WOW!!! 2005 GT With 860 Miles SOLD on EBAY FOR 128,000 No Reserve! *SALE WAS A HOAX*

FLGT

Oct 16, 2006
SW Florida
I wonder if it really did sell for 128,000 No Reserve?? It was a great car and a great deal if it did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...QQihZ012QQcategoryZ116478QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I wonder if it really did sell for 128,000 No Reserve?? It was a great car and a great deal if it did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...QQihZ012QQcategoryZ116478QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

See, "GT Market - record low price", thread.
'Several viewpoints on your question therein.

E.P.

Aug 25, 2006
All I can say is "do not believe all that you read and or are told" other wise you could fall prey to "PT Barnum" and his clan of MerryMen.

Takes care

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
All I can say is "do not believe all that you read and or are told" other wise you could fall prey to "PT Barnum" and his clan of MerryMen.

Takes care

Shadowman

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Pockets

FLGT

Oct 16, 2006
SW Florida
Did't see the post Sorry

I really did'nt ask for a smart ass comment. I was simply wondering if anyone knew if the car really sold for 128K it seemed really cheap if it did. Seems like this fourm has gotten a little hostile lately. Sorry I missed the post about the car earlier.:bang

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hostile? Don't Think So

I really did'nt ask for a smart ass comment. I was simply wondering if anyone knew if the car really sold for 128K it seemed really cheap if it did. Seems like this fourm has gotten a little hostile lately. Sorry I missed the post about the car earlier.:bang
FLGT,
I think my post earlier today to cfra7 at this link:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=45271#post45271
may also appy to your comment above.

Fred

"Man, when you lose your laugh you lose your footing."
- Ken Kesey

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Yah right....Winning bidder "Ken" buys copper soup bowls etc.

Aug 25, 2006

I was not meaning to upset anybody as such please accept my apology. I was simply suggesting that one look and listen but always question.

Could the gal have sold for the price indicated; absolutely. Do I feel that it is a reflection on the market; no. Now having shared this; gals are bought and sold everyday for all sorts of reasons and sadly from to time they are simply liquidated at a value that makes no sense to the masses.

Again; my intention was never to ruffler any feathers.

All the best

Shadowman

FLGT

Oct 16, 2006
SW Florida
No Problem

Thanks...NO Worries

futuregtowner

Sep 16, 2006
SE Arizona
We've been fooled...........but not had!

Let me say this about what you all saw. I have been keeping track, for over two months, of every GT sold on eBay. The picture is bogus and so is the sale. Here's why:

1. The pictures are the EXACT same pictures of a blue GT that has been on Autotrader online for quite awhile. The ONLY trouble is, the picture has been on a dealers website, for sale, up in PHOENIX!!! Not North Carolina!
LOOK AT THE PICTURES BOYS!!!!! ARIZONA PLATES AND PALM TREES IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!

Here is the link to Mel Clayton Ford in Phoenix....it's still for sale:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...year=2006&start_year=2004&lang=en&cardist=173

2. No GT's sold today December 15, 2006 on eBay at all. Period. If they had, I would have known about it because I have EVERY GT being offered for sale on my "MY EBAY" page. It didn't happen fellas!

3. Check my sold prices I been keeping up with from eBay sales but you'll have to go back to 11-22-06 "The Market...the real numbers" where I been posting as sales occur.

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Let me say this about what you all saw. I have been keeping track, for over two months, of every GT sold on eBay. I think the picture is bogus and so is the sale. Here's why:

1. The pictures are the EXACT same pictures of a blue GT that has been on Autotrader online for quite awhile. The ONLY trouble is, the picture has been on a dealers website, for sale, up in PHOENIX!!! Not North Carolina!

LOOK AT THE PICTURES BOYS!!!!! ARIZONA PLATES AND PALM TREES IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!

2. No GT's sold today December 15, 2006 on eBay at all. Period. If they had, I would have known about it because I have EVERY GT being offered for sale on my "MY EBAY" page. It didn't happen fellas!

3. Check my sold prices I been keeping up with from eBay sales but you'll have to go back to 11-22-06 "The Market...the real numbers" where I been posting as sales occur.

Yep, it's bogus

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey FLGT do you own a GT?

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Guys it MIGHT be bogus but maybe not! Who knows if the car hadn't been through the body shop with a 40k repair and we all know what that does to resale especially if it's disclosed via carfax or an honest seller especially if it's a dealer. Likely though it is bogus for I personally have contacted people via email regarding their "buy it now" price and they claim it's real but it has to be done through ebay. A guy who claimed to live in the Boston area had a 2006 Viper coupe (blue/white stripes) with a "buy it now" price of 53k. I emailed him to ask if the price was correct and he said yes. I emailed him back and told him I'm in CT and I'd be there tomorrow with CASH and he basically disappeared. So, buyer beware for their are a lot of dirt bags out there. BD40

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
GT at that price is not very likely

I am an automobile wholesaler and have a 2005 GT that I bought new, very early on. The vehicle now has about 700 miles. I love it, will not sell it at any price. The car will go to my children when I pass on. Remember, if a deal sounds too good to be true---it always is! That price is nonsense, unless the car has been totalled and rebuilt otherwise there is something else wrong. I don't remember there really being a Santa Clause do you?
leon

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
Let me say this about what you all saw. I have been keeping track, for over two months, of every GT sold on eBay. The picture is bogus and so is the sale. Here's why:

Here is the link to Mel Clayton Ford in Phoenix....it's still for sale:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...year=2006&start_year=2004&lang=en&cardist=173

Great response, thanks for the reseach and input

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ebay and AutoTrader = bull shit and a waste of time, feeding ground for trolling dealers.:bs :thumbsdow :bs

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
I really enjoy "market" threads. I have to agree with darn near everything that I've read from the GT owners. The GT is not just another car, and as such, it will not be just another used car. In a way, we do control the market on these cars, as it's all about supply and demand. From what I've seen, the owners on this site are not like others. By and large, a great majority are hanging onto their cars, and are not selling. For one, there is really not a new GT in the pipeline, no need to "upgrade". How large can a market be if most current owners do not have their car on the market.

If I was in the market for a used GT (or, one of the last of the new ones), I would certainly pay attention to this Forum. If any good buys can be found, this group will be the first to help.

John

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
I really enjoy "market" threads. I have to agree with darn near everything that I've read from the GT owners. The GT is not just another car, and as such, it will not be just another used car. In a way, we do control the market on these cars, as it's all about supply and demand. From what I've seen, the owners on this site are not like others. By and large, a great majority are hanging onto their cars, and are not selling. For one, there is really not a new GT in the pipeline, no need to "upgrade". How large can a market be if most current owners do not have their car on the market.

If I was in the market for a used GT (or, one of the last of the new ones), I would certainly pay attention to this Forum. If any good buys can be found, this group will be the first to help.

John

Well said John!!! I particularly agree with the "we do control the market" part.
About the only unfortunate happening with this car is that it seems more and more current owners are getting out rather quickly. In some cases it begs the question of an enthusiast's real buying/owning motive to begin with. How can anyone (less of course financial or personal reasons, health etc.) be tired of a GT that quickly. I hope used cars are few and far between for 3-5 years for it will really keep the market demand at top value if their is no supply. Just my opinion...BD40

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It Will Happen

Well said John!!! I particularly agree with the "we do control the market" part.
About the only unfortunate happening with this car is that it seems more and more current owners are getting out rather quickly. In some cases it begs the question of an enthusiast's real buying/owning motive to begin with. How can anyone (less of course financial or personal reasons, health etc.) be tired of a GT that quickly. I hope used cars are few and far between for 3-5 years for it will really keep the market demand at top value if their is no supply. Just my opinion...BD40

Big Dan,

This appears to be the “normal” cycle of selling by those who never really had a true PASSION for the Ford GT in the first place.

This phenomena will subside when those that are into the “got to have the latest popular toy” are out of the picture.

When the cars are in the hands of those with the true PASSION, prices WILL RISE.

Fred

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006

Big Dan,

This appears to be the “normal” cycle of selling by those who never really had a true PASSION for the Ford GT in the first place.

This phenomena will subside when those that are into the “got to have the latest popular toy” are out of the picture.

When the cars are in the hands of those with the true PASSION, prices WILL RISE.

Fred

Fred, you and Cobraman should get together and write books. Both of your comments are well said and at least in my opinion right on. I get a little disappointed when I hear of some of the sellers almost bragging about the fact that they are selling their GT's. I for one really don't see the need for it being advertised on this forum, it's sort of demoralizing. BD40 Might as well trade the wife in too!!!:biggrin