Wow! One year already?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I totally forgot, but just milling through the usual junk this morning I noticed that yesterday it had been exactly a year since the board went up. A whole bunch of GT discussion later and we're still here.

Thanks guys!

:party:party:party

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hats off and Congrats DBK!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
The best is yet to come my friend, thanks again because if it was not for you , we wouldnt even be here!!!! thanks gtjoey :thumbsup :club

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well done and how it has changed, I used to be able to check every other day or so, Now have to check everyday, or it is too much to process!

We done everybody!

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Thanks to DBK!!! Every board needs a passionate and knowledgable founder/backbone/advocate/caretaker/ etc. I didn't find this board until last January but have gotten so much from it. Feels like it's been around for years! Happy anniversary!

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Awesome and your right it doesn't fell like a year!

:cheers :party :club :party :cheers

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Congrats on the success and good reputation of the board.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations and a BIG Thank You! :cheers

Tom Thomas

Jun 21, 2006
wow one year already

Congratulations. Although I haven't posted yet, my thoughts are with you guys every day and hope the RALLY is successful and fun as I am sure it will be. Have a great time, wish I could be there. Good luck for the coming year. Tom Thomas

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
A big birthday wish to the forum and many thanks to the forum daddy!!! :cheers

See ya next week, I'm heading to downtown Detroit this afternoon for business. And crank up the heat and humidity so I'll feel right at home! :ack

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings Dave,
I notice you made it possible to become a contributing member, I did so.
I suggest putting an ikon after folks name that are supporters. About time you get a little 'mod money' for your efforts. I love this place, thank you Dave!
God Bless America,
daniel :banana

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bony, that means contributing meaningful content to the forum. I guess we'll have to accept your avatars as "meaningful," although Spiderman was very hard to redeem oneself from.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Bony, that means contributing meaningful content to the forum. I guess we'll have to accept your avatars as "meaningful," although Spiderman was very hard to redeem oneself from.

Doc, you midwestern guys are way to sensitive!! Not suggesting that you should become a metrosexual or anything. I have new avatars but Dave has yet to allow them to surface. Make's Bouncy look like she belongs in the Convent of the Little Sisters Of Devine Charity... hellllloooo Dave :frown

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Remind us again how many folks were registered back in August last year? My how we have grown.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
Remind us again how many folks were registered back in August last year? My how we have grown.

Chris, did you not win a prize for posting?? I know you were one of the first members to join.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks, Dave. You did it right and you did yourself proud, and we're proud to be a part of it.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Congrats Dave! You do a fantastic job! Looking forward to meeting you next week. :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
Chris, did you not win a prize for posting?? I know you were one of the first members to join.

As I recall, in the first two months the site was up Dave randomly selected from the registered participants someone to win a prize. I think it was in an effort to build participation. I was selected in either August or September and Dave sent me this great GT poster. Ahhh the good old days...You could log on every couple of days and click on "new posts" and have maybe five posts. Today there are three pages of new posts! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
As I recall, in the first two months the site was up Dave randomly selected from the registered participants someone to win a prize. I think it was in an effort to build participation. I was selected in either August or September and Dave sent me this great GT poster. Ahhh the good old days...You could log on every couple of days and click on "new posts" and have maybe five posts. Today there are three pages of new posts! :thumbsup

yup, Dave prolly needs a moderator, someone to come on board and ban a bunch of folks.... It has been amazing how civil this site has remained, and I hope it stays that way. Seeyah in Detroit.

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Best auto site around. Good job, Dave.:cheers