Navigator

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The wraps are off the navigator (and dumpsters will be full of large pieces of camo, inDearborn today). Huge screen on the dash. Huge vehicle.

I hope the Aviator comes back (explorer based Lincoln).

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-2018-lincoln-navigator-is-a-450-horsepower-fancy-fr-1794242737

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We need this so bad. Mrs. Leadfoot is terrible with our current one. Now she'll probably get 6 mpg.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Looks great! Maybe Heidi might need a Flex replacement for hauling the grandkids around.

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And the problem is (while gas prices start with a 2, vs a 4)?

We need this so bad. Mrs. Leadfoot is terrible with our current one. Now she'll probably get 6 mpg.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Fields on CNBC with Navigator right now. Looks pretty good.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That's a good looking truck.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Pretty close to the concept version too, although without the awesome giant gullwing doors

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Wow! That is a truly great looking ride.

Question though: What's up with the LCD screens nowadays that are mounted outside of the dash? Seriously looks like a poorly designed aftermarket accessory as opposed to a well thought out integrated package. I know nearly all manufacturers do it but can someone explain why? What's the rationale? Aesthetically speaking it seems like a poor choice to me. I mean I don't go around and mount my 4k TVs 3 feet out from the walls in my house...then why would I want that in my car? Sorry, I just had to ask.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Awesome vehicle... I saw the gullwing version in Toronto... I was told almost everything on the concept except the gullwing doors would make it to the street version. Can't wait to see the new version in person.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wow! That is a truly great looking ride.

Question though: What's up with the LCD screens nowadays that are mounted outside of the dash? Seriously looks like a poorly designed aftermarket accessory as opposed to a well thought out integrated package. I know nearly all manufacturers do it but can someone explain why? What's the rationale? Aesthetically speaking it seems like a poor choice to me. I mean I don't go around and mount my 4k TVs 3 feet out from the walls in my house...then why would I want that in my car? Sorry, I just had to ask.

Making screens flush entails adding extra bulk to the dashboard, which is especially problematic with the larger screens.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
doesn't bother me... have them in some of my rides... sometimes easier to use when mounted that way.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Cool. Very interesting. Thank you both for the explanation. Still bothers my eye but I can see the benefits from a structural engineering point of view.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Now if they will just bring back the Excursion........all will be right in the world!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Also keep in mind, I would assume it's also a touchscreen, so will also have to be in reach, of the 4'10" "soccer mom" further adding to the bulk, if flush.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Had a Navigator when my kids were younger. It was SO much better than a Mini Van. Now the kids are all growed up a I buy two seaters now. I'm happy to see it available to the next gen.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
More. Note the "shifter" it's the push buttons under the air vents under the screen.

http://jalopnik.com/the-lincoln-navigator-is-the-enormous-suv-lincoln-final-1794259640

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
More. Note the "shifter" it's the push buttons under the air vents under the screen.

http://jalopnik.com/the-lincoln-navigator-is-the-enormous-suv-lincoln-final-1794259640

Interesting. Is that what those are? Not a fan of the "turbine" wheels but the rest of it is very classy looking. Another job well done!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Now if they will just bring back the Excursion........all will be right in the world!

I agree, but you do have the mack daddy EX. 250K miles on my first, and have 135K on my current one. My wife hates to drive it.

2003 Ford Excursion.jpg

I had a 03 Navigator and loved the ride. Bet the current is amazing. It does look great.

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Saw the new Navigator at NYIAS last week, very impressive, especially the beautiful interior. Currently trying to pry Roz out of her Lexus

Bill I.

Oct 9, 2013
Farmington Hills, MI
It's certainly a big leap forward from the last model. The interior is simply wonderful.

Nav_zpsipzpqexi.jpg