Greetings from the Fresno, CA area

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Hey there all. Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum as an aspiring owner of one of these beautiful machines. I have been chatting with Pro (Superfly) who pointed me in this direction and has already given me a wealth of information.

I've always been in awe of these cars since I saw my first one in 2006 back when I lived in New York. Owner may be an member here?? but I unfortunately don't remember his name. Price of admission was too much for me to even consider back then when I was just out of my training and just glad to be making above minimum wage. Then Jeff B and his father (I'm guessing also members here?) were gracious enough to take me for a ride in their Superformance GT40 and gorgeous white/blue stripe GT about 4 years ago when I was living in Phoenix. Aside from whacking my head on the door/roof, it was a great experience:facepalm:

Fast forward to today and a few cars later, I currently own a modified Porsche 997 turbo that I have loved for every second of the last 4 years I have owned it. Never thought I'd want to sell it, but alas, the time has come and have put it up for sale.

So, what to get next? My mind of course came back to the GT. Once the Porsche goes, I'll be in a good position to buy up one to my liking. Have been in brief contact with Marv from fordgtforsale.com who I didn't realize until recently is local to me. I'm hoping he can work some magic and find the car of my dreams (for a good price, of course:)) Was also told that there is a fair number of owners in the Fresno area??

Details on what I hope to find: 1) red, 2) Heritage, 3) centennial white. Pristine, no stories (accidents, paintwork, etc. NO SALVAGE), unmodified. Still undecided on the options. BBS lightweight wheels and stripes are a must, caliper paint depends on the car color, McIntosh not a deal breaker either way. Sub 20K miles, obviously lower the better as long as it fits in my price range. Aside from maybe an exhaust in the future, this car will remain stock. My days of modifying cars are over.

Strangely enough, I've never owned an American car. But I also have a 2013 SVT Raptor Supercrew due to arrive in October/November. If my GT search is successful, 2 of my 3 cars will be American muscle:)

Anyway, will be lurking for a long while, reading up on past threads, until I can hopefully find the right car. Then I hope to be a useful contributor. I'm a man possessed/obsessed. I must have one.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
There are many out there right now that fit that description. What are you hoping to pay at max?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Welcome Ed, you're going to love it here. But not as much as you're going to love your GT when you get one. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. I can't wait to see the car you buy, and I mean "see", as I'm very inclined to fly down and help you 'break it in'. :wink

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
There are many out there right now that fit that description. What are you hoping to pay at max?

Don't want to get into exact numbers publicly on the forum, but a lot does depend on how much I can get for the Porsche.

Welcome Ed, you're going to love it here. But not as much as you're going to love your GT when you get one. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. I can't wait to see the car you buy, and I mean "see", as I'm very inclined to fly down and help you 'break it in'. :wink

LOL. I know I'll love it. How could I not? And if you do make it down here, dinner and drinks are on me, Pro!

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
OK, I understand, I was just thinking the guys here could tell you if your expectations are realistic with regard to price.....

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Then Jeff B and his father (I'm guessing also members here?) were gracious enough to take me for a ride in their Superformance GT40 and gorgeous white/blue stripe GT about 4 years ago when I was living in Phoenix. Aside from whacking my head on the door/roof, it was a great experience:facepalm:

Yup, that would be Team Jeff and me. :wink

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Welcome Mr. Bonehead!!

You should have no problem finding a red or white sub-20K mile car in nice condition at market prices.

Heritage model is a much different story, as you likely know, they are available but pricey.

And many if not most cars came fully optioned so that fits your criteria as well.

Also, FYI, one of our very earliest members (BONY), a gentleman and true enthusiast, former board moderator and forum legend was from the Fresno area.

Marv Rose will know of him and along with others can tell many great stories.

Enjoy the hunt, it's almost as good as the kill!!

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
There are many great cars out there including some that we have in stock. Check them out at www.eliteautosllc.com and www.fordgtstore.com

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
OK, I understand, I was just thinking the guys here could tell you if your expectations are realistic with regard to price.....

After checking multiple sites/sources, I have a pretty good sense of the market for these cars now. MSO are out of my range, but then again, I have no need for such a low mileage car. I'd be tempted not to put miles on one if I had it. That would be a travesty! Sub 20K miles opens up the options for me quite a bit and from what I've been told, these engines are bullet-proof to well beyond that (unlike some other manufacturers....*cough*Ferrari*cough*:))
With a decent amount of miles on the car already, I'm hoping most/all of the significant issues have been weeded out and addressed.

Hi Richard! I figured since this community is so small, you guys would be on here. Don't know if you remember, but I was actually considering a SPF GT40 at the time and tracked down Jeff to get a ride along. Turned out the car was a 'challenge' for me to get in and out. After that quick jaunt, my jaw dropped in disbelief as he opened up the other garage bay: White/blue stripe FGT. The most beautiful car I had ever laid my eyes on.:biggrin I messaged Jeff on FB a few days back to keep an eye out for any cars up for sale.

Welcome Mr. Bonehead!!

You should have no problem finding a red or white sub-20K mile car in nice condition at market prices.

Heritage model is a much different story, as you likely know, they are available but pricey.

And many if not most cars came fully optioned so that fits your criteria as well.

Also, FYI, one of our very earliest members (BONY), a gentleman and true enthusiast, former board moderator and forum legend was from the Fresno area.

Marv Rose will know of him and along with others can tell many great stories.

Enjoy the hunt, it's almost as good as the kill!!

Thanks! It's Dr. Bonehead, I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "mister," thank you very much. (Austin Powers reference. Sorry if that went over your head. LOL)

Only reason I put Heritage second is the price factor. But a higher mileage specimen may still be within reach.
And yes, I forgot to mention that I read about Daniel and the horrible tragedy. Such a shame I will never get to meet him.
The thrill of the hunt is exhilarating for sure, but it's keeping me up late at night. I need to get to sleep earlier for work!

There are many great cars out there including some that we have in stock. Check them out at www.eliteautosllc.com and www.fordgtstore.com
Shelby, we actually corresponded via email a handful of times. Haven't heard back from you.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Best of luck on your search.
I'm certian yo will be driving your own GT in no time!

"My days of modifying cars are over."

We'll have to see about that!! You may change your mind after ahwile....:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I was actually considering a SPF GT40 at the time and tracked down Jeff to get a ride along. Turned out the car was a 'challenge' for me to get in and out...Then Jeff B and his father (I'm guessing also members here?) were gracious enough to take me for a ride in their Superformance GT40...

Now, why does all this sound so familiar to me...? :lol ('exactly the same scenario here, bonehead!)

Good luck in your search, Doc!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ha. Guess Richard and Jeff should start charging for ride-alongs:)
Your avatar says 'ex-GT Owner'? What's up with that? How could you sell!?!?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ha. Guess Richard and Jeff should start charging for ride-alogs :)

'Odd...I had the same thought!

Your avatar says 'ex-GT Owner'? What's up with that? How could you sell!?!?

That's a loooooong story, sir. The main reason involves a Twilight Zone incident that few people would understand or accept as fact...so, I've never spelled it out.

Anyway, the decision to sell the car had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with being dissatisfied with the car itself or anything of the sort. Far from it.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
'Odd...I had the same thought!

That's a loooooong story, sir. The main reason involves a Twilight Zone incident that few people would understand or accept as fact...so, I've never spelled it out.

Anyway, the decision to sell the car had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with being dissatisfied with the car itself or anything of the sort. Far from it.

Well, that's just too intriguing to leave it at that! Spell it out!:)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Ahh Visalia, huh? I grew up (well, some people claim I've never grown up) in Porterville. We have a modest, mostly GT-only shop South of you a couple of hours in Valencia near Magic Mountain. Let me know if you would like a PPI done on a car that you may find and we will try to help you out. Oh, and when you get the mod itch - or just need "routine" maintenance, give me a shout. - Kendall

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ahh Visalia, huh? I grew up (well, some people claim I've never grown up) in Porterville. We have a modest, mostly GT-only shop South of you a couple of hours in Valencia near Magic Mountain. Let me know if you would like a PPI done on a car that you may find and we will try to help you out. Oh, and when you get the mod itch - or just need "routine" maintenance, give me a shout. - Kendall

Thanks Kendall. Yup, just moved here a few months ago. Not much here. :bored

Valencia. Ugh. Everytime I pass through there en route to OC, there's always construction and a dead halt to traffic. :thumbsdow

But I'll def let you know if I track down a specimen that needs a PPI. If you come across any for sale, let me know!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Neurosurgeon by chance? Is that why it's "bonehead"? Anyway...good luck in your quest for the perfect GT! They're are all crazy cars and each one has it's own character, obviously, but once you own one, you'll understand why we generally don't sell 'em. I (unlike you), have had many American muscle/Supercars over the years. I currently own an SRT10 Roadster and a Z06 parked next to my GT's, and as much as I enjoy them, none come even close to the driving experience of the GT. Also true that these motors are pretty much bulletproof as well, and lend themselves to serious power enhancements, at surprisingly reasonable cost too. I loved my 1st one so much that I bought a 2nd no-mileage MSO GT, strictly for investment. That's the other cool thing about them. Just try to find another American car that appreciates in value, and is as much fun to drive!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Best of luck on your search.
I'm certian yo will be driving your own GT in no time!

"My days of modifying cars are over."

We'll have to see about that!! You may change your mind after ahwile....:biggrin

LOL. No. Really. At least the 'big stuff'. Exhaust, some cosmetic bits perhaps. But that's it.

Neurosurgeon by chance? Is that why it's "bonehead"? Anyway...good luck in your quest for the perfect GT! They're are all crazy cars and each one has it's own character, obviously, but once you own one, you'll understand why we generally don't sell 'em. I (unlike you), have had many American muscle/Supercars over the years. I currently own an SRT10 Roadster and a Z06 parked next to my GT's, and as much as I enjoy them, none come even close to the driving experience of the GT. Also true that these motors are pretty much bulletproof as well, and lend themselves to serious power enhancements, at surprisingly reasonable cost too. I loved my 1st one so much that I bought a 2nd no-mileage MSO GT, strictly for investment. That's the other cool thing about them. Just try to find another American car that appreciates in value, and is as much fun to drive!

Sorta close. Orthopaedic surgeon.

American cars, for the most part, have just never appealed to me. Fancied getting myself a Z06, but I just couldn't justify it. The Raptor purchase was really a 'I'm bored, so might as well get a kick-ass, gas-guzzling truck to drive to work':) But the FGT is obviously not typical American. The fact that it appreciates in value is an added benefit. I hope I can acquire a great example, enjoy it, and manage to hold on to it for my 1st son (due in December!) to inherit and drive.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There are 2 docs (not bone but tooth) in the Sacramento area that each have a Raptor & GT! Triheart & I! Welcome aboard Bonehead!

Ed

PS Your name & city remind me of a good friend: Bony from Fresno!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed
Thanks for the welcome! What are the specs on your truck? 5.7 or 6.2? SCAB or SCREW? Color? Man, I was getting amped to get my truck in Oct/Nov. Now I just can't stop obsessing about a GT:(