Fubar's GT Build

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It is going to PRI at the end of november. I doubt we will have the tuning finished on it then but it should be in one piece. I'll feel better if I can just sit in it and pretend to drive.

We'll start calling you Empty Pockets II

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
lol, poor EP.

… wait screw that, poor me!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Fubar,

What an incredible build. It will be something to behold once finished. (But I'm sure you already know that)

Vince H

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Oh noes, the CnC machine cut off the back of my intake manifold.

IMG_0279.jpg

also attach a few of our CAD images where we put it all together (before we put it all together).

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 957
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 913

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
We'll start calling you Empty Pockets II

lol, poor EP.

… wait screw that, poor me!

A pox on th' both uh yuz :slap

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Hmmm, I thought these only went on turbo cars? ...weird :rofl

IMG_0041.jpg

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
This has got to be the longest build I have ever seen. Cant wait to see it all complete. Good luck with the build.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Hmmm, I thought these only went on turbo cars? ...weird :rofl

View attachment 26972

They put Coke cans on turbo cars?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Detail pic of the shifter setup (yes Mullet, I am aware it is taking a long time).

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
:)

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
this car is going to be the bomb.... great job

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
If the world ends next week then I will be so ****ing pissed that this car never got the chance to be complete. Damn these Mayas

Anyway, FUBAR your creation is SICK! Love this thread.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks, I will be a little unhappy about that too. On an up-note, if the world ends, at least I won't have to be jealous every time I see a GT with a working motor :)

Soon my precious, soon.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Thanks, I will be a little unhappy about that too. On an up-note, if the world ends, at least I won't have to be jealous every time I see a GT with a working motor :)

Soon my precious, soon.

define soon.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
define soon.

Yes Mark, define SOON please

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Bit more came in over the holiday. I'm still waiting on a few parts that will really impress the folks that are following this build. The intercooler and throttle bodies are going to be a pretty major departure from the current design.

This is the jig that we made to hold the rear strut brace. The new brace we are building will double as an intercooler tank. It will easily hold 10 gallons of coolant. Hopefully I will have enough cooling ability to keep up with power but the larger tank will give me a little cushion. It will also make it easy to flush the system and add ice-water (for important times and maximum power):

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

... and we moved the water pump back here also. This is the water pump mount:

IMG_0508.jpg

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Finally, a few shots of the intake manifold. If you haven't picked up on this earlier, we are going to push the boosted air out the back of the intake so that we can run it through 2 honeywell intercoolers (rated at 1000hp each). It also allows me to move the throttle body to the other side of the supercharger, which drastically changes the way they function. All of the billet pieces have been fitting together perfectly. It's amazing how easy assembling is, when you start off with the well made parts.... whatever it is, it will be different from everything else!

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wow,

The cost of prototyping has to be overwhelming. I hope you guys sell some parts later on to recoup some of that.

Incredible project.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It's not the cheapest way to go about this but it not as expensive as you'd think, as long as the parts fit together. If you have to go back and remake items, it get's out of hand pretty quick. My builder has most of the GT mocked up in a CAD model. He has been able to build and test-fit all of the machined components before they are fabricated. Unfortunately we don't have the technology to do flow tests. I would really like to know how well the boosted air will travel through this design (if controller veins would be helpful; here or there) but I will just have to wait and see. We are adding a lot of sensors to data log pressure and temps at different points along the system.

I now that we are getting back to building it (and not waiting on parts), I am having fun again. It's like the most expensive Lego kit I have ever owned.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Wow!

The stack height seem much higher than OEM. How much space do you have for clearance?