Who could sell a GT??

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
IMO public schools should be avoided like the plague...and I mean from PRE SCHOOL right on up. 'Too much "p.c.", "touchy-feely", "blame America first, "green is 'rad' - not your dad" stuff going on in public schools...not to mention a lack of discipline.

Although my kids go to public schools, I :agree: with EP.

I am constantly explaining to my kids why they are being taught what they are and what an alternative viewpoint is. Then to think about what they believe is correct and why.

Always two sides to a coin, but usually one side looks better than the other.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
The worst is behind us. The economy and market will expand in 2011 and 2012. Hard work can replace a higher education at a private institution.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I have sold two of them but just recently bought my third. reasons were not finanacial , I just did not bond with the GTX1 as much as I thought I would and the other one was not quite the color I wanted. I did come back to the fold though. It is such an amazing car.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We all make compromises.

Could you imagine eating the same food for the rest of your life. Think of all the experiences you would miss out on.
Having 1 woman for the rest of your life the same thing could be said.
But with the gt who needs food or a wife?

I guess it depends on what taste buds you were dealt.

We have the same taste!!!!!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
As Much as I wanted a GT and as much as I love having one and never plan to sell, there is one and only one car I would consider selling it for.....if they ever produced it that is;

Attachments

• DSC_0089 (3).JPG
    DSC_0089 (3).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 152

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Roger,

Well said.
Thanks Stu!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The worst is behind us. The economy and market will expand in 2011 and 2012.

...unless the U.S. dollar is replaced as the "go to" reserve currency of the world...and there HAVE been meetings about doing that (denied by the U.S gov't/treasury, of course). If/when that happens, all bets are off in the "recovery" dept...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
As Much as I wanted a GT and as much as I love having one and never plan to sell, there is one and only one car I would consider selling it for.....if they ever produced it that is;

That car is just sooooooooooooooooooo kool, words fail! :banana:banana:banana

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
The problem with increasing the number of gov't jobs over private sector jobs is that does not grow the economy. It's the kiss of death to a free capitalist economy. Very simply you can't have more people in the wagon then pulling it.

H

HHGT

IMO public schools should be avoided like the plague...and I mean from PRE SCHOOL right on up. 'Too much "p.c.", "touchy-feely", "blame America first, "green is 'rad' - not your dad" stuff going on in public schools...not to mention a lack of discipline.

The thought of a public school makes me want to vomit, at least here in SoCal. Principals hands are tied. They can't make a decision without some jackass' opinion on what is politically correct. I have always also believed that education starts with the home and the school reinforces it and provides for the ability of a child to grow socially and to develop leadership skills. So far we're 2 of 2 and I thank the Lord daily.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't think you can fault the Catholic parochial schools, although Sister Rosetta Stone has gone the way of the dodo.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I hear you. When I hear of one our fellow owners stating that they intend to sell their cars, I am always saddened. I hate to see anyone miss out on the tremendous experience of owning a FGT.

Tim, I am suprised at you....I thought your response would have been...let them sell, there are a few colors I don't have yet:cool

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
We have the same taste!!!!!

At least 2 out of 3, my wife is like a female version of a ford gt. Having said that I better not get rid of the ford gt...............

Funny thing is my wife quoted me that line about food and women. Hey I better go see what she is up to. Later...............

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
It's cool to read the posts and speculate about what professions some of you are in. Lots of highly educated folks on here.

We put our kind in private school for the standard reasons - over crowding, etc. If you really want to scare yourself read your kid's history book...I think the only way they could have done worse would be to burn the books.

I'm in the technology field. No degree, no employees with degrees - guess I'm the "other" side of the coin. I've found in my sect of technology it's more run what you brung or show me what you can do. Unfortunately a technology degree means loads of theory and no practical or any kind of experience. In other words a fresh out of school technology major is as useful to me as a laborer off the street - but with the constant head ache of consistent questioning of everything and the demand for higher pay. I try to look to the future of what this person can become/achieve over the laborer. Problem is will the new grad last that long - make it thru the initial learning phase. Some do, most don't. Dreams of office chairs and sugar plum ferries fill their minds. Most want to be the boss with no experience because that's what they were taught in school.

I do not blame the schools (universities). I blame the society who has brainwashed these poor kids into a belief that all they have to do is graduate then grace the employer with their presence & vast knowledge - nevermind they don't know what a Crescent wrench is.

I'm also in the installation, turn-up and maintenance side of the house. Need folks who can build it, troubleshoot it & optimize it all in the same trip. There are tons of folks who can design it - we correct their mistakes daily. As the large firms outsource more & more - which will be the continuing trend for the foreseeable future - smaller companies like mine will have to wear more and more hats if we want to stay in business. There used to be a time when being specialized was "special" and profitable, very profitable. Now just to stay in business you better be able to operate a shovel as well as you can a computer.

Not bashing degrees, they just have different weighting/worth in different job fields. Trust me, I want my doctors & lawyers well educated....I want my mechanic very experienced.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Undergrad was the 10 best years of my life !!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
You were in an accelerated program!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

You were in an accelerated program!!!

One fellow I grew up with ("Curt" is his name) was S-T-I-L-L enrolled in college at about age forty. I ran into his parents back then and had asked them what he was doing. According to them, he had a degree for darn near everything under the sun by then. For all I know, he may STILL be in school getting "doctorates" to staple to said degrees!:frown

'My generation' has always referred to such fellows as "career students". :bored

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Trust me, I want my doctors & lawyers well educated....I want my mechanic very experienced.

Actually, I want BOTH my mechanic (technician? :lol) AND my surgeon - but ESPECIALLY my surgeon -to be VERY experienced!!!:willy:willy:willy

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia

As mentioned I have and do spend a boatload on my kids education but one rule is college is 4 years and grad school is whatever the norm is . After that they pay. I also agree with others that public colleges are great. In fact my son goes to the number 1 rated university in the us-UVa(depending on what ranking you look at UC-Berkely often picked 1)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The top public university Berkeley is only ranked in the 22 when you include all universities. But this is only one opinion.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings