Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
See how this plays on the GTR site..:biggrin These are just very different animals,, The GTR is what it is, I know a local GT owner who has a GTR, for him it's great car to have fun and haul the kids around ..

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Gee, this is real impartial :bored

:rofl

:lol:lol

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
See how this plays on the GTR site..:biggrin These are just very different animals,, The GTR is what it is, I know a local GT owner who has a GTR, for him it's great car to have fun and haul the kids around ..

When you use the phrase "great car to have fun and haul the kids around" this is not what I think of as a plus for my super car. :lol

That said it still amazes me how much emotion the GT-R inspires. I would like to drive one, but I do think, launch control issues aside, they could have made her look better. I liked the looks of the last gen skyline. They had some awesome body kits for those. The current GT-R visually....well.....:ack

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! :banana:banana:banana

( Careful guys: I hear Obama is going to impose a cap of 1 GT per Lifetime ):bs:bs:bs

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Honestly, I can see a valid argument for choosing the GT-R over the FGT at real prices, but so far no one has made that choice. Obviously this is a FGT forum with a predominance of bias towards the FGT. However many on this board own multiple high performance cars and enjoy each in their own special niche. I look forward to Mitty's review.

Most of us w/FGT's, if so inclined, could add a GT-R to the garage, but seriously, by using the word "OR" in your heading, you pretty much doomed this thread.

I'm looking forward to Mitty's review as well, but for the writing, not the obvious conclusion.

PS...it's spelled "choose" :wink

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
Ford GT's aside...

I would purchase a GTR for HHGT since he has never owned an automobile that did not rattle.:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
lets see....ford gt , beautiful, durable, bulletproof..
Gt-r , questionable durability, butt ugly..
Case closed.
Ajb

AMEN to that !!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ford GT's aside...

I would purchase a GTR for HHGT since he has never owned an automobile that did not rattle.:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Nah, better to buy him a soft top BMW with a firm bottom, then he can be identified with the socially sensitive LA crowd. Who knows he may meet some new friends. :lol

H

HHGT

Ford GT's aside...

Ahhh Shuttup Jim....

H

HHGT

Nah, better to buy him a soft top BMW with a firm bottom, then he can be identified with the socially sensitive LA crowd. Who knows he may meet some new friends. :lol

You Shutup Too Clinton....

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
What's a GT-R ? :rofl

--

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
IMO this thread is not worth responding to....

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
What's a GT-R ? :rofl

--

it stands for, Get Transmission Replaced

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
it stands for, Get Transmission Replaced

Now that is not fair. No everyone would need a new tranny. If EP got one, the tranny would last a very long time, until the seals dried up and it leaked oil all over his garage floor.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Now that is not fair. No everyone would need a new tranny. If EP got one, the tranny would a very long time, until the seals dried up and it leaked oil all over his garage floor.

Aaaaaaah, SHUDDUP, Clinton! :tongue

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Aaaaaaah, SHUDDUP, Clinton! :tongue

("...the tranny would a very long time..." ??? Huh?)

Thanks for the correction. I fixed my post.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
More fuel to keep the fires burning...

I've never owned a japanese car...

http://www.revmods.com/nissan-gt-r-specv-officially-unveiled/

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
More fuel to keep the fires burning...

I've never owned a japanese car...

http://www.revmods.com/nissan-gt-r-specv-officially-unveiled/

I have to say, it looks a lot better in black, it makes the front end less repulsive. In red it looks hideous (sorry Frank).

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The car never appealed to me in any color. There was one sitting in the lot at Mandalay most of the time we were there.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
There was one sitting in the lot at Mandalay most of the time we were there.

Here it is...

IMG_4912copy.jpg