Custom "side" clamshell vents!!!!!! Phase 2 of 2

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This I truly understand

When fall comes have them chemically cleaned and then coated and you will retain the present look

Takes care

Shadowman

You know I will and thanks for the advise:thumbsup

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
We won't know until we see how long the machining process will be but I don't expect too much of a difference in price.

Please post or send me a PM when the pricing has been determined.

Thanks, usmcfred

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Installation notes

Here are a couple of notes to make the side vents installation go without a hitch:thumbsup

1). Make sure to blue tape up the area shown before doing anything

2). Remove the three philips screws from each vent and set vent aside

3). Set the new vent in place making sure the two bottom tabs are in place

4). Using a 5/64" ball allen wrench (ball allen wrench is recommended) or a regular 5/64" allen wrench start the three bolts provided and tighten them making sure to adjust the vent so that it is square to the clam shell. NOTE: The fasteners on the clam shell are plastic so there is no need to over tighten (snug is good)

5). Pull away the blue tape and you are done

Attachments

• IMG_4725.jpg
    IMG_4725.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_4735.jpg
    IMG_4735.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_4734.jpg
    IMG_4734.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 325

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
shipping update

OK, the early bird shipment went out this morning and a few more will go out tomorrow. All the orders will be fulfilled on Wednesday with the machine getting transfered to the OEM vents starting Monday with hopes of having the prototype complete within a week or so:thumbsup Enjoy them!!!!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Thanks pe2unia. Can't wait! :thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
got mine. They are great just like the top vents. Will try to post pics soon. Thanks for bringing us this product!!!!!!!!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
my paint guy is spraying clear on mine,let you know how it works out.

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
I received mine today too - can't wait to install! Thx!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I want a full set, but I'll wait for the Rally to see both versions so I can choose which one.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
These are beautiful. I'd like to see the actual machining process.

Thanks.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I installed both sets tonight. The fitment was perfect. You guys really went all out making sure everything lined up. It would be easy to get the mounting holes off a little which would be a PIA, but everything went smooth.

I'm glad I bought these. My originals were not only slightly warped, they were cracked quite badly at the bottom mounts and one of the screw posts was actually broken off. It was just a matter of time until they fell apart. This was on the '05 with 7000 miles.

Now I have to buy another set for the other car since I know the stock ones won't hold up.:ack

Thanks again.:thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Here are a couple of pix of my top vents. I will post pix of my side vents when they get back from the painters.

Vents3.jpg

Vents2.jpg

Vents1.jpg

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I installed both sets tonight. The fitment was perfect. You guys really went all out making sure everything lined up. It would be easy to get the mounting holes off a little which would be a PIA, but everything went smooth.

I'm glad I bought these. My originals were not only slightly warped, they were cracked quite badly at the bottom mounts and one of the screw posts was actually broken off. It was just a matter of time until they fell apart. This was on the '05 with 7000 miles.

Now I have to buy another set for the other car since I know the stock ones won't hold up.:ack

Thanks again.:thumbsup

We are glad you liked them Keith:thumbsup It's been a pleasure to help out a local guy in need of work as well as getting a superior product out to everyone interested. He does have a couple of sets left if you want another set just let me know:cheers

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Found my set waiting for me when I got home last night, went out in the garage and installed after dinner. They are beautifully made and fit perfect. I found that I needed to open the clam shell to check and make sure the tabs were on correctly, a couple of strips of the blue tape held the vents in the right spot so they didn't fall off while I checked. Great work! What's next...?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Found my set waiting for me when I got home last night, went out in the garage and installed after dinner. They are beautifully made and fit perfect. I found that I needed to open the clam shell to check and make sure the tabs were on correctly, a couple of strips of the blue tape held the vents in the right spot so they didn't fall off while I checked. Great work! What's next...?

Well he is in the process of getting the prototype for the OEM side vents done to get into production then we do have a couple of things up our sleeves that we will post on soon:biggrin

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
clear coat is done,and vents are findley on

Attachments

• P6010016.JPG
    P6010016.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 98

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I like the billet on that color GT. Nice.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
clear coat is done,and vents are findley on

Very nice!!!!:eek I also like the added pin stripe. Did you do a black finish under the top vents or did you leave them the color of the stripe?

Just a foot note: I put a piece of black vinyl under the billet vents when I did mine and it really brings out the bling:willy

Last edited:

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Very nice!!!!:eek I also like the added pin stripe. Did you do a black finish under the top vents or did you leave them the color of the stripe?

Just a foot note: I put a piece of black vinyl under the billet vents when I did mine and it really brings out the bling:willy

OK, I'll bite. I'm all for the bling but if plastic is under the vents, how do they vent? Or do they need to function?

My car is not with me so I can't visualize the setup.

Thanks.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
in a nut shell... the plastic ducting allows air/heat to escape the engine compartment but stops rain or wash water from going in and falling directly on the motor...
i know there is a better technical explanation which was told to me at Ford but I am always worried about wash water HAHAHA :willy

How you been DonnyMac??? We need to get together for dinner one night!!

:cheers