "transmogrified"

I bet that is a word that is not politically appropriate (Correct) PC now!!! :)

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
You guys are lucky the date to know the results isn’t April 1 or dr frank and Blake would be having a field day. As it is I bet they will prank one of you for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got me, hook line and sinker...
But there is a real red heritage FGT in my garage now.
Time slowly heals all wounds.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Thanks for this input. Glad that Ford is favoring current owners of 05/06 Ford GTs, they could have gone a total different route and we really appreciate this.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
1 - Yes. It will reappear on the 8th.

2 - I would like to take this opportunity to attempt to stab this notion in the heart for good, at least here. The social media thing is the most persistent but verifiably false perception about the car and I see it constantly.

As a matter of record 69% of the first ~750 cars went to people on the basis of being part of one group: 05/06 Ford GT owners. Beyond that, a number of additional Ford GT owners got cars on the basis of other criteria (supplier, dealer, technical partner, fleet customer etc) and didn't even count against number. The vast majority of 17+ cars have thus far gone to 05/06 owners, just as promised.

Out of the remaining cars, the majority went to those dealers, suppliers, motorsports & technical partners, motorsports drivers, fleet customers, etc. It was not videos or social media that got these people allocations. 87% of the allocations went to people that were Ford owners of some kind.

So the starting point for the allocations of about 70 out of 100 cars was "owns an 05/06 GT." I think it would be charitable to say 1-2 out of 100 cars went to people for being big on social media. But which one do you hear about all the time? Definitely the latter, which is insane based on the facts. Point here is that the social media/videos thing was wildly overblown, and is a persistent reason for people to grouse despite being factually incorrect. If people were told in 2015 at launch that 70% of the cars were going to people purely on the basis of being GT owners, and at MSRP, everyone would have been supremely thrilled and not cared who the rest went to. A handful of social media people (literally, like a single digit number out of 750) getting allocations has transmogrified into "they only gave cars to YouTubers."

If people really feel like they can make a nice video that will somehow differentiate, have at it. But it is and was optional, and you can see the relevance (or near total lack thereof) in the above breakdown. Social media mattered for the tiny amount of people who received allocations out of the "social media bucket."

There is good news on multiple fronts though. I know they hope to get even deeper into the well of GT enthusiasts with the remaining cars, and a lot of dudes went ballistic after the first round so you can write them off as competition! :lol
thanks for this info Dave.i received the email yesterday and heres hoping I have a shot as I really love the car and would love to have one.Best of luck to all members.Joe

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
1 - Yes. It will reappear on the 8th.

2 - I would like to take this opportunity to attempt to stab this notion in the heart for good, at least here. The social media thing is the most persistent but verifiably false perception about the car and I see it constantly.

As a matter of record 69% of the first ~750 cars went to people on the basis of being part of one group: 05/06 Ford GT owners. Beyond that, a number of additional Ford GT owners got cars on the basis of other criteria (supplier, dealer, technical partner, fleet customer etc) and didn't even count against number. The vast majority of 17+ cars have thus far gone to 05/06 owners, just as promised.

Out of the remaining cars, the majority went to those dealers, suppliers, motorsports & technical partners, motorsports drivers, fleet customers, etc. It was not videos or social media that got these people allocations. 87% of the allocations went to people that were Ford owners of some kind.

So the starting point for the allocations of about 70 out of 100 cars was "owns an 05/06 GT." I think it would be charitable to say 1-2 out of 100 cars went to people for being big on social media. But which one do you hear about all the time? Definitely the latter, which is insane based on the facts. Point here is that the social media/videos thing was wildly overblown, and is a persistent reason for people to grouse despite being factually incorrect. If people were told in 2015 at launch that 70% of the cars were going to people purely on the basis of being GT owners, and at MSRP, everyone would have been supremely thrilled and not cared who the rest went to. A handful of social media people (literally, like a single digit number out of 750) getting allocations has transmogrified into "they only gave cars to YouTubers."

If people really feel like they can make a nice video that will somehow differentiate, have at it. But it is and was optional, and you can see the relevance (or near total lack thereof) in the above breakdown. Social media mattered for the tiny amount of people who received allocations out of the "social media bucket."

There is good news on multiple fronts though. I know they hope to get even deeper into the well of GT enthusiasts with the remaining cars, and a lot of dudes went ballistic after the first round so you can write them off as competition! :lol

Sooooo... Does Jay Leno count under the "current GT owner" category, or the "Social Media" category? :wink

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Good luck guys !!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Sooooo... Does Jay Leno count under the "current GT owner" category, or the "Social Media" category? :wink

Yes

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Good Luck To All My Ford GT Forum Friends! I just wish every member could own the ultimate beauty!

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
I've wanted one since I got my " no letter" the first time. I feel like a kid in a candy store again. Good luck to all the 2nd timers.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Just think how big the rally is going to be soon. So many old forum guys with NFGT's and many new forum guys with OFGT's :)

Amazing wife....in GT detail training camp...K020 coming soon
6caebc065f3c84662f73963cbd5a73f7.jpg

Last edited: