2017 Ford GT engine air filter

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm sure Dave will create sub-forums for tech and maintenance as needed, so I'll just put this here until then.

What does changing the engine air filter involve? The manual states that it's a dealer serviced item.

Last edited:

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
I should be able to get you an answer on Monday when I talk to our GT mechanic.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Have not done it yet but didn't look too bad once the belly pans are off.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Have not done it yet but didn't look too bad once the belly pans are off.

Looks like you will be removing the belly pans quite a bit. Air filter change requires belly pan R&R.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks for checking into this. Looking at the placement of the airbox, I couldn't tell if the filters could be accessed solely by removing the belly pans.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So used to the 05 being so friendly to work on.... This one.... Might be more challenging.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You have to take off a pan on each side, The air box has SS latches.. Not hard to do but it will take time and a lift will helpful..

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
It isn't too hard. You have to remove the engine undertray, loosen clamp to the air cleaner outlet pipe (left hand side), disconnect MAF sensor. Keep in mind there are certain torque specs for all of these bolts, nuts,.... Hence dealer recommended install. :) Parts will be available to only GT customers (with their VIN) themselves and have to be ordered through a servicing dealer with a form filled out. Let me know if you need us to order the part!

Kevin

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I wish I had a service dealer close to me that I could trust. The one near me, Future Ford, has been mean to me (I have another post somewhere about it). All the Michigan owners are lucky to have Milliken Ford.

Ed

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
I wish I had a service dealer close to me that I could trust. The one near me, Future Ford, has been mean to me (I have another post somewhere about it). All the Michigan owners are lucky to have Milliken Ford.

Ed

Thanks so much Ed! With a lot of us here being true "car guys" it is so much fun to be in this awesome community.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
is there a list of servicing dealers??

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A little early yet. Most servicing Dealers haven't had their training or set up the requirements.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I emailed my concierge & they sent me a list of local delivery dealers (5 of them) & the one servicing dealer. I went to visit the servicing dealer, Future Ford, which is only 20 miles from me but they were rude. They wouldn't let me speak with anyone involved with servicing or delivery of the NGTs. The Internet manager came out to tell me someone would call me. When one of the managers called me a week later he thought I was talking about a Mustang GT. I tried to explain the difference but he didn't believe I was getting a NGT. I'm planning on getting my NGT through Milliken. They will actually fly out to meet me at my house when the car arrives (summer '18). Kevin was super nice & very NGT knowledgeable. DBK & others use Milliken.

Ed

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
thanks for info Ed! Might be advantage for Milliken Ford being located in the middle of the country! With e resume like that , probably will be the "go to" dealer!! Sure is nice being able to pick which dealer you want to "reward" your allocation to!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

Ed

as George Carlin would say "this might be a good time for you to learn self reliance" :)

Jk Ed

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Really rude. Some people simply don't understand how much business is lost by such a unthoughful behavior. But voting with the pocket is always a good thing.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
thanks for info Ed! Might be advantage for Milliken Ford being located in the middle of the country! With e resume like that , probably will be the "go to" dealer!! Sure is nice being able to pick which dealer you want to "reward" your allocation to!!

Thanks Gene. We wish we could help all of you out with service. We have Ian Murphy as the go-to Service Advisor and I believe one of the best mechanics in the country, Joe Sicoli, as our GT mechanic. They both take this GT process very seriously as some of you can attest to already. We can definitely help everyone with sales and parts! Again if you choose us for sales I will fly out to your location to handle all the paperwork at delivery. :)

My owner, Brian Godfrey, and I look forward to meeting more of you in Utah!

Kevin

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

Ed

Sad news for us Northern Cal guy's.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sad news for us Northern Cal guy's.

Maybe they will be nice to you! They can't be rude to everyone & stay in business. I can bet no one from that dealership will go to our Rally to meet us & buy us a drink (I added that part in for Kevin - LOL!).

Ed

PS Sorry about the thread hijack.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Maybe they will be nice to you! They can't be rude to everyone & stay in business. I can bet no one from that dealership will go to our Rally to meet us & buy us a drink (I added that part in for Kevin - LOL!).

Ed

PS Sorry about the thread hijack.

Sounds good to me Ed! :)