Custom "side" clamshell vents!!!!!! Phase 2 of 2

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
OK, I'll bite. I'm all for the bling but if plastic is under the vents, how do they vent? Or do they need to function?

My car is not with me so I can't visualize the setup.

Thanks.

You won't actually block anything off you will just use black vinyl (sign material) and stick it to the painted area just under the top vents to give it a dark background. On my test fit I just used electrical tape to see what it looked like.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
You won't actually block anything off you will just use black vinyl (sign material) and stick it to the painted area just under the top vents to give it a dark background. On my test fit I just used electrical tape to see what it looked like.

Got it! Thanks.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Got it! Thanks.

Dont you need to be working or something????

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
in a nut shell... the plastic ducting allows air/heat to escape the engine compartment but stops rain or wash water from going in and falling directly on the motor...
i know there is a better technical explanation which was told to me at Ford but I am always worried about wash water HAHAHA :willy

How you been DonnyMac??? We need to get together for dinner one night!!

:cheers

Everybody is in control of my schedule but me. Once again I demonstrate my inability to manage rigs and credit.

Thanks for the vent explanation. Had me wondering.

This week is history with RRC hearing in Austin. Maybe we tagup next week. Let me know what day looks good for you. I be ready for a cerveza.

:cheers

Last edited:

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Dont you need to be working or something????

:lol Look who's talking :biggrin

Get that car laoded!!!!!!