Z06 VS FORD GT video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matavarium

Apr 11, 2006
Montreal
Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 vs Ford GT

Title speaks for itself. Dont know if this is a repost.

Any opinions?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
That hasn't been my experience.

Rob Ferretti

May 2, 2006
NYC area
video from another angle.

http://beyondthequarter.com/zvsgt.mpeg

wasn't as bad as the video made it out to be. The last pull where the Z06 pulls away I lifted because I was getting peppered with rocks.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Matavarium,
Yes, in my opinion that red gt is beautiful!

Manny #1418

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Z06 weighs less but lets turn the tides and put a new intake and tune on the ford gt and see what happens.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
FordGTGuy said:
Z06 weighs less but lets turn the tides and put a new intake and tune on the ford gt and see what happens.
I Agree. Why can't they just use Bone stock cars for these comparisons?

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Tuned Z06 vs. stock GT is pointless. I raced a stock Z06 in my stock GT, and the results were definitely not what that video shows. Try racing stock for stock, and then post the video. It's not like it's hard to find a stock Z06.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I agree with the last post. A Zo6 stock vs a Ford GT stock is no race. Plain and simple and I have tracked both cars in a stock config.

Let's tune up that GT and roll the video again and see what happens.

BTW a stock Z06 is a beast in it's own right and deserves alot of praise for being the best dollar for dollar value of any perfromance car of any class.

magwheel

GT Owner
Mar 26, 2006
Ohio
Brilliant!

I love the mentality of these guys drag racing on what looks like a heavily trafficked highway. Great way to get hurt or hurt some innocent person driving home in their car.

And then to top it off, then the Z06 driver goes ahead and does donuts with his Vette! Geez... haven't seen that since I saw a video of a Carrera GT doing that 2-3 weeks ago. I thought that was pretty wild.... until I remembered doing that with my Mom and Dad's 1964 Galaxie with a 289 and automatic trans in a local shopping center parking lot back in 1964. I was 16 years old!!!! At least I had an excuse for being a dumb ass!

Remarkable that some people buy exotic cars only to act like complete idiots in them! :banana Michael

p.s. Just to be fair..... the Z06 is faster than hell but speed isn't the only reason to own an exotic. Uniqueness, sex appeal, quality, enjoyment and reliability do have some merits too! I would be more happy to own a Z06 but would sure do something different in it than doing donuts!

Rob Ferretti

May 2, 2006
NYC area
magwheel said:
I love the mentality of these guys drag racing on what looks like a heavily trafficked highway. Great way to get hurt or hurt some innocent person driving home in their car.

And then to top it off, then the Z06 driver goes ahead and does donuts with his Vette! Geez... haven't seen that since I saw a video of a Carrera GT doing that 2-3 weeks ago. I thought that was pretty wild.... until I remembered doing that with my Mom and Dad's 1964 Galaxie with a 289 and automatic trans in a local shopping center parking lot back in 1964. I was 16 years old!!!! At least I had an excuse for being a dumb ass!

Remarkable that some people buy exotic cars only to act like complete idiots in them! :banana Michael

p.s. Just to be fair..... the Z06 is faster than hell but speed isn't the only reason to own an exotic. Uniqueness, sex appeal, quality, enjoyment and reliability do have some merits too! I would be more happy to own a Z06 but would sure do something different in it than doing donuts!

I feel bad for your car collection. Dont be afraid to have fun, its alright! :banana :banana

2005FordGT

Ford GT. It's The One.
Aug 8, 2005
New York
Just seen this video over on some Vette forum(wont mention name) and have seen the talk about it on others and I still don't see what the big deal is. Yes, the Z beat the GT but not by much at all. And since the Z wasn't stock, this isn't even fair! With very few modifications the GT could send that Vette back to 1953 :lol The Z is a great car, but can never match the Ford GT in terms of all around performance and greatness.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Matavarium said:
Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 vs Ford GT

Title speaks for itself. Dont know if this is a repost.

Any opinions?

It is a repost. Of the first time you posted it a few hours earlier.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
DBK said:
It is a repost. Of the first time you posted it a few hours earlier.

:rofl

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005
Surprise, surprise, surprise! A stock Ford GT won't win every street/track encounter. Guess what. Some owner of a modded Mercury Marauder proved this and provided a video months ago. By the way, which auto (stock or modded) has never lost? Answer: The one which wasn't raced.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Paul Vincent said:
Surprise, surprise, surprise! A stock Ford GT won't win every street/track encounter. Guess what. Some owner of a modded Mercury Marauder proved this and provided a video months ago. By the way, which auto (stock or modded) has never lost? Answer: The one which wasn't raced.

What's your point? The stock GT lost to a modded Z06. So what? :confused The point that is being made by many on this thread is that a stock Z06 wouldn't stand a chance versus a stock GT, and I know this from first hand personal experience. I can see racing the guy in the modded Z06 for fun, but the result is meaningless. If you want to draw some conclusion of the result, either race stock vs. stock, or modded vs. modded. :thumbsdow

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005
Clax, My point was just the opposite of how you perceived it. No vehicle will ever win every race, and for the modded ZO6 to win this "street" race against a stock GT (that really wasn't fully broken in) was hardly shocking news to me. And just to make sure the poster knew that I knew that a GT could lose (against what he and others might perceive to be a "lesser" vehicle), I mentioned the defeat which a GT had suffered earlier this year to a modded Marauder. I hope that I've cleared things up.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I can take a Modded "Ricer" and beat the GT,Z06 and Maurauder, this proves nothing. What I have yet to see and probably will never see is Equall drivers in the GT and the Z06 both cars bone stock on stock tires run the Quarter mile at a track at the same time with multiple passes. The Z guys track there cars but very few GT owners track theres. I personally don't care if one is faster than the other I didn't buy my GT because it might be faster than a Z06. I think both the Z and the GT are great cars and I will own a new Z before too long. This Comparison has gotten out of hand all over the Internet, it would be nice to see these cars run like I said, No Mods,same track,same day, same conditions,Equall drivers........................

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Paul Vincent said:
Clax, My point was just the opposite of how you perceived it. No vehicle will ever win every race, and for the modded ZO6 to win this "street" race against a stock GT (that really wasn't fully broken in) was hardly shocking news to me. And just to make sure the poster knew that I knew that a GT could lose (against what he and others might perceive to be a "lesser" vehicle), I mentioned the defeat which a GT had suffered earlier this year to a modded Marauder. I hope that I've cleared things up.

I don't think any of the GT owners on this board are naive enough to think that they can beat any and all cars, let alone a modded Z06. I don't think anyone was surprised with this result, so you're not the only one.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
FORDGT001 said:
This Comparison has gotten out of hand all over the Internet, it would be nice to see these cars run like I said, No Mods,same track,same day, same conditions,Equall drivers........................

it has been done, the GT wins.....Period.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Clax said:
I don't think any of the GT owners on this board are naive enough to think that they can beat any and all cars, let alone a modded Z06.

Clax, are you insulting me? :lol :lol

I have already run a Zo6, I was quicker. Nobody else wants to run against the GT (rarely at least), leaving only the bike people...

Status
Not open for further replies.