Wheel spacers

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Has anyone added wheel spacers to their OEM wheels? I think the car would look a lot better if it was lowered and the wheels were more flush with the fenders.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Never heard that before.... Personally I wouldn't even mess with the thought of spacers as the last thing I would want to see happen is a wheel shearing off as I fly around the s-curves or other "driving" roads/ tracks.... Also, I'm not sure I want to prematurely paint the vehicle due to road chip.....

Typically wheels are balanced hub-centric because that should be the dead center of the wheel. OE wheels are centered by the hub. Now, when you add spacers, you are increasing the likely hood of a balance problem because they make it more difficult for the wheel to center itself and more importantly put more stress on the lugs. Longer studs and lug nuts help keep it secure, but try holding a book in close to your body then hold it straight out. The further you move the weight away, the heaver it will get.

Suggest getting new wheels with a different offset...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Changing the front wheel offset will adversely affect the car's handling!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'd just lower it first and see how you like it. I lot of people are using a wider tire. That may solve your problems without tinkering with the suspension dynamics as much.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Has anyone added wheel spacers to their OEM wheels? I think the car would look a lot better if it was lowered and the wheels were more flush with the fenders.
I also like them more flush with the fenders and will await until I get my KW suspension. Should be the wednesday. Afterwards I'll see whether to add spacers or not. Can't be too bad as there were Porsches in the past who had them stock.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
ETW

I could not agree with you more about the wider tire or tires flush with the fenders look on the car to make the car stance look even better than it does now

If you figure out a way to make this happen with spacers or wheels please let me know

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The right size wheels with the right size tires, some lowering perches from Alex, presto neato, all good!!! Well, I'm happy with the spacings anyway :biggrin

4759033023_acf0a0b55f_b.jpg

4759668546_53c1960a82_b.jpg

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
^^^^^^^^
Nice Superfly!

Care to share the details of that set-up?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks Chris. Actually, I can't recall the offsets :O Dymag did send me a CAD drawing showing all that, but I can't find it. My bad. The wheels are 18x9 fronts and 19x12 rears. The tires are the Scuds in the back (345/35-19 back) and Porsche 265/40-18 fronts. I went with the slightly taller 265's so they'd fill the front well a bit more. If I can find the specs for the wheels, I'll post the ET sizing as well. But they were done at Dymags measurements, not mine, and there is absolutely zero rubbing!!! :thumbsup

And Kendall did the install for the T/A perches. I can't recall how much he lowered it, but again, he did it as per Alex's recommendations. Came out fantastic!!! Thanks again Kendall!!!

Aug 25, 2006
She sits and looks "perfect"

Shadowman

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
That's my favorite Heritage for sure! She looks all business.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
That's my favorite Heritage for sure! She looks all business.

Just needs a little escargot and it would be perfect! :eek

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Just needs a little escargot and it would be perfect! :eek

Kendall, you KNOW I want some snails..........now you're just making me even more impatient. LOL. Soon my friend, soon.