Which Half Do I Own?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well as of 1:00 pm today I paid 1/2 of the MSRP on my New 2017 Ford GT at the delivering Dealership. I'm trying to figure which half I own? Am I the first to pay, as my 50% deposit was due tomorrow 1/13/17? Within two weeks the person who purchased my 2006 Ford GT will finish paying the Dealership For the 06 GT minus his healthy deposit he made today. Will that mean then that I own the whole 2017 GT yet to be built? Lots of questions in my mind that are keeping me from sleeping these nights because of all this excitement. After arriving home this afternoon from my car dealing I noticed my wife Sue in the closet looking at the only two outfits she has left in her closet as i've sold about everything in there. This morning I found her in the garage painting her Fitbit gold to look like her Rolex that I sold last week. She's quite worried the GT Forum wife's are going to will make fun of her only two outfits at the next Rally. Oh Well, everyone needs a little laugh each day so I'll help you. ha ha. I notified my Concierge this afternoon that she's under the GUN to get that white GT built quick as my Man Cave Building is looking pretty empty after today. Life goes on and is fun these days. Sue's going to kill me for posting this but it's all in fun and she knows me pretty well after 37 years. Enjoy my friends remember We Are Blessed!

Attachments

• IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
love it... can't wait for the Left coast delivery!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Is the new Continental gone already? More of a rental than a lease?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I think it's cool to imagine your GT ownership morphing from 2006 to 2017 in some alternate universe (or just at Multimatic).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congrats buddy! New adventures and the old girl stays close to home!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
We are so excited for you and Sue! Can't wait to see your new Baby. Bet Sue won't even miss that old Rolex after riding in that NFGT... :biggrin

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Frank, I couldn't liquidate the new Continental as it was a Christmas present to Sue and I have no title to it, it belongs to Lincoln Financial. I can't picture Sue driving a used Pinto. ha ha. Not going down that road. Every day gets even better being an ambassador for Ford and the GT. My CPA ask me if I get a check from Ford for my upbeat Ford attitude?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats buddy... I'm right there with you.. My Check was intentionally dated January 4 2017 which was my birthday. !! Best Birthday ever !!

PS: your new dream car is missing the wheel caps !! ..:biggrin

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats to you and Sue. Looking forward to getting a ride!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Can't wait to see the new gal Tomy. Congrats. Life is good.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Am I the first to pay as my 50% deposit was due tomorrow 1/13/17?

I sent my deposit to Santa Margarita Ford a week ago Tomy. Can't wait to see it in my garage and if you get yours first I might just fly out to see yours in your garage. I'm so happy for you buddy.

Chip

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Congratulations, you reached another important milestone on your ownership journey.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Congratulations Tomy, it won't be long.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Congrats Tomy. I bet that was a special moment when you handed the check over and it was official!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
A big congrats Tomy! we are all excited for you

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Tomy, two outfits is about all that Sue will be able to get into the trunk!

FYI for everyone in or around Houston, Mr Hamon has kindly agreed to bring his new machine to a special Cars and Coffee that will feature American Supercars. So, if you've got an 05/06, a Saleen, Vector, Mosler, or anything that fits the "American Supercar" description, watch this space, will be firming up details when Tomy's car has arrived and he is back down to earth!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Keep it up Tomy!

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Looking forward to coming to Houston this summer to see grandkids and get a ride in that beast Tomy !

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ive never been so excited to put down 250k!
Congrats to all my friends who have!
every time I open my email Its the first thing I look for!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Congrats, Tomy and looking forward to more details on it Dave!

(Hijack-If anyone is interested in a drive to a destination tomorrow morning call me or pm me for details)

Last edited: