Cobraguy

GT Owner
Maybe.....

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Renee an I will be at the hotel at 6 and plan to go.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Sounds great since I read where 3 cars were stolen during the recent Dream Cruise on Woodward.

Does just locking our GTs automatically activate our security alarms or is there an extra step required?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Does just locking our GTs automatically activate our security alarms or is there an extra step required?

If you press the lock button twice, you will hear a chirp, and that activates the alarm function. I rarely use it as I don't think many people pay attention to a car's horn blasting away for 5 minutes, and most just ignore it.

Personally, I think the best security is a Lo-Jac, but even they are not foolproof.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
my 6'6" baby sitter with a base ball bat watching over the GTs will be all the deterent we need. setting the alarm not necessry! lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just for what it's worth, the stolen cars at WW thing is wildly overblown. The Dream Cruise is a massive event. It's 1 million+ people and 50,000+ vehicles in town. Any time you have a mass of people that size bringing in vehicles, many of which are poorly secured on trailers, it's not a big surprise when something gets stolen. Look somewhere like Yellow Bullet and see how often drag race equipment gets jacked. "Here's where all the rigs will be for the week!"

This is one of the reasons I never like publishing a Rally itinerary in advice. I get a lot of grief over it, but anyone with an internet connection can read the internet...

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Very good point Dave. of course negative publicity will always get blown out of proportion compared to good news. like Dave said, the masses were incredible with 1,000,000+ people in attendance. there have been rigs stolen at the Shelby conventions in the past and many big race events. you'll always get your low life's no matter where you go or what the event might be. Woodward is a good place to go with hardly any problems whatsoever.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Stay north of 8 mile (if I recall the correct road) But with that, Woodward runs through some great areas. I have zero reservations bringing the GT back to Dearborn, and surrounding areas. In fact, looking forward to it!

And a side note, Pasquale is very good, but you also can't miss out on vinsetta's garage, and their cheese curds. We will be there at some point when we are there. Not to mention, Bunch of gts up front will make a good pic.

Woodward is a good place to go with hardly any problems whatsoever.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How are you going to fit the family in the GT Specracer?

Ed

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
And a side note, Pasquale is very good, but you also can't miss out on vinsetta's garage, and their cheese curds. We will be there at some point when we are there. Not to mention, Bunch of gts up front will make a good pic.

At least (for our event) you don't have to compete with the Dream Cruise for parking. Their "lot" effectively did not exist that week. You handed your keyes to the Valet and pray that you see it again.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Add me to the list Scott!! I will meet all of you at the hotel at 6

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I'll be in town on Tuesday, landing at 2pm and would love to tag along to the festivities that evening!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
At least (for our event) you don't have to compete with the Dream Cruise for parking. Their "lot" effectively did not exist that week. You handed your keyes to the Valet and pray that you see it again.
Hand your Ford GT keys over to the valet? surely you jest! I know, don't call you Shirley!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Hopefully burden friends with open right seats, or plan b, raptor. We are covered, will be an adventure.

How are you going to fit the family in the GT Specracer?

Ed

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Scott,

Two of us arriving hopefully Monday afternoon, would like to join your group if we make it in time and there is room. Hotel @ 6pm.

Thanks,

Bruce

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Just as a reminder that Lingenfelters Cars and Coffee is tomorrow moring (Saturday 8/22). easy drive I-96 to Beck Rd. exit and go North. easy to find and very nice gathering of some very nice cars. I will be there around 8:00ish. hope to see some other GTs there!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Hand your Ford GT keys over to the valet? surely you jest! I know, don't call you Shirley!

No, I certainly wouldn't. Just commenting on protocol at that establishment. Typically you can work out a self park arrangement with them, but during the Cruise, it was a Valet or else proposition.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The Friday night before cruise, at the Roush party, we self parked... Where they told us to.... and was just a crappy mustang (2013)

, but during the Cruise, it was a Valet or else proposition.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Just as a reminder that Lingenfelters Cars and Coffee is tomorrow moring (Saturday 8/22). easy drive I-96 to Beck Rd. exit and go North. easy to find and very nice gathering of some very nice cars. I will be there around 8:00ish. hope to see some other GTs there!

Flying in tonight. Please provide Lingenfelter's address. Thank you!