Who has picked up on all its neat features yet??

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Threw all the videos/pictures who has picked up on anything cool?? The car has a lift system in it for ground clearance :biggrin
There is one thing!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That's accomplished by active torsion bars.

One thing I noticed that the car does not have, is center lock hubs. Of course this could change as the car is finalized.

Also the 350r has CF wheels, you would think the gt would be the technology leader, but I'm sure that's dictated by the FIA rule book

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
That's accomplished by active torsion bars.

One thing I noticed that the car does not have, is center lock hubs. Of course this could change as the car is finalized.

Also the 350r has CF wheels, you would think the gt would be the technology leader, but I'm sure that's dictated by the FIA rule book

The GT will NOT have centerlugs. They are heavier and they are a pita.. they come loose etc. Porsche and many car companies had learning issue with centerlugs.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

That's why you have tick boxes.

[ ] Standard Cast Wheel
[X] BBS Optional Forged Wheel

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Carbon Fiber Tub
Carbon Fiber Body Panels
Active Aero with a deployable rear spoiler.
Torsion bar and Pushrod Suspension
Adjustable ride height

It's a seriously sophisticated piece of equipment. Performance limits are going to be very high.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
The waste gate vented to exit through the hole in the center of the brake lights!

There will be no a/c. Nor a radio either

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
How about how the door opens, bringing the lower sill up with it making ingess and egress much easier? No sill to climb over?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The waste gate vented to exit through the hole in the center of the brake lights!

That's not what's in the brake lights.

There is AC and a radio.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
That's not what's in the brake lights.

There is AC and a radio.

1) Is it possible these comments were honestly made? Or just variations between street/non-street versions?

2) The answer to your taillight statement is ?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The and AC and radio delete was on the 350R

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I didn't see a subwoofer.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
1) Is it possible these comments were honestly made? Or just variations between street/non-street versions?

2) The answer to your taillight statement is ?

Maybe someone confused when Raj was talking about the GT350R and attributed it to the GT. The GT350R comes with no AC or radio as standard equipment. GT definitely has both, as well as the whole SYNC 3 system.

I saw the wastegate comment on R&T, asked someone on the program and they said that's not the case.

Tupps11

Feb 26, 2009
Beirut/Lebanon
Any info on electronics yet? I'd imagine that this car would need some pretty advanced traction control modes/systems or brake steer to compete with the likes of Ferrari, McLaren, and Lambo...

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston

I heard them say this about the 350R but not the GT. Why would the GT not have ac or a radio? If its a grand touring car, at least the street version should have these things. Without AC, its not a street car.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
And GTE class cars are required to have A/C. So you can be pretty sure the system will be light and efficient.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think I saw a rear view camera

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Maybe someone confused when Raj was talking about the GT350R and attributed it to the GT. The GT350R comes with no AC or radio as standard equipment. GT definitely has both, as well as the whole SYNC 3 system.

I saw the wastegate comment on R&T, asked someone on the program and they said that's not the case.

Thanks Dave… guess I'm easily mis-lead by folks who "should know", but really don't.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think I saw a rear view camera

Aren't backup cameras one of the new mandated features? Of course the car has to have ABS, traction control and stability control, so launch control is a software task.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
The GT will NOT have centerlugs. They are heavier and they are a pita.. they come loose etc. Porsche and many car companies had learning issue with centerlugs.

They are heavier for sure, but I've never had a problem with my Heffner centerlugs on my Gt, or the ones on my SPF Cobra for that matter.
Best,
Mark

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thanks Dave… guess I'm easily mis-lead by folks who "should know", but really don't.

No worries! Stereo and AC are visible on the studio in car pics.