Greetings from the Fresno, CA area

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Hi Richard! I figured since this community is so small, you guys would be on here. Don't know if you remember, but I was actually considering a SPF GT40 at the time and tracked down Jeff to get a ride along. Turned out the car was a 'challenge' for me to get in and out. After that quick jaunt, my jaw dropped in disbelief as he opened up the other garage bay: White/blue stripe FGT. The most beautiful car I had ever laid my eyes on.:biggrin I messaged Jeff on FB a few days back to keep an eye out for any cars up for sale.

Ed, I remember your challenge with the GT40 - a common one with that car, though. I think I drove the GT40 over to Jeff's to meet you, and we kind of left the GT tucked away and didn't mention it until later. I'm glad the rides helped with your decisions, both then and now. When you get your GT, you'll have the pleasure of seeing that first-time "look" on people's faces too - it never gets old!

Well, that's just too intriguing to leave it at that! Spell it out!:)
If Larry doesn't want to tell the story, then it ISN'T getting told! He's the best secret keeper I know! :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, that's just too intriguing to leave it at that! Spell it out!:)

'Sorry...:secret: :wink

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed, I remember your challenge with the GT40 - a common one with that car, though. I think I drove the GT40 over to Jeff's to meet you, and we kind of left the GT tucked away and didn't mention it until later. I'm glad the rides helped with your decisions, both then and now. When you get your GT, you'll have the pleasure of seeing that first-time "look" on people's faces too - it never gets old!

If Larry doesn't want to tell the story, then it ISN'T getting told! He's the best secret keeper I know! :thumbsup

Yup, most certainly did help. I might have purchased a GT40 sight unseen which would have been a terrible mistake on my part. As for the look on other people's faces....forget that. I'm gonna a have goofy smile on my face 24/7 when it's tucked away in my garage:)
Does Jeff's neighbor (I don't remember his name at the moment) still have his GT? I know he had a black one and was looking to sell a Tungsten. Of course, that was years ago.

EDIT: My wife just reminded me. His name is Shane:) Can I assume he's on this forum as well?

'Sorry...:secret: :wink

Fair enough. I'll just live with disappointment. lol

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
First owner of my car was in Fresno.

lumber

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 30, 2011
Welcome Ed. I helped push you into buying a raptor on the other forum...
Youll love GT ownership, its the best car Ive owned. And half the fun is just looking at it.

I bought an 18k mile one owner red car, from Marv, that had all the right upgrades already done. IMHO makes no sense to buy a low mile car if you plan on driving it.
And Ive put 5k miles on since feb, in illinois...

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Welcome Ed. I helped push you into buying a raptor on the other forum...
Youll love GT ownership, its the best car Ive owned. And half the fun is just looking at it.

I bought an 18k mile one owner red car, from Marv, that had all the right upgrades already done. IMHO makes no sense to buy a low mile car if you plan on driving it.
And Ive put 5k miles on since feb, in illinois...

You did? Thanks!:) Do you have a SCREW or SCAB? Together with my wife's ML63, sounds like you have a garage similar to mine: nothing getting above 10mpg:lol
And I agree wholeheartedly. I can see owning this car forever, and as I previously mentioned, hope to pass it on to my soon to be born son. By then, a V8 manual trans car will likely be something you could only see in a museum:thumbsdow

So, without any intention of selling it, I don't see any reason to keep the miles low unless these cars were so fragile as to fall apart above 20K miles *cough*Ferrari again*cough*

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed
Thanks for the welcome! What are the specs on your truck? 5.7 or 6.2? SCAB or SCREW? Color? Man, I was getting amped to get my truck in Oct/Nov. Now I just can't stop obsessing about a GT:(

Hi Bonehead

Triheart & I both have 2010 Raptors with the 5.7. I have a cool ADD front bumper. There is a thread under "Other Cars" on the Raptors. Mine is white with my own custom splash side graphics & a flat black hood while Triheart is a stock orange.

Special Ed

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Just want to bring my own Intro/ISO thread to the top. Porsche is long sold, been feverishly looking for a GT the last several months. One or two I should have pulled the trigger on in the last 1-2 months, and of course, now I'm deeply regretting it. Others, I'm glad I passed on.

For those dealers and private parties looking to sell, just an update on what I'm hoping to find. Not looking for a unicorn car here:

Looking for centennial white/blue stripe but would consider a stripe delete in black, red, white, blue. NO quicksilver, speed yellow, or tungsten.
Prefer 4 option, would consider McIntosh delete
NO STORIES. If you're a private party or unknown dealer, I will get a PPI.
Prefer no mods, would consider minimal power mods (such as pulley/tune, no TT setups)
Mileage unimportant as long as car is in good condition and is priced accordingly

I have made offers on several cars, most recently as yesterday, some met with polite declines and others not even offering the courtesy of a reply.

I have a budget in mind. I've already stretched it $15K more than I had set when I originally started my search given the already rising prices in the last few weeks! It's well within the current price range of a good/great condition GT. I just need to find the car. Thanks all.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Just want to bring my own Intro/ISO thread to the top. Porsche is long sold, been feverishly looking for a GT the last several months. One or two I should have pulled the trigger on in the last 1-2 months, and of course, now I'm deeply regretting it. Others, I'm glad I passed on.

For those dealers and private parties looking to sell, just an update on what I'm hoping to find. Not looking for a unicorn car here:

Looking for centennial white/blue stripe but would consider a stripe delete in black, red, white, blue. NO quicksilver, speed yellow, or tungsten.
Prefer 4 option, would consider McIntosh delete
NO STORIES. If you're a private party or unknown dealer, I will get a PPI.
Prefer no mods, would consider minimal power mods (such as pulley/tune, no TT setups)
Mileage unimportant as long as car is in good condition and is priced accordingly

I have made offers on several cars, most recently as yesterday, some met with polite declines and others not even offering the courtesy of a reply.

I have a budget in mind. I've already stretched it $15K more than I had set when I originally started my search given the already rising prices in the last few weeks! It's well within the current price range of a good/great condition GT. I just need to find the car. Thanks all.

Wish you best of luck. You are right on with the PPI. Worth it's weight (and cost) in gold. If you have some budget constraints, like most mortals, I'd reinforce looking for a high mileage, no stories, well cared for car. I know a lot of folks with high mileage cars that are still just as fabulous as day 0.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Four more just sold incl white/blue stripe.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Wish you best of luck. You are right on with the PPI. Worth it's weight (and cost) in gold. If you have some budget constraints, like most mortals, I'd reinforce looking for a high mileage, no stories, well cared for car. I know a lot of folks with high mileage cars that are still just as fabulous as day 0.

Thanks. Yes, I'm a working schlub, so I do have a budget:(
And miles don't necessarily scare me. But with miles comes unavoidable cosmetic wear. How much I'm willing to accept I suppose depends on the car and the price.

That pic has to be old even though they just posted it less than a day ago. They haven't had a speed yellow or white/blue stripe in months?? And in all the time I've been looking they've never had a tungsten stripe delete.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^IDK what you are questioning. Here is the recently sold inventory.

That pic was first posted on Jan 12. They had six GTs in stock. Now they have two.

The "tungsten" is silver and it isn't a stripe delete. It has side stripes and does not have body stripe option. It also has 7 miles, so I don't think it is what you are looking for.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
^^^IDK what you are questioning. Here is the recently sold inventory.

Not questioning anything. Just stating that while Chicago Motors may have sold those cars, it wasn't in the recent past as the date of their FB posting would suggest. 'Recently Sold Inventory' doesn't mean the last few weeks or even months. That's all.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Less arguing, more buying of GT please.

Also, it would really help big time to at least give an indication of a budget. Make it within $15k. Nobody gonna nail you to the wall on a range that wide.

White Striped Car
No stripe black, red, white, blue
Stock, No story, mileage unimportant

You're covering a HUGE swath of price points. Depending on the mileage, options and colors, you could be talking about the difference between $155k and $205k, both being appropriately priced. Doesn't sound like you want to get on that high end, so no downside to attaching some general money range. If you've got offers being declined or not responded to, that would say to me that you're gonna have recalibrate the budget-o-meter, because most dealers that are getting in GTs are selling them exceedingly quickly. I'm sure it's possible to walk into a smoking deal, but I know it's possible to be waiting forever.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
No arguing from me. I'm just a lowly non-owner looking for a ride. Sent you a PM.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Stay the course bonehead you will get there.
You have upped your budget once, and may have to again, I'm sorry to say.
As you know you have set your sights on a very rare beast and therefore the area of activity is a small window.
While any car is not nearly as important a purchase as a home, to me this iconic vehicle is similar in my "financial world". Namely, each house we have bought was "out of our price range" at the time. But each time we were so happy we stretched for what we really wanted. It never took that long for that "nervous stretch" to become "a great buy!"

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Stay the course bonehead you will get there.
You have upped your budget once, and may have to again, I'm sorry to say.
As you know you have set your sights on a very rare beast and therefore the area of activity is a small window.
While any car is not nearly as important a purchase as a home, to me this iconic vehicle is similar in my "financial world". Namely, each house we have bought was "out of our price range" at the time. But each time we were so happy we stretched for what we really wanted. It never took that long for that "nervous stretch" to become "a great buy!"

Thanks for the encouraging words, Kevin. I'm trying to stay the course, but seemingly with each passing day, the prices are going up and I don't have a bottomless wallet. As I mentioned, I already upped my budget by a significant (uncomfortable) amount. I was 'out of my price range' a long time ago. Prices are at an all time high and I just don't have anymore room to play. This has been my obsession for a while now and I'll certainly be CRUSHED if it never comes to fruition, but if prices go up much further, I can't in good conscious 'blow my wad' on a car when I have a two small children and a wife to think about.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I had to get a loan to get my GT. It's paid off now but I didn't have the cash at the time. Get it now as the prices will only go up. Loan?

Ed

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I had to get a loan to get my GT. It's paid off now but I didn't have the cash at the time. Get it now as the prices will only go up. Loan?

Ed

It's tempting, Ed. I actually have the cash. I could probably buy a decent Heritage if one ever came on the market. But it would be a really bad idea:)
Getting a loan for a purely luxury item is not something I can convince myself to do. Home loan? Yes. 2 door sports car? The initial relief of not having to outlay that amount at one time would be great but fleeting. Then comes the guilt in paying that amount + interest over time. Silly perhaps, but I believe that if I can't afford something like this with cash, then I probably should be rethinking my priorities. But thanks for the suggestion:)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It's tempting, Ed. I actually have the cash. I could probably buy a decent Heritage if one ever came on the market. But it would be a really bad idea:)
Getting a loan for a purely luxury item is not something I can convince myself to do. Home loan? Yes. 2 door sports car? The initial relief of not having to outlay that amount at one time would be great but fleeting. Then comes the guilt in paying that amount + interest over time. Silly perhaps, but I believe that if I can't afford something like this with cash, then I probably should be rethinking my priorities. But thanks for the suggestion:)

:agree: We think alike. :thumbsup