dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I love the earth!

I also love this.

“I always move my desk to wherever — I don’t really have a desk actually — I move myself to wherever the biggest problem is in Tesla,” Musk explained. “I really believe that one should lead from the front lines, and that’s why I’m here.”

The pressure had clearly taken a toll on his mental health. Rating what he himself has described as “production hell” on a scale of one to nine, where “level nine is the worst,” Musk admitted that he’d struggled to persevere through the difficulties.

“I was really depressed about three or four weeks ago when I realized that we were kind of in level nine,” Musk said. “Then we got to level eight, and now I can see sort of a clear path to sunshine. And so I feel really pretty optimistic right now. But if you’d talked to me three weeks ago, I would have been quite pessimistic, and I was sort of quite down in the dumps.”

Still, Musk acknowledged that he’d expected to have made more progress already, and “be more like in level seven by now.”

This kind of insane, vague, narcissistic “me, myself and I” cult-of-personality bullshit is what really kills me. Oh, geez, I’m sorry Elon, was losing $600 million of other people’s money and completely blowing all your nonsensical targets hard on you? You had to move your desk? Man, that’s terrible. Imagine if the CEO of any company ran by adults that wasn’t selling unicorn farts came out and told everyone how tough it was on HIM while running a crematorium for other people’s money.

At least they are almost at Level 7. Level 9 is not good. “Level 8 heading towards Level 7” is usually the first section I look for in SEC filings.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I believe in bureauspeak, 7 is the point at which you announce success.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ending the enabling subsidies?:

The House tax bill is reported by Bloomberg to include an immediate repeal of the $7,500 per electric vehicle tax credit.

The current EV tax credit was already limited to 200K vehicles per manufacturer, although "half" credits were to be applied to new buyers for another two quarters of EV sales and 25% for six months.

The official language of the House tax bill isn't known yet.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"The current EV tax credit was already limited to 200K vehicles per manufacturer, although "half" credits were to be applied to new buyers for another two quarters of EV sales and 25% for six months."

Yup: http://www.businessinsider.com/gop-tax-bill-kills-ev-credit-bad-news-tesla-2017-11

BTW: TSLA <$21 @ $300 presently.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I love the earth!

I also love this.

This kind of insane, vague, narcissistic “me, myself and I” cult-of-personality bullshit is what really kills me. Oh, geez, I’m sorry Elon, was losing $600 million of other people’s money and completely blowing all your nonsensical targets hard on you? You had to move your desk? Man, that’s terrible. Imagine if the CEO of any company ran by adults that wasn’t selling unicorn farts came out and told everyone how tough it was on HIM while running a crematorium for other people’s money.

At least they are almost at Level 7. Level 9 is not good. “Level 8 heading towards Level 7” is usually the first section I look for in SEC filings.

:lol

I see you don't like Kool Aid.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Cash burn of $1.5 billion last quarter, down to $3.5 billion cash on hand. Rumors are swirling that some of the Model 3's are being assembled by hand due to production problems.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It ain't a rumor. Look at this disaster! :lol

DNuLEyrVAAIRnaX.jpg:large

That is some of the funniest shit I have seen in a long time.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It ain't a rumor. Look at this disaster! :lol

That is some of the funniest shit I have seen in a long time.

Looks great. Perhaps Tesla can position the Model 3 in the marketplace as a piece of surrealist art.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Ouch, that really hurts.

Especially if you know how many many hours during design/engineering is spent into getting this as perfect as possible.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
a

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Schadenfreude--tsk, tsk...

At least the Model 3 is technically feasible, just not at Musk's proclaimed price point. But the Hyperloop is complete fantasy.

The price of TSLA is still above $300. Now it's time to short.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Deleted

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Unexpected very bold numbers

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/16/tesla-unveils-the-new-roadster/?utm_source=tcfbpage&sr_share=facebook

Interesting times for car enthusiasts :driving::driving::driving:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
630 mile range?

Sounds optimistic if you are laying down those acceleration numbers. Would be a game changer if true.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Double size battery compared to model S, but of course you won‘t reach that when going 250mph since the wind resistance goes up drastically.

They just need some of Fiskers batteries, if you could charge that car in less than 5 minutes, it would be perfect.

Now they just need a sustainable business plan and a working production plan :wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Unexpected very bold numbers

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/16/tesla-unveils-the-new-roadster/?utm_source=tcfbpage&sr_share=facebook

Interesting times for car enthusiasts :driving::driving::driving:

"Tesla was also giving rides to anyone at the event who put down a $50,000 deposit on a purchase for when it’s available – without knowing the full price. And more than a few avid Tesla fans were taking them up on that offer, too."

It would appear, given Tesla's money & production woes, etc., those who have chosen / may choose to take Tesla up on this offer would have to be, at a minimum, 'fiscally adventurous'.

JMHO.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
For some taking risks is like feeling alive. Most of them differ on risk assessment though :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
"Tesla was also giving rides to anyone at the event who put down a $50,000 deposit on a purchase for when it’s available – without knowing the full price. And more than a few avid Tesla fans were taking them up on that offer, too."

It would appear, given Tesla's money & production woes, etc., those who have chosen / may choose to take Tesla up on this offer would have to be, at a minimum, 'fiscally adventurous'.

JMHO.

hopefully they put the deposit on their Amex.... you know just incase

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Freakonomic reality.

Gentlemen,

I’m a gas station operator by trade but an economist by education. The two Freakonomics books are favorites of mine. Economics is simply the study of human behavior on a macro (large) scale. Societies push to alter vehicle development and push it in a new direction that is economic nonsense will smash into wall after wall of reality. Energy is the fuel of presperity, freedom, and healthy societies. Advances in solar, wind, and battery technology are slow and incremental. On the order of 1 or 2% a year at best. Wind and sunshine are intermittent and unstable sources that require obscene amounts of space to operate. One of the most important factors in energy generation, storage, and use is density. Packing a lot of energy into a small space. Solar and wind take us wildly in the opposite direction.

What we have here is akin to society building a bullet train from St. Louis, MO to Paris, France completely heedless of the known ocean they are going to run into at the coast. With a hail of “Somebody will have a solution for that by the time we get there!” they press on fueled by taxpayer money taken from society by force and spent by our political masters who are certain that their wisdom spending other people’s money exceeds the collective wisdom of the billion+ individuals who risk their own capital in the marketplace. What could possibly go wrong.

Here’s another Chipism to ponder.

“Reality is completely indifferent to hopes, wishes, and desires.”

Chip