Status
Not open for further replies.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well, it's time. There's 6 months to go, and we've got to get this ball rolling. It's been a tough year for the Ford GT Forum, and we lost a great friend, but onward we go. I'm excited to let everyone know the dates and location for Ford GT National Rally IV - Austin, TX October 14th-17th, 2009.

You may be asking yourself "Hmm, why Austin?" and "Hmm, why October?" Well, there's a couple pretty exciting reasons for that. Let's just say that if you want, you'll get your fill of Ford GT action, which is what these events are all about.

As you probably know, the Texas Mile in Goliad Texas has grown from a 1-day deal to become a 3-day event. At the last event, there were over 1260 runs made over the 3 days! The event was covered by the Speed Channel and several Ford GT's were featured on the Speed Show "Supercars Exposed". For a sample, check out the video below:

show_banner_pg.jpg

Well, for their 5th anniversay and our 4th, we're proud to partner Ford GT National Rally IV with The Texas Mile! They are adding a 4th day to the event on Thursday October 15th just for us! Woooooohoooo! Here's the chance for you to safely and legally run your Ford GT out for a full mile, and many of you will hit speeds well in excess of 200 mph. There will likely be many GT's on hand laying down all kinds of record breaking speeds. This is what these things were made to do! Depends on our turnout, but you will get the chance to make many runs with the runway all to ourselves for the first day of this great event.

But the GT is no one trick pony. After we ring them out in straight line, we'll move to Texas World Speedway to run the GT's on a big bad road course. Last year was good enough fun being out on the track, either by yourself, or as a passenger in one of the Ford GT's driven by Ford GT Driving Dynamics guru's Mark McGowan and Gene Martindale, as well as GT hotshoe Roketman. This year's track run should be much more fun.

TWS_300.png

And lastly, our good friends at Lonestar Motorsports Park and Hennessey Performance Engineering have invited us out to their facility on Saturday. They've made the drag strip available for drag racing, 60-130 runs, the dyno facility to run the cars on the dyno, and the chance to check out all the cool stuff at their brand new 24,000 sq/ft facility and racetrack.

logo.jpg

Pic3.php

banner02.jpg

So that's it. 1 mile runs, road course driving, drag strip and 60-130 racing. Oh, and did I mention the Texas Hill Country? There will be multiple great road routes to choose from, so get in a pack, hit the road, and enjoy the camaraderie that comes from being in a pack of fellow Ford GT's on the open road hitting the curves with some friends.

Of course, that's just the car side. You know there will be great dinners with old and new friends, discussions, presentations, members of the Ford GT team, our annual charity auction and more. And if you like to party, we'll be staying just a few blocks walk from Sixth Street. I can safely say that yes, the Ford GT Forum likes to have a party (within walking distance of the hotel. :biggrin)

So all the final details regarding lodging will be out this week and registration will be up.

On one final note, pending any changes to the plan, ChipBeck has agreed to Lorna Bonyhadi's request to fly to Fresno and pick up our beloved Daniel Bonyhadi's ashes to be scattered at Rally IV. I intend to take Bony on one last 200 mph ride at the Texas Mile and see him off amongst friends and comrades and the cars he loved. I know he would have loved that. He will be with us always, and he will be with us in Austin.

So that's the scoop. I hope to see you there. Who's coming?

1. DBK
  2. fjpikul
  3. THamonGT
  4. BlackIce
  5. Blue Moose
  6. shelbyelite
  7. Awsum GT
  8. RADGT
  9. Mark06GT
  10. Indy GT
  11. 66GT40
  12. 427aggie
  13. dandaman
  14. tmcphail
  15. The Grey Ghost
  16. Nardo GT
  17. The Chet Offensive
  18. Ralphie
  19. getbit
  20. PL510*Jeff
  21. Shelby#18
  22. Hennessey Performance
  23. Midnite Blu
  24. GT38
  25. GT350H
  26. 93extxdps
  27. Ed Sims
  28. ChipBeck
  29. jbsteven
  30. texas mongrel
  31. specracer
  32. Heffner Performance
  33. pe2unia
  34. PeakCompletions
  35. S592R
  36. Fubar
  37. Gadgetman
  38. KDO GT
  39. Cody@A.R.T
  40. MAD IN NC
  41. Silverbullitt
  42. HiloDave
  43. TriHeart7
  44. soroush
  45. ByeEnzo
  46. Spirit
  47. Tugboat
  48. SuperB
  49. Joe Dozzo
  50. AMB
  51. shesgotlegs
  52. Lightning
  53. SW
  54. Love My GTX1
  55. BigInch Blake
  56. Roketman
  57. RedGT
  58. fly-by
  59. SFM6S006
  60. 1418
  61. SYCO GT
  62. Stormcat
  63. FB GT40
  64. Gill Jr.
  65. kumar
  66. FlagstaffGT
  67. dbtgt
  68. jaxgt
  69. KJRGT
  70. TimCantwell
  71. digman1
  72. sinovac
  73. AJB
  74. jkgt
  75. gtjim
  76. DoctorV8
  77. Cobra
  78. GordonWolf
  79. AlohaGT
  80. NJGT
  81. cobraowner
  82. PILOTJPW1
  83. Lew
  84. UFO74
  85. pauleddy
  86. LOVE CHP
  87. huffmantim
  88. macjec
  89. DRIVEBY
  90. AZSTAD
  91. FlorIdahoChris
  92. donnymac
  93. Viper 1
  94. BigsGT
  95. Stunts
  96. JBG
  97. cobrajeff
  98. Anya
  99. SFMS600S
  100. MarkH
  101. Kip Ewing
  102. ENZO BTR

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm in and looks like first on the list. Frank

Wait a minute, I answered before I read the whole post. Ashes in Texas? Maybe better to spread a spoonful all the way along the road from Scottsdale.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Put Sue and I down Dave as we will be happy to welcome all to the STATE Of TEXAS. God Bless The USA, Texas and Boney. Tomy Hamon

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'm in!

Can't wait to see Frank's face when it is shown that RED is not the fastest color! :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Frank, Chip requested that I make the final drive from Scottsdale just for that purpose. I would love to and will try. That said, if I can't because the schedule looks impossible, I know that Bony would have wanted to be a passenger with any of the great members of the Ford GT Forum on the ride and have a little piece left along the route.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
WOW!! That's soooooo cool Dave! Thanks for all you do:thumbsup

Moose x2 are in for EVERYTHING at rally IV:banana

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
why you even gotta ask....
We are in!!!!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Im in Yee haw!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Count me in.

Stu

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
We're in. :banana:banana

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
DBK, we are in

Finally the annual event we get to really DO something and enjoy owners from all over the country!

Count us in!

And now counting the days to this extravaganza with great friends, great cars, great accomodations and spectacular camaraderie!

66GT40

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 18, 2005
I'v missed Rally II & III because of other commitments but this one.
Jerry

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
IN...

dandaman

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2007
Tyler, Tx
I'm in

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hell yes !

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Can't make the dates, already booked for a meeting in Europe same time. To my dismay!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Pending any unforseen circumstances, my wife and I will be at what we hope to the the first of many.

Looking forward to seeing the few friends we've already made and hoping to make a number of new ones.

That and getting to let the GT loose in a number of new ways!!!

Jeff

Attachments

• 3gears.gif
    3gears.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 309

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I'm in. I'm 45 minutes from Austin. Plenty of GT parking here.:cheers Got a few spare beds. First come first served!:thumbsup Photo op with "the famous Nardo GT" and her pitcrew....trust me you WILL want to see the pit crew....you will totally forget the Ford GT's.

Last edited:

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
Wow, LOTS of driving!
~130 miles from Austin to Goliad
~110 miles from Austin to Sealy
~75 miles from Austin to Luckenbach :wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Goliad is the only big drive. Sealy is optional and I'm sure some people will be worn out and won't roll.

Many options for those who bought their cars to DRIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.