Whipple supercharger parts

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Does anyone know if you can buy a rebuild kit ie front bearings for a gen 1 3.3 whipple, I emailed whipple but have had no reply,as I am in New Zealand I don't want to send it all the way back to the USA as we will be racing again in 4 weeks.my front snout bearings are rumbling.
Any help would be appreiciated
Thanks
Neil
NZ05GT

H

HHGT

Does anyone know if you can buy a rebuild kit ie front bearings for a gen 1 3.3 whipple, I emailed whipple but have had no reply,as I am in New Zealand I don't want to send it all the way back to the USA as we will be racing again in 4 weeks.my front snout bearings are rumbling.
Thanks
Neil
NZ05GT

Contact Nota4e aka Kendall here on the forum. I think he recently dealt with the same issue for a customer of his.

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Thankyou i will try that first
:cheers
Neil

H

HHGT

Thankyou i will try that first
Neil

www.cooltechllc.com

Bruceky

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2009
I will go by Whipples tomorrow and see what they have, will let you know what is available.

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
I will go by Whipples tomorrow and see what they have, will let you know what is available.

Thankyou Bruce
much appreiciated, and still no reply from whipple
Neil

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Neil,

Just to set the record straight regarding some of the Supercharger work we have done recently.

We replaced the rotors, front snout, and bearings in an OEM SC set-up where the front snout bearing failed - and the subsequent "debris" contaminated and caused failure to the rotor bearings as well. (Collateral damage sucks.) This car had an aftermarket pulley. We suspect that the pulley may have been improperly installed and/or the SC was over-filled with oil and severely overheated. While maybe all of this is interesting, it certainly has nothing to do with Whipple!

A few months ago, we DID replace the front bearing assembly in a newly manufactured 4.0L Whipple. However, we replaced this proactively after Whipple discovered that the venting was not done properly on this particular unit.

In our experience, Whipple has always been easy to contact and to work with. I suspect that you are experiencing an anomoly.

If you are not able to make contact with them by early next week, I'd be happy to try to help you as we are in the same time zone as Whipple - and relatively close (~150 miles).

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Kendall, I'm glad you said time zone and not twilight zone.

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Thanks nota4re
I have no problem with whipple as a product,this is not a warranty issue as we only race ours and I don't expect any warranty .
ours has only failed as it always runs at 200 plus degrees oil temp in the snout.
I was just suprised that they did not even say yes or no to being able to supply parts.
ps I am now looking into running an oil cooler on the Whipple.
still no word from whipple I will send them another e-mail today so it is there for monday morning USA time,It is monday morning NZ time here.
:thumbsup
Neil
this is not a b!!ch session I just don't have a lot of time to wait as we are racing again in 6 weeks

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Just to let you all know Whipple has contacted me and we are all sorted :banana have new parts on the way :thumbsup
Thanks
Neil

H

HHGT

Just to let you all know Whipple has contacted me and we are all sorted :banana have new parts on the way :thumbsup
Thanks
Neil

Glad to hear... I hope you did not have to pay California Sales Tax...:willy:willy:willy

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Glad to hear... I hope you did not have to pay California Sales Tax...:willy:willy:willy

No just GT tax:cheers

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
Thanks
Neil
NZ05GT

Neil,

All you have to do is email me, mike or dennis here. We can't check the forum's everyday. It's a special bearing, you can't find them with the type of seal, grease and design.

Thanks,
Dustin

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Dustin Thanks I didn't have your contact,so Used whipples web contact
I got a reply from Michael as I e-mailed whipple directly first through your tech dept then your sales department.but it is all sorted and there are no problems, :thumbsup:cheers

PS I can only say that we are very pleased with the quality of you product and the fact that we only use it for endurance racing and the supercharger oil temp had been running up to 240 degrees till the bearing started to fail after 3000 race miles is only more reason to keep running it.I would like to see someone elses supercharger last this long,

Neil

Bruceky

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2009
The bearings are a satandard bearing purchased from any parts house. The front bearing is a 6204c3. , the seal being a 35/45/7 or cr#13927. Sorry for the delay, Bruce.

H

HHGT

The bearings are a satandard bearing purchased from any parts house. The front bearing is a 6204c3. , the seal being a 35/45/7 or cr#13927. Sorry for the delay, Bruce.

Okay my curiosity is peaked. How did you find that out?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Okay my curiosity is peaked. How did you find that out?

Took the blower apart to paint or polish and read the numbers off of the bearings?

Bruceky

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2009
My pal has worked at Whipples off and on for many years .