In length and time.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wow!

The stack height seem much higher than OEM. How much space do you have for clearance?
It is taller and the supercharger is taller too. The clearance between the back glass and the clamshell glass is about 1 inch.

longest build thread ever

:)
Why?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It is taller and the supercharger is taller too. The clearance between the back glass and the clamshell glass is about 1 inch.

Why?

How are you going to see the cars with the lights on the roof in you rear view mirror?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
How are you going to see the cars with the lights on the roof in you rear view mirror?

Maybe he won't have to worry about the cars behind him....

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I would think all cars will be behind him........

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

You know what Enzo said regarding the things behind you...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
You know what Enzo said regarding the things behind you...

No I don't, but he didn't have to worry about the LEO in CA, or TX or Mexico in Fubar's case.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I looked it up.

What’s behind you doesn’t matter. – Enzo Ferrari

Now that only applies on the race track.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Alright, I know this is taking a long time but I have to do this "one check at a time."

Here are some shots of the intercooler tank. It should be about a 12 gallon system when complete. This setup also allows for easy addition of ice for 'special' times.

DSC_0222.jpgDSC_0224.jpgDSC_0225.jpg

It's a little difficult to explain everything that is going on here. The new air comes into the system over the top of the tank and there are some cutout for that piping. The two intercoolers will be near the center of the tank and you can see the holes for that. There is also some architecture for internal support... this unit will be at least as strong as the stock unit, probably more so with internal tubular support beams. I also elected to move the water pump back here, although for maintenance reasons I did not place it inside of the tank. Whatever it is; it will be different from everything else.

Attachments

• DSC_0221.jpg
    DSC_0221.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC_0223.jpg
    DSC_0223.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 351

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Intriguing Mark and thanks for the update!

Yea it's long but still very intersting and it will be definately be one-of-a-kind and very well thought out.

Hope to see it when you finish her up!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
honest question...

when is it gonna be complete?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I don’t know.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mark,

Did you save all of your old parts so you can put it back to stock when you're done?? :biggrin

Chip

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
FUBAR, that wouldn't happen to be your Ferrari 288 GTO in the shop as well??

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Mark,

Did you save all of your old parts so you can put it back to stock when you're done?? :biggrin

Chip

I bet he could build another car with the take-offs..

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I bet he could build another car with the take-offs..

I'll bet that's not far from the literal truth!

I just hope the 'actuarials' say I have enough time left to see the end result!

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
next time I am in Dallas I want to see it...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Lol, look at EP getting in on the action too.

I have saved most of he original parts. The only thing I wish I had not cut would be the intake manifold. I should have bought a new one to cut-up and saved the original but it's to late fir that now. We have probabley added 5 (at most) extra holes to the frame but there are enough of the GTs wrapped up to make a collector happy. I want to go fast(er).

The GTO belongs to the shop. He actually built the entire car, including the frame, using Ferrari spec oval tubes. Shawn is a very deliberate and maticulous builder. That is the primary reason this is taking so long (that and money). He won't settle for shortcuts after he has come up with a game plan.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
For the techies here, I am having a bit of a disagreement with Shawn, which I usually know better than attempting. However some outside input might prove useful. I think water should flow from the tank to the front heat exchanger and then to the intercooler. My thoughts are that this water will be the coldest. Shawn wants to set it up to flow from the tank to the intercooler, primarily for times when ice is used. Clearly the second method is best for use with a few bags of ice in the tank. I'm just wondering if it will be detrimental for everyday use or would the effect be minimal?

We will have several sensors setup in there and the data will eventually flesh itself out but I figured some of the racing engineers here have looked at similar problems? The piping is easy to move so this may be something we alter for race day. Thoughts?