Rolex 24 Hour at Daytona - Car Corral & Hospitality

Rolex 24 Attendance

• I would like to attend the Rolex 24 WITH my GT and be in a Ford Performance Hospitality

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No GT, but would like to attend in the Ford Performance hospitality

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I can't hear you!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha ha real funny. I try to spare everyone's hearing, and you guys mock me. For shame.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
A few questions

1. Anyone have suggestions of nice restaurants near the tract... Or are there any?
2. How far from Daytona to Disney World?
3. Are there any shopping areas near Daytona for the ladies that don't want to stay at the track?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Disney to Daytona 75 miles
Lots to do in Daytona ,
check trip advisor or google for your preferences

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Hooters is one of the fine dining joints of Daytona.

There is a nice mall in Orlando, 75 miles can go quick in Fl. There is a great Harley Davidson store in Daytona

It's a 24 hour race, watch the start, the middle, and the end, The middle is the best depending on how cold it is.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
i told Heidi there is nothing to do near Daytona except for the race! She is now expecting to stay up for 24 hours to watch the race. I hope nobody on the forum tells her different!

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Will be inside the track around 6:30AM on Thursday with the GT. Dave, we are leaving the 20th to go to Mecum first and have told the Ford Corral I need my packages by the 19th. If things fall apart I may need to take you up on getting mine. See if you can set up a one lap section around the track, would be great photo opportunity! Don't forget John and I will have our RV's in spot 42 & 43 for party central.

Is that in the Gecko Shores location???

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
You Think, we better get some very special things in our goody bag! They can't even get my package printed in time to next day it to me. As usual our hero DBK is going to take care of mine and bring it with him. One can only hope we didn't get ripped off by the company we love and support. Time will tell. Wonder if they will be in the same coral?

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
We will be in lot 42 and 43, not sure of exact location. May show on Speedway maps.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Wonder if they will be in the same coral?

I guess (but do not know) that we will be in the same corral as all other Fords. We'll probably have a GT section within the Ford corral. That should be worth...umm...hey...screw it, this is going to be a mini-Rally. Sleep a lot before you get there. Not much sleep race weekend.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

The general Car Corral and the GT Owner package are two separate things.

The car corral hospitality tent is located outside the track and includes no view of the track. The GT owner hospitality is located along the front straight near pit out on raised Pit Road Patio platforms with seating overlooking the course and pit lane at front and the infield at back.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
That is lots 42 and 43 in Geico RED

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
We are lot 48 4ight out of turn 2

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
That is lots 42 and 43 in Geico RED

Seems simple enough for me to remember at 2 in the morning. 42 and 43, 42 and 43....:biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I will shortly be picking up the ticket packages for:

1. BigInch Blake
2. PL510*Jeff
3. pe2unia

I anticipate being in Daytona on Wednesday evening, so just let me know when and where to hand them off to you.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What is "Ford Midway Chalet?"

Got two passes, but they are not mentioned in the "Enclosed you will find..." letter.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
What is "Ford Midway Chalet?"

Got two passes, but they are not mentioned in the "Enclosed you will find..." letter.

Asked the same question. I was told it is the GT and Mustang parking area not needed if you are not bring your GT

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
It's going to be chilly at Daytona. Florida guys...dig out your long johns and parkas. Northern guys: T-shirts will be fine.

Capture.jpg

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Got the entire package , made it before the snow storms.
Thank you.
GTJOEY1314