How Many left?

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
I am a Newbie, but I got to ask a very tough question my friend ask me and I could not find it in this forum. How many GT's (estimate) are still alive and kicking? :confused

Best Regards,

Chuck

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
3k?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There's no real way of knowing, but I would put U.S cars that have never been damaged at well under 3500. 4038 built, 101 officially to Europe, 200 to Canada. Certainly there have been over 300 additional cars wrecked or exported. I would guess maybe even as low as 3000.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
My guess as an economist. Exactly 3,456 (Plus or minus 1,500).

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

This is why we're in such doo doo! :biggrin:cheers

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
This is why we're in such doo doo! :biggrin:cheers

No sh*#!!! Why do you think they pay me so much. We economists and weathermen have the best jobs on the planet!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Just think economists and weathermen... it's a 50/50 thing.

Either they are right or they are wrong. With nothing left in the middle.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Geez, my son is over at Cal finishing up his economics major (along with math and stats majors). He's an aspiring economist. What should I tell him? :)

No sh*#!!! Why do you think they pay me so much. We economists and weathermen have the best jobs on the planet!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Economists, weathermen and appraisers.....all a guessing game. I heard a joke one time I remember it somewhat...here gos: In a meeting there were 2scientists, 2 lawyers and 2 appraisers. Each pair was asked a simple question, "How much is 2 + 2"?

The scientist said they would need to know much more about the ingredients, charges, theories, atoms chemicals etc before they could answer such a question.

The lawyers said they would have to study cases, precedence, verdicts, consult their law books etc before answering.

The appraisers quickly ran to the window, pulled the drapes, turned off the lights, and whispered to the person administering the question...."How much does it need to be?":biggrin:lol:rofl:banana

My degree is in finance/economics. Thinking about selling it on ebay. Never needed it. Anybody interested. Oops, sorry meant to post in the "for sale" section. How about you t32b??

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Geez, my son is over at Cal finishing up his economics major (along with math and stats majors). He's an aspiring economist. What should I tell him? :)

I can't say, it wouldn't be positive. BTW I have a BA on econ from UCB as well as Biophysics. Econ is cake walk compared to Bio physic. I don't know if I would be that enthusiastic about taking a class from Robert Reich. Every time I listen too him speak I am in disagreement. I can't go further, or I may get banned.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
We talked about this last month, the estimate was under 3000 left in the USA that were still intact....not wrecked.

The past estimate here was 10 percent wrecked!:ack

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Two statements from people much wiser than your humble scribe come to mind:

1) When asked by a prospective client, "How much is two plus two?", the hopeful accountant replied, "What would you LIKE it to be?"

2) "85.3677 % of all statistics are made up on the spot."

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

Tell him he's got an 80% chance of passing, 25% of failing, and 32% of the remaining 12 apples being left from the original 7.

Nicec2s

GT Owner
May 20, 2009
Chatham, NJ
Of the 4038 built, is there a way to learn the details; 05's built, 06's, color combinations, etc? I'm interested in finding out how many 06 Black (no stripe) three option cars were produced. Thanks.

Nicec2s

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Here is the breakdown of how the numbers were:

Numbers_Medium_.jpg

If you send me an e-mail with your contact info, and your car info (options and VIN) I can do a search to tell you how many were built the same as yours.

regards,

Jeff

Nicec2s

GT Owner
May 20, 2009
Chatham, NJ
Thanks Jeff.
Email will be coming once I gather the info.
Much appreciated.
Nicec2s

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I didnt know there was a radio delete option, any one have any pictures of that?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I didnt know there was a radio delete option, any one have any pictures of that?

I think only for exported FGTs. Not offered in the US.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I think only for exported FGTs. Not offered in the US.

Yes - FM station frequencies in Europe are even, e.g. 92.2, 92.4, etc., whereas in North America are odd, 92.3, 92.5, etc.

Thus, our digitally tuned radios are useless on the continent.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Export radios (or lack of)

BlackIce and Ralphie are both correct - the "radio delete" option was not avaialble to order for US or Canadian units. It was part of the spec for European exports.

All European exports (101 cars) were built with radio delete. I do not know for sure, but I doubt they would tool a "delete plate" for 101 units. My guess is they were built with a hole in the dash, and left the radio choice up to Capricorn or the selling dealer.

All Canadian export models (277 cars) were built with the Standard radio. The McIntosh option was not available in Canada, the weight offset of the subwoofer was traded for the additional weight of the Canadian bumper reinforcements & bracket extensions.

For those requesting individual runs of "how many like mine did they make", please include your name and address info, and a picture of your car - let's SHARE info, OK? Your address is not published or shared, and name can be withheld if desired. I have pictures of over 1,000 GTs identified by VIN number - someday, maybe I can get them all.

regards,

Jeff